6 posts in this topic

Still reading lots about medicals and skin tests so thought i'd share what Ive figured out after having the "lost medical, RFE" and " lack of skin test for TB " RFE. ( My civil surgeon completed an I-693 based on my results from OZ, and ticked the chest x-ray box only)

A skin test for TB is a requirement for Medical examinations in the USA. This would normally be a part of the medical on those adjusting staus from within the USA. The confusion starts when people have had the medical in their home country.

If your medical handed over at the point of entry is lost (as mine was) and you supply a new medical based on results faxed from home (still within the one year limit) make sure you have the civil surgeon do a skin test.

without it, the second RFE arrives as the USCIS is not concerned with what happened to your first medical which would have been on DHS forms and based on a chest X-ray. What they see is an I-693 completed in the USA with a box left unchecked. Therefore, incomplete, therefore ANOTHER Rfe!!!

If you can get an infopass appointment that finds your original medical, great. If not, make sure you get that skin test. My card production was ordered one week after the notice of receiving this second RFE.

goodluck!

April 14 - sent I-129F to Vermont

April 25 - NOA1

May, June, July lost to IMBRA and RFE's

Aug 22 - NOA2

Sept 25 - interview date OCTOBER 13th

Oct 26 - arrived at JFK - work authorized

Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hi lisaf,

You said "My civil surgeon completed an I-693 based on my results from OZ, and tickted the chest x-ray box only" I'm looking at my husband's form right now - Supplemental Form to I-693 (just the transfer of the vaccinations) is the form that you are refering to? or the I-693 full medical?

thanks

I'm in the exact same situation as you were. I went for my infopass on Wednesday and after phoning around, they couldn't help me. My medical is lost. I have my mom in South Africa phoning the doctor that did my original medical to get all my results faxed through to me. He was closed early today, so she is gonna phone on Monday.

What I just want to go over with you, to get things cleared up in my head, is get my results from SA, take them to the civil surgeon here, have him fill out all the proper medical forms for the I-693 and because I only had the x-ray done in SA, get him to give me a TB skin test?

Have I got it all right?

I have to phone my congressman on Monday, and will have him see if they can find my lost medical by thursday morning. If they can't and it is truely lost somewhere, have the medical done.

I just love the fact that this needs to be at our own expense when they are the ones that have duffed up.

Anyways, congrats on getting your greencard. Hopefully once I get this all sorted out, mine will be issued quickly.

quote name='lisaf' date='Jun 29 2007, 07:44 PM' post='1019057']

Still reading lots about medicals and skin tests so thought i'd share what Ive figured out after having the "lost medical, RFE" and " lack of skin test for TB " RFE. ( My civil surgeon completed an I-693 based on my results from OZ, and ticked the chest x-ray box only)

A skin test for TB is a requirement for Medical examinations in the USA. This would normally be a part of the medical on those adjusting staus from within the USA. The confusion starts when people have had the medical in their home country.

If your medical handed over at the point of entry is lost (as mine was) and you supply a new medical based on results faxed from home (still within the one year limit) make sure you have the civil surgeon do a skin test.

without it, the second RFE arrives as the USCIS is not concerned with what happened to your first medical which would have been on DHS forms and based on a chest X-ray. What they see is an I-693 completed in the USA with a box left unchecked. Therefore, incomplete, therefore ANOTHER Rfe!!!

If you can get an infopass appointment that finds your original medical, great. If not, make sure you get that skin test. My card production was ordered one week after the notice of receiving this second RFE.

goodluck!

Edited by little4ele

04/28/09 Mailed I-751

05/23/09 Package returned - wrong info on check

05/24/09 Resent Pakage with "NEW" check

05/28/09 Package Rcvd

06/02/09 Check cashed

05/29/09 NOA 1

06/04/09 NOA 1 rcvd in mail

06/19/09 Rcvd Biometrics App, dated 06/16/09

07/06/09 Biometrics Appointment in Latham, NY

07/07/09 Able to access my app online. Touch

09/16/09 Received APPROVED letter in the mail - no update online

APPROVED 09/11/09 EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/24/09 Email received with Approval information.

