Indian Doc

Pending AOS members-Jan to April Filers

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Here We are too:( waiting since february and still nothing:( last touched was may 31 and after that nothing:( hopely one day they will remember all of us who have been waiting more.

Welcome ANDRES_MARINEL. Hopefully they will remember all of us. I was surprised to see that there are last year applicants who are still waiting for AOS adjustment. :( Hopefully all ours will be over soon. Thanks for joining.

AOS, EAD

2006-Dec : Came to US for vacation

2007-Jan : Married to US citizen

2007-Mar : Medical exam with CS

2007-Mar : Filed I 485, I 130, I 765

2007-Mar, 20: Recieved NOA for all the three applications

2007-Mar : Biometrics for 485, 765 notice recieved

2007-Apr : Biometrics for 485 and 765 given

2007-May : Recieved Interview letter for AOS, 485

2007-Jun 02 : EAD recieved by postal mail

2007-Jun 04: Applied for SSN card

2007-Jun 23: Recieved SSN card.

2007-Jul : AOS interview at Memphis

2007-Jul 24 AOS APPROVED and recieved following emails and touches..

Card Production ordered email

Approval notice sent email

Welcome notice sent email..

... yeah all good things on same day!!

2007 Jul 30 email received "Approval Notice for I 485 sent"

2007 Aug 03 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED by mail

2009 April 24 Next Form to be files I 751.. Till then No USCIS!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
I guess we are borderline Dec/Jan filers.Still waiting ..No touches..No updates but still smiling between checking for updates and slight Grrrr's at times.Once we recieved the EAD card its been easier to sit back and show somewhat more patience at waiting thru name check..

Yeah. Agree with you. Even I havent had any touches after my EAD, and infact from Biometrics... It is frustating for me. So, I can imagine how it would be for those early filers. God will bless us all soon.

Add us to this group... last touch 4/26! filed 1/29. At least we have EAD so he's working. I'm ready to have a little break from USCIS!

Welcome Me~n~Him. Everyone is desperately waiting for a break from USCIS. But seems they are not willing to give us a break soon. :unsure:

AOS, EAD

2006-Dec : Came to US for vacation

2007-Jan : Married to US citizen

2007-Mar : Medical exam with CS

2007-Mar : Filed I 485, I 130, I 765

2007-Mar, 20: Recieved NOA for all the three applications

2007-Mar : Biometrics for 485, 765 notice recieved

2007-Apr : Biometrics for 485 and 765 given

2007-May : Recieved Interview letter for AOS, 485

2007-Jun 02 : EAD recieved by postal mail

2007-Jun 04: Applied for SSN card

2007-Jun 23: Recieved SSN card.

2007-Jul : AOS interview at Memphis

2007-Jul 24 AOS APPROVED and recieved following emails and touches..

Card Production ordered email

Approval notice sent email

Welcome notice sent email..

... yeah all good things on same day!!

2007 Jul 30 email received "Approval Notice for I 485 sent"

2007 Aug 03 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED by mail

2009 April 24 Next Form to be files I 751.. Till then No USCIS!!

I filed at the end of Feb, NOA in early March and a CSC transfer and am still waiting too. There's no rhyme or reason, I think. I'm just grateful I applied for and received my EAD.

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

I think the whole "we process in the order we receive them" line is #######.

Anyway...our story...filed in mid-March, transferred to CSC in mid-April, didn't hear of the pending status until mid-June (60 days later). Husband was approved for EAD June 1st and still doesn't have his card because they messed up our address. Thankfully it was finally sent back to them and they will (hopefully) send it to the correct address Monday. Need...money... :|

No news on AOS. We had three touches and now nothing.

I-129F

10/23/2006 - I-129F approved (97 days from CSC)

AOS

03/03/2007 - Married!

03/14/2007 - I-485 + I-765 sent

03/21/2007 - NOA1, Checks cashed

06/01/2007 - EAD card production e-mail received (74 days)

07/27/2007 - EAD RECEIVED (57 days after approval)

11/29/2007 - Infopass appointment - file was sent to a storage facility before it was finished processing.

05/28/2008 - Received AOS Interview notice

07/10/2008 - AOS Interview-APPROVED pending fingerprints

09/22/2008 - GREEN CARD IN HAND!

Removing Conditions

06/04/2010 - Sent I-751

06/07/2010 - NOA1

06/09/2010 - Check cashed

07/22/2010 - Biometrics Appointment

09/08/2010 - Card production e-mail

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi Friends..

Many of the filers who filed in March and April and also the prior months got approved. There are very small fraction of people left behind.. So, let all of us.. who are still pending post here and can help each other about the ongoin proceedings and also the reason for possible delays..

Thanks for everyone...

Are we waiting for FBI name check or something else?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
there are a lot of people prior to people who just filed in March, etc. who are still waiting.

Yes, there most certainly are. A Feb/March/April filing is nothing compared to the wait that others here have had to go through (and are still going through).

