CountryBoy

I know, I know .. but I did it anyways ..

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mylene and her daughter Ashley's interviews are July 9th and I bought her tickets to fly out on the 16th.

I purchased the tickets over the phone yesterday from Northwest Airlines, a filipina answered the phone and gave me some awesome discounts.

I know most people wouldn't advise doing this but I weighed my options and decided that if I purchased tickets 3 weeks before the flight that it would be ALOT cheaper than if I waited until 1 week (or less) before the flight. The tickets that I purchased can be cancelled (or changed) up until the time that the flight leaves Manila for a $100 penalty; I don't think there will be a problem, but it does give me a little peace of mind.

Tomorrow I am sending out some additional screen shots and other items / documents that Mylene requested for her interview .. I included with these documents a sim card to put in her phone when she gets to her POE and also a letter to the Consular Officer asking that he/she allow Mylene to pick up the Visas in person. The reasons I gave for purchasing the tickets was so that Mylene and Ashley could be here ON my birthday and so we can get married and I can adopt Ashley in time to file their AOS paperwork before the fee increases on July 30th.

Mylene will be using Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport for her POE. Does anyone have any experience with this POE that they care to share.

Thanks,

CB

Donnie and Sylvia

Good to see that you're an optimist! :)

Just a couple of comments. I think that trying to catch the July 30 cut-off for the fees is a bit too optimistic. Within two weeks of Mylene's and her daughter's arrival you have to:

a ) get married

b ) get a civil surgeon to issue the I693A (vaccination supplement) for Mylene and her daughter

c ) Have the certified marriage license/certificate on hand

All that on top of Mylene and her daughter trying to cope with jet lag. :)

BTW, you can file AOS for Mylene's daughter without you having to adopt her. She is already defined as "your child" by virtue of her being your stepchild. You can work on the adoption after the AOS has been filed.

Good luck! I hope everything will fall into place for you, Mylene and your new family. :)

Edited by eau_xplain

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

CB:

Don't worry!

We did the same thing only because we received a great deal and the re-booking fee was $25. So, we could not pass up on it. A friend of ours (on VJ) not only received a great deal but had a $0.00 re-booking fee with the carrier they used. It is a gamble, but life is all about how much risk is acceptable for you.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

NOTE: I am not posting as an advocate for purchasing plane tickets before the visa is approved.

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline

Thanks eau xplain and Sheriff .. I hope I did the right thing too, but even if I didn't it won't cost me too much .. :)

About the civil surgeon's vaccination supplement, are there any vaccinations that Ashley may have to take in a series once she is here (a week or a month apart, etc), and if so .. will it take an excess period of time to complete the series? this is my only worry about getting the AOS filed before the fee increase.

Thanks again guys,

CB

Donnie and Sylvia

About the civil surgeon's vaccination supplement, are there any vaccinations that Ashley may have to take in a series once she is here

That shouldn't be the case. Coming through Manila and St. Luke's, assuming she had all the vaccinations offered in the Phil., she should only need ONE shot.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I included with these documents a sim card to put in her phone when she gets to her POE

Mylene will be using Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport for her POE. Does anyone have any experience with this POE that they care to share.

She will have to wait until after she clears the POE as cell phone use while in the arrival facility is not allowed.

Luz used MSP so you might wish to start there...

YMMV

Timeline
I included with these documents a sim card to put in her phone when she gets to her POE

She will have to wait until after she clears the POE as cell phone use while in the arrival facility is not allowed.

Luz used MSP so you might wish to start there...

Hopefully Gary or Luz will read this thread and reply .. :thumbs:

Edited by CountryBoy

Donnie and Sylvia

Timeline
About the civil surgeon's vaccination supplement, are there any vaccinations that Ashley may have to take in a series once she is here

That shouldn't be the case. Coming through Manila and St. Luke's, assuming she had all the vaccinations offered in the Phil., she should only need ONE shot.

St. Lukes didn't give Ashley any immunizations because they could not be completed in time according to Mylene, they said it was no problem with her age of 5 she could do them in the US.

CB

Donnie and Sylvia

Timeline
Mylene and her daughter Ashley's interviews are July 9th and I bought her tickets to fly out on the 16th.

I purchased the tickets over the phone yesterday from Northwest Airlines, a filipina answered the phone and gave me some awesome discounts.