Come on Green Card!!

10/05/09 Green Card Arrives

I'm in the exact same situation as you were. I went for my infopass on Wednesday and after phoning around, they couldn't help me. My medical is lost. I have my mom in South Africa phoning the doctor that did my original medical to get all my results faxed through to me. He was closed early today, so she is gonna phone on Monday.

What I just want to go over with you, to get things cleared up in my head, is get my results from SA, take them to the civil surgeon here, have him fill out all the proper medical forms for the I-693 and because I only had the x-ray done in SA, get him to give me a TB skin test?

Have I got it all right?

Thats right... I had

1. the negative result for HIV

2. Negative result for syphillis

3. clear chest x-ray report from the doc who examined me (I took my original x-ray but wasnt required)

4. all results from titre tests showing immunity to required vaccines

5 all evidence of vaccinations ( I'd only needed Tetnus and dip)

took it all to the US civil Surgeon. As the results were less than one year old , she completed the I-693 based on these results ( its only one sheet of paper) and added a I 693 a ( vaccination supplement ) and put it all in a sealed envelope.

BUT when I went she didnt do a skin test as there is really no need, But this is now a moot point. As you said get your CS to do one when you submit your results. Bummer as it means you'll have to wait 3 days so they can wait for a reaction and go back. Hopefully they'll have your stuff ready for you to sign then they can seal it.

it'll go fine after that. :)

April 25 - NOA1

Aug 22 - NOA2

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

Hi lisaf,

You said "My civil surgeon completed an I-693 based on my results from OZ, and tickted the chest x-ray box only" I'm looking at my husband's form right now - Supplemental Form to I-693 (just the transfer of the vaccinations) is the form that you are refering to? or the I-693 full medical?

thanks

Hi Cshell, mine was for the full medical, you wont need that unless your husbands is lost and they request you to provide another one. Your AOS application only requires the vaccination supplement.

April 25 - NOA1

Aug 22 - NOA2

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Mar 10 - Biometrics

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys,

I am about to file our paperwork and here is the story with my fiancee. She done her TB test in Manila and they had her complete at Hawaii and now Phoenix where we are living. She comes up positive since she had at one time or another but is not active. She now has a TB card so no one will have to give her another shot from Health dept.

We have the supplemental form for vaccination and that card for TB.

Is this all we should include in the package? 693A, copy of TB card, and her shot records from Manila and military.

Thanks

DJ + Cecile

Love timeline

May 04 - Meet in Korea

Jan 05 - Become best friends

May 05 - Left Korea for Hawaii

Jun 05 - Visited Korea and my baby for week, became more then friends

July 05 - She left Korea for PI

Nov 05 - Visited my baby in Manila and Baguio

July 06 - Visted 2nd time for 3 weeks in Cebu

July 17, 2006 - Asked her to marry me, I WILL she said, YEAH!

18 Mar-2 Apr, 07 - PI trip for third time (vacation,vacation)

2 Apr 07- Back from PI trip

Petition Info

19 Dec, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to CSC

21 Dec, 2006 - Recieved by CSC

25 Dec, 2006 - Recieved NOA1 in Mail

25 Dec 2006 - Touched

Jan 2007 - Found VJ thx God

08 Mar, 2007 - Touched by CSC (come on approval)

09 mar, 2007 - Touched again!

14 Mar, 2007 - Recieved NOA2 in mail , approved 9 Mar 07 (no email sent)

19 Mar 2007 - Case recvd at NVC

28 Mar 2007 - Case recvd at Us Embassy Manila

09 Apr 2007 - Faxed early appointment request (military movement orders as reason)

14 Apr 2007 - Recd DHL with packet with interview/medical appts (early request approved)

26 Apr 2007 - Medical appt

03 May 2007 - Interview DONE! Approved! Waiting Delbros

09 May 2007 - Recvd Visa from Delbros

10 May 2007 - Flight to Honolulu via Guam on Continental

10 May 2007 - Fiancee arrived in Honolulu

15 May 2007 - Married on Koolina Beach

Great website!

Thanks

DJ + MG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.