flicks1998

A few urgent questions related to new passport data/CFO

4 posts in this topic

In another thread I had mentioned that we had our passport stolen on a bus after the K1 interview.  Our original plan was to go to the US on January 15th but because of this situation this has been delayed.  I have extended my stay in Manila until Feb 19th to help facilitate getting this new visa/passport/CFO certificate asap.  The visa expire date is February 22nd so there is not much time.  I wrote to USEM last week with a summary of our situation, an expected timeline etc and surprisingly they responded within 12 hours and told me that they will need the new passport.  However they did not answer my questions in the email.  

We are currently having the new passport sent via Victoryliner from Tuguegarao as its the fastest way to get it to Manila (VL does not take passports but we have made it look like documents) as we need this passport overnight. 

I have two questions if someone with previous experience can help answer:

1) I asked the Embassy about a new DS-160 for the new passport number, details etc.  From research, it appears I cannot update this and that the Embassy would have to update this in their system.  Is this correct?  When I go to our DS-160 its impossible for me to edit it now as its already been submitted a long time ago.

2) For those that have done the CFO during the pandemic, how long did it take to receive the certificate from the date you sent the documents to them.  We have already done the CFO by phone, sent all the documents via email, but will have to send a copy of the new passport and visa to them.  From the point on sending, how many days did it take to receive the documents you needed?  

Thank you.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

2) For those that have done the CFO during the pandemic, how long did it take to receive the certificate from the date you sent the documents to them.  We have already done the CFO by phone, sent all the documents via email, but will have to send a copy of the new passport and visa to them.  From the point on sending, how many days did it take to receive the documents you needed?  

Temporary CFO certificate was emailed the next day, the permanent was to be mailed. We were told to use this for leaving if the original has not arrived.

Hope you get new passport and documents soon. Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on our case dealing with the stolen passport.  Our new visa is ready to be picked up from 2Go and we will be doing this tomorrow.  We will then send a copy of the passport and visa to the CFO, in which they will send us the link to make payment and then we should receive our temp CFO certificate by Monday or Tuesday next week.  The visa will be expiring on Feb 22nd.  The timeline from the date we received the new Philippine passport:

Jan 19th - received new passport and immediately went to 2GO in Megamall and mailed this to the Embassy.

Jan 22 - had alot of miss calls on this morning.  No messages left.  We texted asking who it was and in the afternoon, another call came and it was USEM.  They were checking on if we could make it to the US before the visa expired as well confirming our change of address to pick up and not as delivery.  We confirmed we could make it to the US.

Jan 29 - CEAC site changed to Issued

Feb 4 - received text message that passport was ready to pick up at the 2GO site.

Feb 5 - will pick this up and will email visa copy to CFO, receive payment link, then hopefully get temp certificate by Feb 8 or 9.  

The embassy has been quite responsive to my emails I sent them on Jan 14 and 18 giving them a heads up on the new passport coming.  We are still not in the clear as I want the temp CFO certificate before I feel I can relax a little bit, but this should be a formality as we have already done the phone call with them.  

We will be only flying PAL despite the costs as there can be no delays.  ANA has cancelled their last few flights from Japan to Chicago, however it appears Korean Air and Qatar are running without cancellations (as for now.) 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Great news for you guys. Happy to see things going good.

I thought I had a lot of issues... but you got me beat by a mile.

I was never fully relaxed until I saw both coming from immigration in the airport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.