Siddsgal

Suggestions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just a few suggestions from our progress in this journey. 

1. My husband was told he needed to add my name to his passport, I’m the USC, before he could get PCC for NVC. He spent a month running around doing everything they wanted him to do so if you’re the man in India and haven’t added your wife’s name, may want to do it right after you get married cuz passport office said they are requiring it now to process the visa PCC. 

2. My husband went to the doctor and got a checkup which included a TB skin test and chest X-ray. We just got DQed so we’ll have a wait yet before his interview. A good idea is to go get checked for TB now, that way if you find out you’re a carrier you can treated BEFORE your interview medical. 

There are many things we can be doing while we wait to prepare for our future and to speed up the process. It makes the waiting much easier cuz you feel like you’re doing something and to not have to worry about a positive tb test when so close to the finish line is one less stress you gotta have.
God Bless and Merry Christmas! 

39 minutes ago, Siddsgal said:

Just a few suggestions from our progress in this journey. 

1. My husband was told he needed to add my name to his passport, I’m the USC, before he could get PCC for NVC. He spent a month running around doing everything they wanted him to do so if you’re the man in India and haven’t added your wife’s name, may want to do it right after you get married cuz passport office said they are requiring it now to process the visa PCC. 

2. My husband went to the doctor and got a checkup which included a TB skin test and chest X-ray. We just got DQed so we’ll have a wait yet before his interview. A good idea is to go get checked for TB now, that way if you find out you’re a carrier you can treated BEFORE your interview medical. 

There are many things we can be doing while we wait to prepare for our future and to speed up the process. It makes the waiting much easier cuz you feel like you’re doing something and to not have to worry about a positive tb test when so close to the finish line is one less stress you gotta have.
God Bless and Merry Christmas! 

Who told him that?

Do you have a document asking him this?

Edited by Paula&Johnny

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Paula&Johnny said:

Who told him that?

Do you have a document asking him this?

Nope, no document. The people at the passport office told him that there was some new rule that was passed in September that required it. Maybe they were just giving him the run around but he was told that same thing by 2 different people on different trips to that office. They wouldn’t touch his PCC app till my name was in his passport. They held the PCC payment he made and applied it to his rescheduled appointment. 

1 minute ago, Siddsgal said:

Nope, no document. The people at the passport office told him that there was some new rule that was passed in September that required it. Maybe they were just giving him the run around but he was told that same thing by 2 different people on different trips to that office. They wouldn’t touch his PCC app till my name was in his passport. They held the PCC payment he made and applied it to his rescheduled appointment. 

This is really weird, if this is a rule they will have it in some documents. Maybe some people here there is from India will know better. 

I recommend you to call the some Consulate or Embassy from India here in the US and ask for it. Sounds really weird this new "rule"

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Paula&Johnny said:

This is really weird, if this is a rule they will have it in some documents. Maybe some people here there is from India will know better. 

I recommend you to call the some Consulate or Embassy from India here in the US and ask for it. Sounds really weird this new "rule"

Well it wasn’t a big deal to get my name in his passport, he planned on doing it but just kept on putting it off. I just wanted to let others know that it’s something they may wanna do before go for the PCC to save themselves some time cuz there’s a chance it may be required now. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 12/16/2020 at 10:13 AM, Paula&Johnny said:

It is true that some psk will ask for spouse name to be added on your passport. 
It says on their website as well. 

if you fill in the application and mention you are married. 

they will ask you to update your passport 

More and more people are reporting this. Couple of months back it was like some psk will be easy on you and let go. 

but that’s changing now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.