eirinlinn

First time having trouble with USPS...

105 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
5 minutes ago, eirinlinn said:

Yay! Congratulations I hope it gets delivered soon!! 

thank you, did you get any new notifications?? yesterday I contacted the customer support and today they did a first contact today earlier in the morning...

Our Journey:

Feb 18th, 2021: Package sent, including: I-130 + I-130A, I-485 + I944 + I-693 + I-864, I-765) and I-131 through USPS

Feb 24th, 2021: USCIS received the package

Apr 5th, 2021: Package rejected, received back (Payment issue)

Apr 6th, 2021: Resent Package through USPS

Apr 7th, 2021: USCIS received the package @ Chicago Lockbox

May 21st, 2021: Checks cashed

May 23rd, 2021: Received the Text Messages with receipt number 

July 2nd, 2021: I-693 Deficiency Notice Received

July 8th, 2021: Expedite Request Received

July 16th, 2021: Received Fingerprint Appointment Letter

August 6th, 2021: Fingerprints Taken

August 9th, 2021: Changed of Address request AR-11online (Beneficiary) and filed I-865 Address Change of my husband (Sponsor)

August 13th, 2021: Confirmation mail: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

November 17th, 2021: EAD Delivered

March 15th, 2022: Interview Scheduled

April 21th, 2022: Interview / New Card Being Produced

April 22th, 2022: Case Was Approved

Timeline
1 minute ago, BMagic said:

I have sent mine Feb 10th, Feb 11th it was in Chicago, no update on tracking since Feb 15th. Says in transit. Called everywhere possible - no help. Hope it all together somewhere and not lost.

Please Keep updated if can.

OH WOW, so it arrived Chicago but hasn't been delivered yet? I think in this topic there was someone saying that it never showed as delivered, but it was actually delivered, and they noticed because they were charged by USCIS and the e-notification was sent by them too, so maybe checking your CC balance could show more news or updates?

Our Journey:

Feb 18th, 2021: Package sent, including: I-130 + I-130A, I-485 + I944 + I-693 + I-864, I-765) and I-131 through USPS

August 9th, 2021: Changed of Address request AR-11online (Beneficiary) and filed I-865 Address Change of my husband (Sponsor)

August 13th, 2021: Confirmation mail: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

8 minutes ago, alv&josh said:

OH WOW, so it arrived Chicago but hasn't been delivered yet? I think in this topic there was someone saying that it never showed as delivered, but it was actually delivered, and they noticed because they were charged by USCIS and the e-notification was sent by them too, so maybe checking your CC balance could show more news or updates?

I am checking my account, i did attached e-notification form, no news. That's why I am worried. USPS clerks say they have 1 week delay in Chicago, but it has been 2 weeks. I am having nightmares now🤯

33 minutes ago, BMagic said:

I am checking my account, i did attached e-notification form, no news. That's why I am worried. USPS clerks say they have 1 week delay in Chicago, but it has been 2 weeks. I am having nightmares now🤯

Yeah we are going through a similar thing. We sent our package a day after yours (the 11th) it got scanned at the 84198 center in Salt Lake City and there has been no movement since the 15th. 
It’s pretty unnerving. I will update as soon as I hear anything. I’m trying to relax because we know we did everything we could. If it doesn’t get there in another week or two we will definitely start putting together a new package and sending it overnight ups with a cover letter explaining the predicament with a copy of the receipt from usps. 

Also when we inquired with uscis they weren’t of much help concerning the lack of arrival from the usps but just stated that when they DO get it it can take up to 90 days to even be scanned into the system 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, BMagic said:

Everyday I've been reading articles and omg the situation of usps, besides winter storms, are concerning. I have dreamt everynight about it, waking up I get a notification.

10 minutes ago, eirinlinn said:

Yeah we are going through a similar thing. We sent our package a day after yours (the 11th) it got scanned at the 84198 center in Salt Lake City and there has been no movement since the 15th. 
It’s pretty unnerving. I will update as soon as I hear anything. I’m trying to relax because we know we did everything we could. If it doesn’t get there in another week or two we will definitely start putting together a new package and sending it overnight ups with a cover letter explaining the predicament with a copy of the receipt from usps. 

Also when we inquired with uscis they weren’t of much help concerning the lack of arrival from the usps but just stated that when they DO get it it can take up to 90 days to even be scanned into the system 

I would just give it this week and start a new package just in case this weekend. (besides the passport that are the easier to get). and have it ready just in case, but I hope it arrives soon.

WE FINALLY GOT OUR PACKAGE DELIVERED!!!! I can't believe it...  Well, my notifications were: arrived to the distribution center of my city and the next one was arrived to chicago intl distribution center, and then post office. Honestly, I was about to go to get more marriage certificates, now I'm going to USPS to get my money back.

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 12.49.35 PM.png

Our Journey:

Just now, BMagic said:

Reading news about USPS in Chicago, they are going thru major issues for long time. I regret I didn't read it before.

Mine is not even in Chicago yet or at least hasn’t been scanned 🙃 oh boy even if the package arrives in Chicago I’ll be happy. Any movement at all will make me happy haha 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, eirinlinn said:

Mine is not even in Chicago yet or at least hasn’t been scanned 🙃 oh boy even if the package arrives in Chicago I’ll be happy. Any movement at all will make me happy haha 

yes, maybe they will let you know when it arrives in Chicago, I was never notified when it left my city's facility. Did you see if the form fees were cashed?

Our Journey:

1 minute ago, alv&josh said:

yes, maybe they will let you know when it arrives in Chicago, I was never notified when it left my city's facility. Did you see if the form fees were cashed?

It never said “departed” on my tracking either. It just arrived to the 84198 SLC facility and immediately went to “in transit, arriving late” with no word ever since.

I have been periodically checking my account to see if the check has been cashed but unfortunately no 😢

Timeline
2 hours ago, eirinlinn said:

It never said “departed” on my tracking either. It just arrived to the 84198 SLC facility and immediately went to “in transit, arriving late” with no word ever since.

I have been periodically checking my account to see if the check has been cashed but unfortunately no 😢

I hope you get an update very soon!! Keep us posted 🙂 

Our Journey:

Timeline
20 minutes ago, BMagic said:

Got email from USPS that my mail is delivered to po box without scan. now what to expect? 🤷‍♀️

how come, did you ask for signature delivery?

Our Journey:

22 minutes ago, BMagic said:

Got email from USPS that my mail is delivered to po box without scan. now what to expect? 🤷‍♀️

That's a good sign! We didn't do signature on delivery and I'm sort of wondering if we should have. Hopefully everything turns out. Still; if only this package would just move! 

2 minutes ago, alv&josh said:

how come, did you ask for signature delivery?

No, I have been contacting usps and they created a case for missing package. So it is their reply for my inquiry.

The problem is they said it was delivered back on 12th, if uscis got it then, how come there is no notification or cash out from my bank? Now I am even more worried 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.