Cilllah

I-944 Additional Income Question

6 posts in this topic

Guys, I have a I-944 question. Regarding additional income. I am including child support. However, it has two sections. Annual amount received. Is that how much I have received so far this year or just how much I receive every year? Then there is total amount of additional annual income received? Is that how much child support I have received in the whole history of my child.. Or what? 
Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Cilllah said:

Guys, I have a I-944 question. Regarding additional income. I am including child support. However, it has two sections. Annual amount received. Is that how much I have received so far this year or just how much I receive every year? Then there is total amount of additional annual income received? Is that how much child support I have received in the whole history of my child.. Or what? 
Thanks!

The instructions for the I-944 say that the additional annual income is for the most recent tax year.

The instructions say, specifically:

"Item Number 6. Additional Income. If you or your household members received additional income on a continuing weekly, monthly or annual basis for the most recent tax year (for example, child support, unemployment benefits) and the income was NOT included in your or your household member’s tax return transcript, provide the amount of additional income and all information requested. For information on non-taxable income see https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/ p525.pdf. Also, provide evidence of the additional income from any source in the United States or outside the United States in U.S. dollars. Do not list income from any public benefits, as defined in 8 CFR 212.21(b) that you or your household members received as it is not counted towards income. Do not list any income listed in Item Number 1., Household Income"

Hope this helps!

16 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

The instructions for the I-944 say that the additional annual income is for the most recent tax year.

The instructions say, specifically:

"Item Number 6. Additional Income. If you or your household members received additional income on a continuing weekly, monthly or annual basis for the most recent tax year (for example, child support, unemployment benefits) and the income was NOT included in your or your household member’s tax return transcript, provide the amount of additional income and all information requested. For information on non-taxable income see https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/ p525.pdf. Also, provide evidence of the additional income from any source in the United States or outside the United States in U.S. dollars. Do not list income from any public benefits, as defined in 8 CFR 212.21(b) that you or your household members received as it is not counted towards income. Do not list any income listed in Item Number 1., Household Income"

Hope this helps!

It does. 
So I would put the total I will receive this year in annual amount received and then the total amount received at time of filing just so far.
However, since it is talking about the tax year. Do I just talk about it starting from whenever the US tax year starts instead of the start of the year?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Cilllah said:

It does. 
So I would put the total I will receive this year in annual amount received and then the total amount received at time of filing just so far.
However, since it is talking about the tax year. Do I just talk about it starting from whenever the US tax year starts instead of the start of the year?

The tax year begins at the start of the year.

Timeline
Just now, Cilllah said:

Oh that is much easier than what I am used to! Thanks!

It's convenient, isn't it! Good luck with your application!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.