I know most people wouldn't advise doing this but I weighed my options and decided that if I purchased tickets 3 weeks before the flight that it would be ALOT cheaper than if I waited until 1 week (or less) before the flight. The tickets that I purchased can be cancelled (or changed) up until the time that the flight leaves Manila for a $100 penalty; I don't think there will be a problem, but it does give me a little peace of mind.

Tomorrow I am sending out some additional screen shots and other items / documents that Mylene requested for her interview .. I included with these documents a sim card to put in her phone when she gets to her POE and also a letter to the Consular Officer asking that he/she allow Mylene to pick up the Visas in person. The reasons I gave for purchasing the tickets was so that Mylene and Ashley could be here ON my birthday and so we can get married and I can adopt Ashley in time to file their AOS paperwork before the fee increases on July 30th.

Thanks,

CB

CountryBoy can you give me some more info about the sim card. I was not sure if the Phones there would function in the US. Girly uses a SMART sim now in her Sony Phone. Would be great if I could set her up as well.

Thanks and Good Luck to you both! :thumbs:

St. Luke's August 3rd

Manila Embassy August 10th!

APPROVED!

Woooooo Hoooooo!!!!!

Timusa.gifmissouri.gifphili.gifGirly

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just a couple of comments. I think that trying to catch the July 30 cut-off for the fees is a bit too optimistic. Within two weeks of Mylene's and her daughter's arrival you have to:

a ) get married

b ) get a civil surgeon to issue the I693A (vaccination supplement) for Mylene and her daughter

BTW, you can file AOS for Mylene's daughter without you having to adopt her. She is already defined as "your child" by virtue of her being your stepchild. You can work on the adoption after the AOS has been filed.

Good luck! I hope everything will fall into place for you, Mylene and your new family. :)

We did not have to have a vaccination supplement to file AOS.

The other two things on your list are doable in 2 weeks of you hurry. A lot of stress....but, doable.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Claudeth only needed a tetanus shot when she got here.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I came in through MSP and it was quick and painless, my husband was with me.

They had a line that said "new immigration" and we went there. It was only us and another couple, so we didn't have to wait at all. I wasn't asked any questions, the officer just openend the brown envelope, stamped some papers in there and my passport, told us we had 90 days to get married and sent us on the way.

Good luck!

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

Timeline

Thanks,

CB

CountryBoy can you give me some more info about the sim card. I was not sure if the Phones there would function in the US. Girly uses a SMART sim now in her Sony Phone. Would be great if I could set her up as well.

Thanks and Good Luck to you both! :thumbs:

The sim card that I sent Mylene is from my family plan thru AT&T (cingular) .. being from the philippines her cell phone should be unlocked by default since she uses smart/globe.

The cell phone that Girly uses needs to be compatable with your cell phone providers technology here (GSM, Quad Band, PCS, whatever) I know that verizon and cingular/AT&T sim cards should work in most phones from philippines that use smart/globe.

CB

I came in through MSP and it was quick and painless, my husband was with me.

They had a line that said "new immigration" and we went there. It was only us and another couple, so we didn't have to wait at all. I wasn't asked any questions, the officer just openend the brown envelope, stamped some papers in there and my passport, told us we had 90 days to get married and sent us on the way.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for these encouraging words .. :thumbs:

Donnie and Sylvia

Timeline

a ) get married

We did not have to have a vaccination supplement to file AOS.

The other two things on your list are doable in 2 weeks of you hurry. A lot of stress....but, doable.

Thanks for the positive response, I am all for saving money when you can .. :)

Claudeth only needed a tetanus shot when she got here.

I'm not so worried about Mylene as I am Ashley .. if she has to do anything as a series (a week apart or whatever) then we may have probs making the deadline.

Donnie and Sylvia

my husband sent me a SIM card then, but even if he registered my phone already (since its an open line) thru cingular it didnt somehow work and the cingular people said my sim was being corrupted or doing some unauthorized transactions in phil (which is stupid coz it never worked so how can i use it in such a way :wacko: ) so what i did was i just have my Globe line do the international roaming which is so painless. lol... could text when i have my layover in HK and could text when i arrived at the POE to my husband and to my mom back at home... good luck to all!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.