turbo2253

vaccinated

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

When do you think they will begin to allow Vaccinated US citizens, who are married to Vietnamese spouses, to travel to, and enter Vietnam?

Edited by turbo2253

married in Nanning 10/28/06 I-130 mailed 11/24/06 I-129F mailed 12/8/06

I-130 & I-129F both approved 3/1/07

I-824 sent 3/9/07 K-3 sent to GUZ 3/15/07

K-3 P-3 sent 5/30/07 P-3 ret'd 5/31/07 (P-3 rec'd by mail 6/7/07)

rec'd P-4 6/27/07 interview 8/8/07 (rec'd P-4 by mail 7/3/07)

Interview 8/8/07 "PINK" entered US 8/27/07

Rec'd approved I-824 & re-approved I-130 10/11/07

after 12.5 mo. DHS Ombudsman sends I-130 to NVC 10/30/08, and asks for case to be expedited

NVC rec'd 12/26/08, NVC to GUZ 1/5/09,

NVC sends email to GUZ requesting Expedite 1/9 or 1/14? DOS says "waiting for interview date" 2/9

INTERVIEW 4/28/2009 P-4 delivered to US in 6 days via FedEx 3/26/2009

4/28/2009 INTERVIEW PINK ! ! ! !

VISA PICK-UP 4/30/2009 9:50 AM

Enter IR-1 POE Chicago "ORD", SS Card 6/27/09, welcome letter 7/2/09

10 YEAR GREEN CARD 7/6/2009

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

When a large number of Vietnamese have been vaccinated.

Being vaccinated means you have a low chance of getting COVID since vaccines are 95% effective and a low chance of being seriously sick.  This means you could have the virus and pass it on to others.  Until Vietnam can protect its citizens from the virus, vaccinated people still present a danger of transmitting the virus.  

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Here is a translation of the last statement from Vietnam Ministry of Health.  Translation is from a trusted Vietnamese US citizen.  Given the information below, and purely my speculation, with a good chunk of Vietnamese immunized by end of 2021 and if you can prove you are vaccinated I think the soonest Vietnam will open to tourists will be the end of the year 2021.  It COULD be as soon as September or October, but I really doubt it.

Think about their current level of paranoia.  Two cases of community spread gets all schools closed for two weeks.  All public TET festivals in HCMC were cancelled.  A lot of businesses closed.  There are currently 125,000 people in quarantine.  Does that sound like a government that will open their borders to even a slight risk merely for our convenience?  They honestly don't care about opening the border.

At the Standing meeting of the government with the Standing National Steering Committee for COVID-19 epidemic control this morning (Feb 24), Prof. Dr. Nguyen Thanh Long, Minister of Health, said that the MofH guarantees to provide 90M doses of the vaccine.

The current supply sources are:

1- COVAX:  The MoH is trying to negotiate for 30M doses.

2- AstraZeneca:  Yesterday, the MoH had the final negotiation with AstraZeneca and VNVC (Vietnam Vaccine JSC).  A lot of 30M doses was purchased by the Health Ministry from AstraZeneca through VNVC.

3- Pfizer: Negotiation is still in progress. It's likely that Pfizer will supply 30M doses.

4- Sputnik V. This week, the MoH will meet the licensing committee for the Russian vaccine. The manufacturer announced that they could supply ~ 60M doses.

[That's a total of 120M, not 90M.  Either the Sputnik V deal is not in the bag yet so the MoH didn't include it in his count, or he only counted AstraZeneca and Sputnik V since COVAX and Pfizer are still under negotiation.]

In addition, the MoH and corporations that are not in the health sector are also promoting negotiations with other vaccine manufacturers. 

For domestic vaccine, Minister Nguyen Thanh Long informed that all stages are still on schedule, "It's expected that by 2022, we'll be able to produce the vaccine ourselves."

Priority groups for injection are medical staff; staff involved in epidemic prevention (steering committees at all levels; staff in the isolation ward; journalists, etc.); diplomats; customs officers; immigration officers; army; police force; teachers; elderlies over 65; groups providing essential services in the fields of aviation, transportation, tourism, electricity and water services, etc.; people with chronic diseases; people in epidemic areas; people who must travel for business; and people who must go abroad for work or education.

In re: the vaccine supply roadmap: 

In the 1st quarter, 1.3M doses are expected, of which 117,000 doses have arrived today (Feb 24), the rest will arrive in March.

In the 2nd quarter, 9.5M doses are expected.

In the 3rd, 25.9M doses are expected.

In the 4th quarter, 51.1M doses are expected.

The Minister also informed that the 117,000 doses that arrived today were from AstraZeneca and will be administered to medical staff at COVID-19 patient treatment facilities, followed by border guards on duty at posts, police forces in isolated and blocked areas, sampling and tracing forces, and reporters operating in the epidemic areas. 

(Link: MoH. Translation and italics are mine.)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.