melusine10

N-400 January 2021

376 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey all, 

I received the new receipt notice in the mail today. All updates still the same. 

My estimated completion date did drop from October 2021 to June 2021. We all know that these “estimates” are ####### though. Lol

I-751

7/14/20 - Application mailed.

7/17/20 - Application received.

7/24/20 - Text notification received with a WAC number.
7/31/20 - 797 received. Printed on 7/26/20.

1/06/21 - Case transferred.

1/13/21 - Received transfer notice in mail.

1/21/21 - Biometrics applied.

1/26/21 - Received biometrics reuse notice in mail. 

2/11/21 - Called for an update on my case and was told file is in local office.

2/26/21 - Received interview notice. Printed on 2/22/21.

N-400 - Military Service Based

1/12/21 - Application submitted online; Application received.

1/13/21 - Received IOE electronic receipt notice via email; Biometrics walk-in; Case status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS."

1/19/21 - Received paper receipt notice in the mail.

1/22/21 - Received email from USCIS that a new receipt notice will be issued due to an error on the previous one.

1/26/21 - New receipt notice posted on my online account. 
2/01/21 - New receipt notice arrived in mail. 

2/19/21 - Case status changed to Interview scheduled.

2/22/21 - Interview notice posted on my online account.

2/26/21 - Received paper interview notice in mail.

3/16/21 - Biometrics Reuse notice posted online.

3/26/21 - Received biometrics reuse notice in mail. 

3/30/21 - N-400 approved; Same-day oath ceremony. 

Hey everyone,

My N-400 paper application was delivered to USCIS on 1/12/2021. I'm in the Newark, NJ zone. How long does it typically take to get a Notice of Action in the mail? I haven't received any text/email notification either, even though I filled out that form. Wondering when I should give them a call to see if anything is amiss.

My I751 was already approved in 11/20 and I have my permanent GC. N400 window opened on 12/8/2020.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Pres19 said:

Hey everyone,

My N-400 paper application was delivered to USCIS on 1/12/2021. I'm in the Newark, NJ zone. How long does it typically take to get a Notice of Action in the mail? I haven't received any text/email notification either, even though I filled out that form. Wondering when I should give them a call to see if anything is amiss.

My I751 was already approved in 11/20 and I have my permanent GC. N400 window opened on 12/8/2020.

Hey. What made you file on paper rather than online? Online is much easier and faster. 

I-751

1/13/21 - Received IOE electronic receipt notice via email; Biometrics walk-in; Case status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS."

1/22/21 - Received email from USCIS that a new receipt notice will be issued due to an error on the previous one.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Pres19 said:

Easier to send paperwork(past Divorce) via mail. Didn't want to take the risk of them saying scanned copies weren't certified court versions.

Ok. Thanks. Just curious. All the best. 

I-751

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, Pres19 said:

Easier to send paperwork(past Divorce) via mail. Didn't want to take the risk of them saying scanned copies weren't certified court versions.

You could still transfer your case from paper to online as soon as you get the receipt notice that seems to take roughly 10 days......

President Biden just signed an executive order (2/2/2021) to reduce the N-400 processing time. So in a few months, hopefully, we should see some positive effects on our estimated time of approvals.

Sec. 5.  Promoting Naturalization. 
     (a)  Improving the naturalization process.  The Secretary of State, the Attorney General, and the Secretary of Homeland Security shall, within 60 days of the date of this order, develop a plan describing any agency actions, in furtherance of the policy set forth in section 1 of this order, that they will take to:
(i)    eliminate barriers in and otherwise improve the existing naturalization process, including by conducting a comprehensive review of that process with particular emphasis on the N-400 application, fingerprinting, background and security checks, interviews, civics and English language tests, and the oath of allegiance;
(ii)   substantially reduce current naturalization processing times;

Timeline
7 minutes ago, FILA2019 said:

President Biden just signed an executive order (2/2/2021) to reduce the N-400 processing time. So in a few months, hopefully, we should see some positive effects on our estimated time of approvals.

(a)  Improving the naturalization process.  The Secretary of State, the Attorney General, and the Secretary of Homeland Security shall, within 60 days of the date of this order, develop a plan describing any agency actions, in furtherance of the policy set forth in section 1 of this order, that they will take to:
(i)    eliminate barriers in and otherwise improve the existing naturalization process, including by conducting a comprehensive review of that process with particular emphasis on the N-400 application, fingerprinting, background and security checks, interviews, civics and English language tests, and the oath of allegiance;

I hope this really will reduce the backlog and improve the overall processing time. Will this EO also address staffing issues?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, FILA2019 said:

Hopefully they don’t slow down from now to when they develop the plan. 

I-751

16 hours ago, sweetadams said:

I hope this really will reduce the backlog and improve the overall processing time. Will this EO also address staffing issues?

I am very positive that this part in the EO: " eliminate barriers in and otherwise improve the existing naturalization process"  includes addressing the staffing issue. This has been a major barrier in the past five years. So it must be eliminated. 

16 hours ago, DC909 said:

Hopefully they don’t slow down from now to when they develop the plan. 

It won't. It says "within 60 days" which to me means they have to start right away to be able to meet the deadline. I think they will develop the plan in a month or so because they already know which parts of the system are impaired or unfunctional. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, pisces1 said:

Hi All,

I’m trying to file N400 online, but i don’t remember exact start and end date from my previous works, I looked on the  w2 but it says month and year, can I just put approximately day? Also I have gaps few weeks in between works , until I started the new Job , should I put unemployed? 

Many Thanks!

You can use the first of the month, I believe you can explain you don't remember the exact start day. You can also reach out to the previous employee HR to see if they can help.

Timeline
2 hours ago, pisces1 said:

And should I file Tax transcripts now or should I bring by my self on the interview?

thanks again 

If you can upload your tax transcripts and also bring it with you during the interview. It is advisable to upload any information requested so your case can at least get moving in the world of USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.