There are still people stuck in name checks who have been there well over a year.

AOS is a pain and the wait can seem like an age. But to put it in perspective, if you've filed this year and have not yet received an approval it really isn't that long to wait.

there are a lot of people prior to people who just filed in March, etc. who are still waiting.

Yes, there most certainly are. A Feb/March/April filing is nothing compared to the wait that others here have had to go through (and are still going through).

There are still people stuck in name checks who have been there well over a year.

AOS is a pain and the wait can seem like an age. But to put it in perspective, if you've filed this year and have not yet received an approval it really isn't that long to wait.

The point (well, one of them) is that there are already several threads devoted to people who filed pre-April (April? C'mon, that was the other week...!) and are 'still' waiting, be they pending at CSC, stuck in namechecks, or whatever... I'm sure a lot of the people who filed in Jan/Feb/March/April are unaware of this and just want to get together to find out who's in the same situation and compare notes, but... a) there's threads for this purpose already, and B) even though I'm sure nobody intends it, I can imagine pre-Jan filers will be ever so slightly galled by a thread like this. I'm guessing this was just an attempt to gather the 'stragglers' from the Jan-April threads, but... yeah, there's places for that already, and if I'd been waiting since forever ago, I'd be feeling a bit, um....... :unsure: ....... at this thread. ;)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Filed: Other Timeline

It's my opinion that when you gather yourselves up in some sort of artificial monthly filer timeline category, certain participants in that 'timeline' are setting themselves up for a fall. Those who are 'left behind' are going to be thinking there's something 'wrong' with their case - when in reality nothing could be further from the truth.

AOS is nothing like visa processing. There are hundreds of thousands of petitions for adjustment each year compared to less than 100,000 K type visa petitions. Lump yourself in with all those adjustees and you are not going to get similar data at all.

I know what it feels like to get left behind by all my filing buddies just due to the natural attrition process. Had I pigeon-holed myself into some sort of 'monthly filer' category I would have been completely nuts by the time my husband's 17 month long greencard saga came to a close.

It's my opinion that when you gather yourselves up in some sort of artificial monthly filer timeline category, certain participants in that 'timeline' are setting themselves up for a fall. Those who are 'left behind' are going to be thinking there's something 'wrong' with their case - when in reality nothing could be further from the truth.

I think you're right, RJ (and I always did...), although since filing my AOS all of a few weeks ago I've grown to appreciate that there is (or can be) a purpose for those 'monthly' threads - just somewhere to post idle chitchat relating to NOAs, biometrics, touches, etc etc etc, and the like, without clogging up the main forum with such. The problem is when you start freaking out over timelines etc, or become so insulated from what's going on outside of your little monthly thread that you think a few days/weeks etc either way is a serious problem, or in any way different from what a ton of other people are going through, or what they HAVE been through, and could tell you about if they were there to do so...

I did think a while back that the 'monthly' threads were pointless (and got by perfectly well without 'em at the I-129F stage), but do think now that they're a good way to post those minute-by-minute updates on what is (or isn't) going on in your case without bogging down the forum itself, or driving everyone else insane with speculation on stuff that there's little point speculating on....

... but yeah, I do think (and this is JUST my irrelevant opinion) that there's a limit to how many 'people who had their biometrics on the last Thursday in February and whose birthday falls in a month with 30 days in it' (sorry) threads are really needed... and even though I can see the place for the monthly threads (and participate with many an inane and pointless post in 'mine'), I agree with what you've said before (at least, I think it was you) that it creates divisiveness where there was none previously... people being unaware that their personal situation is not in any way unusual just being one example of how that happens!

Um... just my several cents' worth... :blush:

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Both very valid points RJ and Feather. I think that the initial monthly filer threads can be beneficial in many ways. But these additional threads are rather pointless and all they do is make the people left behind feel a little miffed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Any update anyone? Mine is still nothing.....

:blink:

K1

Mar-28-06 : NOA1

Jun-16-06 : Transfered from NSC to CSC

Aug-7-06 : Received/Sent back RFE

Aug-18-06 : Approved ..Yeahhhhhhh Finally

Aug-25-06 : Received NOA2 in mail

Sep-8-06 : BNK Case assign & left NVC

Oct-16-06 : Interviewed

Dec-21-06 : Entered the USA

Jan-05-07 : Married

AOS

Mar-07-07 : AOS sent to Chicago

Mar-14-07 : NOA 1-797C

Mar-23-07 : Received ASC Appointment letter ,on Apr-4 at 10.00 am

Apr-04-07 : Bio done

Apr-09-07 : Touch , case transfered to CSC

May-18-07: Case is pending at CSC

May-21-07: Touch

EAD

Nov-09-07 : Sent to Chicago

Nov-13-07 : NOA1

Dec-18-07 : Bio @St Paul on Dec-18 at 10.39 am

Dec-18-07 : EAD card order.. Yay!!!

Dec-27-07 : Received EAD card in mail & Apply for SSN number

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.