angeljolie

Petitioner moved but currently a nomad

5 posts in this topic

I’ll try to make this as least complicated as possible. As a background, there are 4 addresses indicated in different forms since we started this journey. Our cases (CR1 and two CR2) are currently at the US embassy. 
—————

Physical addresses:

Address 1 (Philippines): where petitioner and beneficiaries lived before petitioner moved back to the US

Address 2 (Philippines): where beneficiaries lived prior to CR1’s marriage with the petitioner

Address 3 (USA): Petitioner’s parents’ address

Mailing address:

Address 4 (USA): Petitioner’s mailing address

—————

At the time of filing the I-130 up to being DQd, my USC husband (petitioner), our kids, and myself (beneficiaries) lived in Address 1. My husband moved back to the US after we got DQd. As he doesn’t own a house in the US, he currently lives in a hotel and will move into an Airbnb while waiting for our furniture (we shipped all our goods from the Philippines; ETA in the US is end of March). After which, he will either buy or rent a house for the 4 of us. Meanwhile, the kids and I moved back to Address 2 while waiting for our interview. 

In all our forms (I-130, old I-864, and DS-260), we wrote Address 1 as our (petitioner and beneficiaries) physical address and Address 4 as petitioner’s mailing address. Address 3 was indicated in I-130 and DS-260 as the address where the beneficiaries intend to live in the US when we get there. 

My husband just filled out a new I-864 to reflect his new job and wrote Address 3 as his physical address. 

1. Should he notify USCIS, NVC, or the embassy to reflect his parents’ address as his new physical address even though he’s moving into a new one in about a month?

2. Should we edit our DS-260 to reflect that we moved to my old address or just wait till the interview?

TIA. 

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, angeljolie said:

I’ll try to make this as least complicated as possible. As a background, there are 4 addresses indicated in different forms since we started this journey. Our cases (CR1 and two CR2) are currently at the US embassy. 
—————

Physical addresses:

Address 1 (Philippines): where petitioner and beneficiaries lived before petitioner moved back to the US

Address 2 (Philippines): where beneficiaries lived prior to CR1’s marriage with the petitioner

Address 3 (USA): Petitioner’s parents’ address

Mailing address:

Address 4 (USA): Petitioner’s mailing address

—————

At the time of filing the I-130 up to being DQd, my USC husband (petitioner), our kids, and myself (beneficiaries) lived in Address 1. My husband moved back to the US after we got DQd. As he doesn’t own a house in the US, he currently lives in a hotel and will move into an Airbnb while waiting for our furniture (we shipped all our goods from the Philippines; ETA in the US is end of March). After which, he will either buy or rent a house for the 4 of us. Meanwhile, the kids and I moved back to Address 2 while waiting for our interview. 

In all our forms (I-130, old I-864, and DS-260), we wrote Address 1 as our (petitioner and beneficiaries) physical address and Address 4 as petitioner’s mailing address. Address 3 was indicated in I-130 and DS-260 as the address where the beneficiaries intend to live in the US when we get there. 

My husband just filled out a new I-864 to reflect his new job and wrote Address 3 as his physical address. 

1. Should he notify USCIS, NVC, or the embassy to reflect his parents’ address as his new physical address even though he’s moving into a new one in about a month?

2. Should we edit our DS-260 to reflect that we moved to my old address or just wait till the interview?

TIA. 

1.  Wait 

2.  Interview 

YMMV

24 minutes ago, payxibka said:

1.  Wait 

2.  Interview 

Thank you. After he moves to a permanent address, who should he notify? 

I-130                                                                                   

I-751

N-400             

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, angeljolie said:

Thank you. After he moves to a permanent address, who should he notify? 

Form i865 

YMMV

46 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Form i865 

Thanks so much! 

I-130                                                                                   

I-751

N-400             

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.