Sha723

Interview time at Kingston Embassy

22 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 2/19/2021 at 5:37 PM, bbpingwing777 said:

I have been trying desperately to schedule a k1 interview since Jan. 26 and have seen zero appointments open up in the last 24 days. It's horrible. 

The embassy shut down for Feb due to COVID.  Keep looking though...

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

3 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

The embassy shut down for Feb due to COVID.  Keep looking though...

Omg, really? How did you find that out? 

Do you know if they will be reopening in March??

I emailed all the addresses associated with the embassy and got one response... they said "we continue to add limited K1 visa interview slots to the online portal, keep checking." but still there has been nothing. They did NOT mention that the embassy was closed for feb...

Thank you for the reply Pinkrlion! 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

There is a FB page where they come on weekly I believe on Weds to talk about immigration.  US Embassy Jamaica is the page.  They are still under COVID-19 restrictions so they are still limited in the number of interviews scheduled per day.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

On 2/25/2021 at 3:12 PM, Pinkrlion said:

There is a FB page where they come on weekly I believe on Weds to talk about immigration.  US Embassy Jamaica is the page.  They are still under COVID-19 restrictions so they are still limited in the number of interviews scheduled per day.  

Thanks for the info, I'll begin keeping an eye on that page. 

Great news though!!! We were finally able to schedule an interview today for March 15!!! I am so so happy. Fingers crossed everything works out. 

Do you know how long it (usually) takes to have everything completed and get the documents needed for travel after the k1 visa interview??

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 3/3/2021 at 6:22 PM, bbpingwing777 said:

Thanks for the info, I'll begin keeping an eye on that page. 

Great news though!!! We were finally able to schedule an interview today for March 15!!! I am so so happy. Fingers crossed everything works out. 

Do you know how long it (usually) takes to have everything completed and get the documents needed for travel after the k1 visa interview??

I received the pg 3 package and when I go in to schedule it says my case number not ready to schedule. Is this what happened to you ? If so how did you fix it ?

43 minutes ago, Ms. Clarke said:

Yes , I-129F

Oh I see. The I-129F is the petition for the visa. Has the petition been approved? That’s the part that takes the longest. You can check online as to whether it’s been approved or is still processing. Once it’s approved the USCIS sends it to the Department of State/ National Visa Center (NVC), and then they take about a month to process it and send you a Notice of Approval (NOA) form I-797 in the mail and once you receive that you should be able to schedule your interview at the Consolate. Don’t forget they will have to take a medical exam before the interview and it includes a drug test for all things including THC and they’ll be denied if anything is found. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, bbpingwing777 said:

Oh I see. The I-129F is the petition for the visa. Has the petition been approved? That’s the part that takes the longest. You can check online as to whether it’s been approved or is still processing. Once it’s approved the USCIS sends it to the Department of State/ National Visa Center (NVC), and then they take about a month to process it and send you a Notice of Approval (NOA) form I-797 in the mail and once you receive that you should be able to schedule your interview at the Consolate. Don’t forget they will have to take a medical exam before the interview and it includes a drug test for all things including THC and they’ll be denied if anything is found. 

He petition had been approved in January! I have my 797, they are blocking my case number when I try to schedule on ais website 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.