197 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, p_marv said:

I reached out to them a few times, they usually got back within 3-5 business days. I would ping them again if there is still no response.

@All - we just had our interview today and she was approved! We're over the moon. The interview was painless, we were careful to have all the requested documents in order, along with additional supports just in case. Thanks to everyone here for the solidarity and information sharing. Best of luck through this process - the first of many more hahaha.

So happy for you, and thank you for the advice! We will ping them again today. I'm so glad for you and your fiancé. Congratulations!!! ❤️

Timeline
On 11/1/2021 at 10:55 AM, p_marv said:

I reached out to them a few times, they usually got back within 3-5 business days. I would ping them again if there is still no response.

@All - we just had our interview today and she was approved! We're over the moon. The interview was painless, we were careful to have all the requested documents in order, along with additional supports just in case. Thanks to everyone here for the solidarity and information sharing. Best of luck through this process - the first of many more hahaha.

Congratulations! My fiancee interviewed yesterday as well. She was verbally told that she was approved, but I will believe it when the status changes to something other than Refused on CEAC.

Timeline

Processing Times 

We was approved at the embassy in Rio a month ago and have been in processing for 3 full weeks, K-1 and K-2 

The K-2 has been issued but the K-1 is in purgatory, does anyone have any idea how long we might have to wait?

There has been no issues and no additional information has been requested.

What kind of recent experiences have others had with delivery of the Visa...... 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Robert Upton said:

Processing Times 

We was approved at the embassy in Rio a month ago and have been in processing for 3 full weeks, K-1 and K-2 

The K-2 has been issued but the K-1 is in purgatory, does anyone have any idea how long we might have to wait?

There has been no issues and no additional information has been requested.

What kind of recent experiences have others had with delivery of the Visa...... 

Our interview was a litlle over 3 weeks ago, K1 and K2. The status said "refused" for 3 weeks, then changed to "application received". I hope that they (K1 and K2) will be issued this week. It seams like the k1's without K2 issue fairly fast and the ones with K2 are a bit slower. Maybe they are a little slower do to the children involved. . I do know some that waited for 2 months for the visa to be issued. Good Luck!

Timeline
21 hours ago, Gauchos said:

Congratulations! My fiancee interviewed yesterday as well. She was verbally told that she was approved, but I will believe it when the status changes to something other than Refused on CEAC.

Yes, the statuses are going into 'received' which is strange, but it seems like it's expected as a part of their processing. Yours is the third case outside of ours that I've heard of being processed like this as of late.

Timeline

The Embassy sent us the interview info packet today after two emails over two weeks. :) However, it looks like the SP doctor isn't taking any new appointments until February 2022. Have any of y'all had success scheduling at the other doctors recently? Or any advice on how to follow-up with doctors offices in a sufficiently annoying but not TOO annoying way to try to get an appointment sooner? I'd really like my fiancé here before the end of the year if at all possible, but I know everyone else feels the same way, so it might not be possible... but still hoping to try! I will gladly fly him to BH or Brasilia if I have to. 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, ori8 said:

The Embassy sent us the interview info packet today after two emails over two weeks. :) However, it looks like the SP doctor isn't taking any new appointments until February 2022. Have any of y'all had success scheduling at the other doctors recently? Or any advice on how to follow-up with doctors offices in a sufficiently annoying but not TOO annoying way to try to get an appointment sooner? I'd really like my fiancé here before the end of the year if at all possible, but I know everyone else feels the same way, so it might not be possible... but still hoping to try! I will gladly fly him to BH or Brasilia if I have to. 

My Fiance had her medical exams in Sao Paulo the end of September. The Doctors office was very helpful. She called them to ask about an appointment and they requested an email with a copy of the email from the Consulate. She sent them a copy of the packet email and received a reply within a couple of hours. The reply included an appointment date and time for later that same week. Brasiliar, Belo, Rio etc was going to be the backuup plan, but the doctor in Sao Paulo was very helpful and fast. Good Luck!

Timeline
20 hours ago, ori8 said:

I made a doctor appointment in Belo Horizonte, they seem to have availability for sooner than that.

However, I scheduled my interview early last week and the earliest date I had was for the first days of January 2022. So unless there are some people rescheduling, I don't think you will be able to bring your fiancé this year. Maybe the doctor availability has to do with the interview availability? Have you scheduled your interview?

Timeline
24 minutes ago, dfmag said:

I made a doctor appointment in Belo Horizonte, they seem to have availability for sooner than that.

However, I scheduled my interview early last week and the earliest date I had was for the first days of January 2022. So unless there are some people rescheduling, I don't think you will be able to bring your fiancé this year. Maybe the doctor availability has to do with the interview availability? Have you scheduled your interview?

Damn, we were going to schedule after work today and I was hoping they'd still have late November/early December slots open T__T But it's fine if it ends up being next year, that just means NEXT Christmas/Hanukkah/New Year will be our first one together and we get a whole year to plan for it :D  I feel so lucky to have y'all as a resource so we can get a better idea of how things are going before we actually get into the guts of scheduling. I'll update here/my timeline when we get our dates scheduled!

Timeline
On 11/5/2021 at 12:56 PM, ori8 said:

Damn, we were going to schedule after work today and I was hoping they'd still have late November/early December slots open T__T But it's fine if it ends up being next year, that just means NEXT Christmas/Hanukkah/New Year will be our first one together and we get a whole year to plan for it :D  I feel so lucky to have y'all as a resource so we can get a better idea of how things are going before we actually get into the guts of scheduling. I'll update here/my timeline when we get our dates scheduled!

I feel the same. This group has be very supportive and so incredibly helpful! Hope you can schedule your interview soon 🙂

Timeline
On 11/3/2021 at 11:12 AM, Ana & TJ said:

Our interview was a litlle over 3 weeks ago, K1 and K2. The status said "refused" for 3 weeks, then changed to "application received". I hope that they (K1 and K2) will be issued this week. It seams like the k1's without K2 issue fairly fast and the ones with K2 are a bit slower. Maybe they are a little slower do to the children involved. . I do know some that waited for 2 months for the visa to be issued. Good Luck!

Our Visa has finally been issued and now we await its delivery...... 5 weeks after the interview

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Robert Upton said:

Our Visa has finally been issued and now we await its delivery...... 5 weeks after the interview

Congratulations! Our interview was a little over 4 weeks ago, hopefully ours will be issued soon.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ana & TJ said:

Congratulations! Our interview was a little over 4 weeks ago, hopefully ours will be issued soon.

Are they delivering your visa to you or do you need to go pick it up from a consulate?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kelbets said:

Are they delivering your visa to you or do you need to go pick it up from a consulate?

When you schedule your interview, you select the delivery method. I believe you can pick it up at the Consulate in Rio, have it delivered to your home or pick it up at one of the ASC (Applicant Service Centers).  We chose to pick ours up at the ASC in Sao Paulo.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ana & TJ said:

When you schedule your interview, you select the delivery method. I believe you can pick it up at the Consulate in Rio, have it delivered to your home or pick it up at one of the ASC (Applicant Service Centers).  We chose to pick ours up at the ASC in Sao Paulo.

Yes i was just curious if some methods are faster. One of our friends stayed in rio for another 6 weeks after her interview before she was able to pick it up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.