Caresse33

CR2/IR2 (children) Interview Appointment Update

15 posts in this topic

Hi, I thought I should start this thread since I was in in CR1/IR1 Appointment Updates but I need more information regarding children. My son is 14 years  and was documentarily qualified on 17th August. However he was 13th when he was DQ which meant that he didn’t need an interview appointment. However now he just had his birthday in November and now he is 14th. Does anyone know what sort of question they asked teenager? If anyone could share their experiences. We can use this thread to update one another our interview status. Thank you

Wait, so are you hoping to track the interviews and appointments updates of other members? Or looking for specific information regarding interview questions asked of young kids and teens? 

The title of the thread is a bit confusing as it’s a duplicate of an existing, active thread. I would have gone with something like “experiences with children at interviews?”

As for your question, I imagine that they’ll be looking to establish that 1) the child is actually your child 2) you’re able to support the child in the US. A 13/14-year-old child is unlikely to be committing visa fraud on their own, so I’m guessing most of the questions will be about making sure information is correct rather than hard-hitting questions about their intentions.

1 hour ago, Sm4598 said:

Wait, so are you hoping to track the interviews and appointments updates of other members? Or looking for specific information regarding interview questions asked of young kids and teens? 

The title of the thread is a bit confusing as it’s a duplicate of an existing, active thread. I would have gone with something like “experiences with children at interviews?”

As for your question, I imagine that they’ll be looking to establish that 1) the child is actually your child 2) you’re able to support the child in the US. A 13/14-year-old child is unlikely to be committing visa fraud on their own, so I’m guessing most of the questions will be about making sure information is correct rather than hard-hitting questions about their intentions.

I am hoping to track both interview updates. Could you kindly share the other thread it might be easier if I just follow am existing thread. Thank you for your answer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
9 hours ago, Caresse33 said:

Hi, I thought I should start this thread since I was in in CR1/IR1 Appointment Updates but I need more information regarding children. My son is 14 years  and was documentarily qualified on 17th August. However he was 13th when he was DQ which meant that he didn’t need an interview appointment. However now he just had his birthday in November and now he is 14th. Does anyone know what sort of question they asked teenager? If anyone could share their experiences. We can use this thread to update one another our interview status. Thank you

Your thread title is going to confuse people who don’t know that much about the processes or visa names. Your question is about the children/stepchildren of IR1/CR1 visa applicants who are getting IR2/CR2  visas. A moderator can amend the title to something like:

London CR2/ IR2 (CHILDREN) Interview Appointment Updates LONDON

Go to your original post and on the right, click “Report Post”. Then you get a box to say why you reported it. Say you are requesting a title edit of your post to—

Edited by Wuozopo

53 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Your thread title is going to confuse people who don’t know that much about the processes or visa names. Your question is about the children/stepchildren of IR1/CR1 visa applicants who are getting IR2/CR2  visas. A moderator can amend the title to something like:

Go to your original post and on the right, click “Report Post”. Then you get a box to say why you reported it. Say you are requesting a title edit of your post to—

Thank you I sent the report, hopefully they can change it soon. Apologies to the confusion i caused

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Caresse33 said:

Thank you I sent the report, hopefully they can change it soon. Apologies to the confusion i caused

No need to apologize. It was accurate. It’s just that I am familiar with how many are fairly lost in this process so adding a layer of foolproofing  will help. Also there’s always those from other countries who want to chip in and their experience at another consulate may not be the norm in London. Every consulate has their own vibe for how they handle things.

• Ban Hammer changed the title to CR2/IR2 (children) Interview Appointment Update
6 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

No need to apologize. It was accurate. It’s just that I am familiar with how many are fairly lost in this process so adding a layer of foolproofing  will help. Also there’s always those from other countries who want to chip in and their experience at another consulate may not be the norm in London. Every consulate has their own vibe for how they handle things.

Thank you that is helpful to know. Hopefully someone who went through this experience may notice this thread and share their experience.

14 hours ago, Caresse33 said:

Hi, my daughters aged 15 and 16 were with me at the interview. The first officer, very friendly,  casually spoke to them chit chatting about how they were at an age to obtain a driving licence in the USA. No official questions directed at them.

