joeblogs

Anybody else just to into a denial?

35 posts in this topic

I’m going to be denied and eligible for waiver under 30 grams of marijuana. DUI involving marijuana and no alcohol not actually a controlled substance conviction. Anyway I’m basically heading to the consulate to be denied so I can apply for the i601 anyone else been through this? 

Edited by joeblogs

30 minutes ago, joeblogs said:

I’m going to be denied and eligible for waiver under 30 grams of marijuana. DUI involving marijuana and no alcohol not actually a controlled substance conviction. Anyway I’m basically heading to the consulate to be denied so I can apply for the i601 anyone else been through this? 

Marijuana is still a federally controlled substance in the United States.

46 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Marijuana is still a federally controlled substance in the United States.

What I’m saying is that I’m heading to the consulate for my interview knowing I am going to be denied. I haven’t got posession or use charges. I have a DUI that the drug was cannabis but the charge is a general charge you could get for any dui I just by disclosing the truth am ruining my life. 

33 minutes ago, joeblogs said:

What I’m saying is that I’m heading to the consulate for my interview knowing I am going to be denied. I haven’t got posession or use charges. I have a DUI that the drug was cannabis but the charge is a general charge you could get for any dui I just by disclosing the truth am ruining my life. 

Well, your first post was confusing then, since you mentioned the 30g.

You have to disclose it, regardless of whether it 'ruins your life.'   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Have you passed the medical?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

They ask at the Medical about drugs etc, what did you say?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

32 minutes ago, Boiler said:

They ask at the Medical about drugs etc, what did you say?

I told them I had the dui for weed and she was like cool I better make you class b full remission so they don’t ban you but I’m still inadmissible on criminal grounds. I can’t find out anywhere where it says they “have” to find you inadmissibile everything uses the word “may” and “can” while the statute straight out says you are toast. 

Edited by joeblogs

Timeline
10 minutes ago, joeblogs said:

I told them I had the dui for weed and she was like cool I better make you class b full remission so they don’t ban you. 

So you have as positive a Doctor's report as you can get, now down to the CO.

Just now, Boiler said:

So you have as positive a Doctor's report as you can get, now down to the CO.

Do they have discretion to ignore the yes on the ds160 to drugs and the medical and court records. The only thing in my favour is my charge is “Drive Under the influence of alcohol or drugs” so i am not convicted of a controlled substance violation. Is discretion a thing?

Wouldn’t the CO get in trouble if they let me in? 

Timeline

With drugs they do not need a conviction, well booze as well from a medical perspective, so there is the criminal aspect and the medical aspect, sometimes they overlap.

Timeline

Up to the CO.

Timeline

Well DUI is not a CIMT so I see the issue as the Medical aspect.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.