tpeiyn

Ciudad Juarez Interviews taking two days???

11 posts in this topic

My husband's IR-1 interview is scheduled for February 18th. We are ironing out the final details, but I'm a little worried about a post I found on a Facebook group.

The post stated that the interviews are currently taking two days: one afternoon appointment to review documents, then a morning appointment for the actual interview.

He plans to wait on his visa at home with his family, so we might need to adjust our flight back to CDMX. Can anyone with a recent appointment confirm or deny the 2 day process??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thats how the consulate is functioning now. It's specified on the website under the Feb update.

Beginning in February, all applicants will also have two separate appearances at the Consulate spread over 1-2 business days.  These measures are to ensure the safety of visitors to the Consulate by maintaining strict social distancing, while also allowing for increased appointment capacity.  It is not possible to adjust or accelerate this process to accommodate travel plans.

https://mx.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/ciudad-juarez/visas-2/visaprocessing2021/

Edited by Juliet57

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 2:22 PM, Juliet57 said:

Thats how the consulate is functioning now. It's specified on the website under the Feb update.

Beginning in February, all applicants will also have two separate appearances at the Consulate spread over 1-2 business days.  These measures are to ensure the safety of visitors to the Consulate by maintaining strict social distancing, while also allowing for increased appointment capacity.  It is not possible to adjust or accelerate this process to accommodate travel plans.

https://mx.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/ciudad-juarez/visas-2/visaprocessing2021/

I'm glad I'm seeing this now - I've never heard this and our interview is on Thursday. 

We only received one appointment though - I'm not sure if this applies to us. Calling ASC now. 

24 minutes ago, MexicoExpat said:

I'm glad I'm seeing this now - I've never heard this and our interview is on Thursday. 

We only received one appointment though - I'm not sure if this applies to us. Calling ASC now. 

I just called ASC and they fully solidified their status as the least helpful people to contact when you need some information. I've literally never once called in there and gotten an answer besides "We don't have any information about that". 

They told me that we won't have 2 interviews, but they are basing that solely off of the fact that the consulate has not told them anything about it yet. Notbecause they are sure that we don't, but because no one has told them about it. 

Our interview is scheduled for 7AM though, so it might be true as our 7AM appointment doesn't seem to line up with the info above that there will be an afternoon appointment to review documents and a morning appointment the next day for the interview. 

I'll report back once we actually go there and do everything. We were assigned this interview in December 2020, so it's also possible that ours was schedueld before this new rule came into effect. 

Sorry I haven't been back to update! We had a crazy trip to Juarez as our flight was cancelled and we had to drive from CDMX. His first appointment was at 1:30 on Thursday where they asked for his civil documents. He went back on Friday at 8 am for his actual interview and had to give them our taxes and a few more items.

From what I understand, if your interview is scheduled in the morning, you will most likely return that afternoon for the second half.

Timeline
52 minutes ago, tpeiyn said:

Sorry I haven't been back to update! We had a crazy trip to Juarez as our flight was cancelled and we had to drive from CDMX. His first appointment was at 1:30 on Thursday where they asked for his civil documents. He went back on Friday at 8 am for his actual interview and had to give them our taxes and a few more items.

From what I understand, if your interview is scheduled in the morning, you will most likely return that afternoon for the second half.

what's your timeline? Hope it all turned out fine

58 minutes ago, MexicoExpat said:

I just called ASC and they fully solidified their status as the least helpful people to contact when you need some information. I've literally never once called in there and gotten an answer besides "We don't have any information about that". 

They told me that we won't have 2 interviews, but they are basing that solely off of the fact that the consulate has not told them anything about it yet. Notbecause they are sure that we don't, but because no one has told them about it. 

Our interview is scheduled for 7AM though, so it might be true as our 7AM appointment doesn't seem to line up with the info above that there will be an afternoon appointment to review documents and a morning appointment the next day for the interview. 

I'll report back once we actually go there and do everything. We were assigned this interview in December 2020, so it's also possible that ours was schedueld before this new rule came into effect. 

What tpeiyn said, you will most likely go at 7 am (interview time), deliver documents, then they'll tell you to come back at a certain hr after noon. Best of luck!

2 hours ago, Juliet57 said:

what's your timeline? Hope it all turned out fine

Everything was perfect! We are in Hidalgo with my in-laws now waiting for his passport. I don't have exact dates in front of me but we started the process early in 2018 with his pardon. His original appointment was in April of 2020, but it was canceled when the consulate closed.

Timeline
1 minute ago, tpeiyn said:

Everything was perfect! We are in Hidalgo with my in-laws now waiting for his passport. I don't have exact dates in front of me but we started the process early in 2018 with his pardon. His original appointment was in April of 2020, but it was canceled when the consulate closed.

thanks for sharing, happy to hear the good news, best of luck :)

Timeline

Congratulations.  Was your case expidited?  How were you notified of the February appointment? email? I'm asking b/c we also had an April 2020 appointment canceled but we haven't heard anything new yet.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.