The second officer who asked the official questions directed all the questions to me. From my understanding  they only require the children to be present. I guess this gives them an opportunity to get a sense of the relationship you have with your child. The only question relating to them was regarding custody as my daughters are from my previous marriage. However that wasn’t a problem as I was not asked for paperwork to support my answer. I did bring it though just in case. The official was satisfied with my verbal answer that their dad and I had a parental agreement in place which showed he supported the girls decision to move with me to the USA. 

Overall the experience was pleasant and the process swift. My daughters enjoyed the whole experience.

Edited by DMaP3

6 hours ago, DMaP3 said:

Hi, my daughters aged 15 and 16 were with me at the interview. The first officer, very friendly,  casually spoke to them chit chatting about how they were at an age to obtain a driving licence in the USA. No official questions directed at them.

The second officer who asked the official questions directed all the questions to me. From my understanding  they only require the children to be present. I guess this gives them an opportunity to get a sense of the relationship you have with your child. The only question relating to them was regarding custody as my daughters are from my previous marriage. However that wasn’t a problem as I was not asked for paperwork to support my answer. I did bring it though just in case. The official was satisfied with my verbal answer that their dad and I had a parental agreement in place which showed he supported the girls decision to move with me to the USA. 

Overall the experience was pleasant and the process swift. My daughters enjoyed the whole experience.

I am already in the United States so unfortunately I won’t be able to attend the interview with my son. However my sister will go with him. Did you upload any of the custody document in  NVC website prior to your appointment interview?I was not asked for any custody document at the NVC stage? Should I upload it then? 

16 hours ago, Caresse33 said:

I am already in the United States so unfortunately I won’t be able to attend the interview with my son. However my sister will go with him. Did you upload any of the custody document in  NVC website prior to your appointment interview?I was not asked for any custody document at the NVC stage? Should I upload it then? 

Hi Caress33, I wouldn’t upload the custody document unless they ask for it. To be sure you can email AskNVC via your account if your application is at NVC stage. Once your file is at the Embassy you can also email them to confirm. I was able to get advise on documents quite quickly using both these email services.  Definitively your sister should carry a copy of the documents when attending the interview with your son. 

4 hours ago, DMaP3 said:

Hi Caress33, I wouldn’t upload the custody document unless they ask for it. To be sure you can email AskNVC via your account if your application is at NVC stage. Once your file is at the Embassy you can also email them to confirm. I was able to get advise on documents quite quickly using both these email services.  Definitively your sister should carry a copy of the documents when attending the interview with your son. 

Thank you so much for your help

• 4 weeks later...

My 14 year old son had his interview on Monday and it went well. He was only ask 1 question ‘Where do your parents live? He was approved and was told to wait for the collection email to get his passport at DX. However DX has sent an email stating they will close their facilities and the passport will be delivered instead. So we had to register for delivery , he should receive his passport tomorrow. We are super excited! I am sorry to hear about everyone else having their interviews rescheduled. I am bit nervous having him flight during this time he has to test 72 hours before his flight

On 12/10/2020 at 1:22 PM, DMaP3 said:

When were you able apply for citizenship for your daughters?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2021 at 6:32 PM, Caresse33 said:

When were you able apply for citizenship for your daughters?

Hi Caresse33,

I haven’t applied for citizenship yet. We are still waiting for the Green cards as we only arrived into the US on 2 Jan 21. I believe that as a spouse to a US citizen I can apply for US citizenship after 3 years and any of my children under 18 years at that time would automatically become citizens. However they will be over 18 by that time so I assume they will be eligible to apply by naturalisation after 5 years. I’m not sure in your case what the process would be if you are already a citizen and you child arrives to the US and receives a Green card.

I’s assuming by now you son is in the US?  hope  

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 4:43 PM, DMaP3 said:

Hi Caresse33,

I haven’t applied for citizenship yet. We are still waiting for the Green cards as we only arrived into the US on 2 Jan 21. I believe that as a spouse to a US citizen I can apply for US citizenship after 3 years and any of my children under 18 years at that time would automatically become citizens. However they will be over 18 by that time so I assume they will be eligible to apply by naturalisation after 5 years. I’m not sure in your case what the process would be if you are already a citizen and you child arrives to the US and receives a Green card.

I’s assuming by now you son is in the US?  hope  

Oh right! Yes my son arrived on 16th Jan 2021 and we waiting for his green card too. I arrived last year in March and my green card had spelling mistakes on it and had to order a replacement I have been waiting for my green card since july last year. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.