almaty

"YOU ARE THE AMERICA WE LOVE"

10 posts in this topic

June 28, 2007

PARIS --Barbra Streisand performed her first-ever concert in France this week -- and was rewarded with a medal of the Legion of Honor.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy awarded the medal to Streisand in a ceremony Thursday, the first time he has bestowed the honor since taking over from Jacques Chirac last month.

"You are the America that we love," said Sarkozy, who is seen as more U.S.-friendly than Chirac. "Women like you ... do a lot to bring our two peoples together."

Onlookers included French crooner Charles Aznavour and actor Alain Delon.

Sarkozy's wife, Cecilia, went to Streisand's sole concert in France, at Paris' Bercy stadium Tuesday.

Streisand told Sarkozy, a conservative, that he reminded her of former U.S. Presidents Kennedy and Clinton, "who appreciated art and recognized the importance of the arts in the world."

"I am deeply honored to be joining the playwrights, heads of state, artists and leaders who have accepted this honor before me," Streisand, 65, said in a statement. "I leave with a sense of inspiration and responsibility as an artist to always reflect the truth and as a citizen to try and create a world of justice, compassion, equality and peace - one with a little more music and a little more joy."

Created by Napoleon Bonaparte in the early 19th century, the Legion of Honor is France's elite national merit society. Although foreigners cannot be officially inducted into the Legion, they are routinely made honorary recipients.

Recent honorees include Jerry Lewis, Valentino and Norman Mailer

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

the french love barbara.....she seems to have a flair for taking a shot at bush....

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

they like jerry lewis too...

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Jerry Lewis is a class act.

Oh come on, Gary...you don't like Babs as a singer because of her political views? She's one helluva singer and a good actress no matter what her politics are.

Jerry Lewis is a class act.

Oh come on, Gary...you don't like Babs as a singer because of her political views? She's one helluva singer and a good actress no matter what her politics are.

No, I don't like her singing or her acting. The fact that she is a b!tch is just iceing on the cake.

I like plenty of actors despite their political views. If I let that get in the way I would never watch movies. George Cloonie (sp?) is one of my favorites.

Edited by Iniibig ko si Luz forever