5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I am overjoyed to say our IR-1 application was accepted yesterday! Such a sweet gift for Valentines day! 

We filed online in August and received no RFE what so ever. I was quite surprised actually because we had

little evidence to submit since we've never lived together yet. Also only had our civil marriage document and 

not one from the National Archives. Anyway, who can offer some advice for the NVC stage? Does my Husband 

have to fill out the online application alone or will I be allowed to help him since his English isn't too good? Any 

thing to be careful of with the Afidavit, I am unemployed but filed taxes last year as a subcontractor of my parent's 

business with a grand total earnings of $1,700. My dad is willing to be a joint sponsor I also have a good friend

and donor to my mission endeavors who would be as well, the more the better? 

Thank You Everyone! (:

6 hours ago, MadamEspazien said:

I am overjoyed to say our IR-1 application was accepted yesterday! Such a sweet gift for Valentines day! 

We filed online in August and received no RFE what so ever. I was quite surprised actually because we had

little evidence to submit since we've never lived together yet. Also only had our civil marriage document and 

not one from the National Archives. Anyway, who can offer some advice for the NVC stage? Does my Husband 

have to fill out the online application alone or will I be allowed to help him since his English isn't too good? Any 

thing to be careful of with the Afidavit, I am unemployed but filed taxes last year as a subcontractor of my parent's 

business with a grand total earnings of $1,700. My dad is willing to be a joint sponsor I also have a good friend

Thank You Everyone! (:

Wow congratulations of your faster approval I'm still waiting in mine.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/15/2021 at 3:54 PM, MadamEspazien said:

Thank You Everyone! 🙂

you will need all originals so if you don't have the national archive for marriage you will need it and i would start on getting that now. on the website they ask for all originals during the interview. you can do everything when it ask who helped just put your name and information. as for the taxes you would need to still file the 864 form and the family requirements will be going up next month it goes up every march. you can get a better understanding looking at the nvc stages on travel.state.gov

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just got all his online forms submitted and paid for. The police certificate was a bit of a hassel. But we found someone to do it for us same day in our town so we didn't have to go to PAP, huge plus! Now the wait for them to review it. Any idea how long that could take?? Has anyone gotten an interview schedualed this year for IR-1, about how far out was it schedual for?? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.