parent_canada

Any IR-5 Montreal here?

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.  My parents received their interview day for June 17.  We are June 2019 filers.    

We are working through a to-do list.  Does anyone know how long they need to stay after the interview or if we could schedule a same day flight back?  They are interviewing first thing in the AM. 

Thank you 

AOS

July 05 - AOS package sent

July 14 - NOA 1

July 25 - Biometrics Appointment Letter

July 28 - Walk in Biometrics successful

Aug 27 - Request for Expedite on EAD (Job Offer)

Sept 12 - EAD approved and in production

Sept 12 - AP is approved but USCIS status is in 'Post Decision Activity'

Sept 18 - EAD marked as mailed

April 09 - Interview - Delayed due to sealed package from civil surgeon not at local office

May 07 - GC in production

May 18 - GC in hand!!!

Feb 9 - ROC 

Feb 14 - Check Cashed

Feb 16 - NOA 1

Feb 25 - Received Biometrics Appointment

April 10 - N400 Application

April 29 - Biometrics

January 29 - Combo Interview / Recommendation for Approval 

February 20 - Oath Ceremony - NATURALIZED 

2 hours ago, Lights said:

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.  My parents received their interview day for June 17.  We are June 2019 filers.    

We are working through a to-do list.  Does anyone know how long they need to stay after the interview or if we could schedule a same day flight back?  They are interviewing first thing in the AM. 

Thank you 

We had our interview last week and left a few hours later. We drove up from Ontario though.

3 hours ago, Lights said:

Thank you 

Amazing !!!! Congratulations. What is your DQ date if you don’t mind me asking

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Melody1920 said:

Amazing !!!! Congratulations. What is your DQ date if you don’t mind me asking

I'm a June/July 2019 filer.  We submitted both parents documents and one of them came back complete by January/Feb 2020.  My mom had some issues with her documentation and we had to re-order some things and with covid, it took awhile and her's was DQ by August/Sept 2020 (they had 99% of everything but we had to re-order a police cert because we got the wrong one initially).  They both got their interviews at the same time/same day, so although they are their own applicants/case, they knew to put them on the same date which I am so thankful for (this part stressed me out thinking they'd have to fly cross country twice).

AOS

July 14 - NOA 1

April 09 - Interview - Delayed due to sealed package from civil surgeon not at local office

May 18 - GC in hand!!!

Feb 9 - ROC 

Feb 14 - Check Cashed

Feb 16 - NOA 1

April 29 - Biometrics

1 hour ago, Lights said:

I'm a June/July 2019 filer.  We submitted both parents documents and one of them came back complete by January/Feb 2020.  My mom had some issues with her documentation and we had to re-order some things and with covid, it took awhile and her's was DQ by August/Sept 2020 (they had 99% of everything but we had to re-order a police cert because we got the wrong one initially).  They both got their interviews at the same time/same day, so although they are their own applicants/case, they knew to put them on the same date which I am so thankful for (this part stressed me out thinking they'd have to fly cross country twice).

That is great that they scheduled the interviews together . Good luck . Let us know how it goes .

So did you just get an email with interview date or did your status on caec change first from NVc to consulate ? Ours still says at NVC.

Anyone else got an IL?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Melody1920 said:

That is great that they scheduled the interviews together . Good luck . Let us know how it goes .

So did you just get an email with interview date or did your status on caec change first from NVc to consulate ? Ours still says at NVC.

Anyone else got an IL?

I want to say it was NVC but I just checked and it's now showing Montreal.  I am 99.99% sure it was NVC before we got the email... I hadn't logged on for awhile. 

I'll definitely let you know how it goes!  I still can't believe it! 

AOS

July 14 - NOA 1

May 18 - GC in hand!!!

Feb 9 - ROC 

Feb 14 - Check Cashed

Feb 16 - NOA 1

April 29 - Biometrics

On 5/17/2021 at 10:21 AM, Lights said:

Thank you 

Wow! Congrats!! Definitely surprise...enjoy happy moments :)  It is good both parents got same date and time... I think they schedule based on NVC acceptance date instead of DQ. is your mom acceptance date Jan/Feb 2020

Timeline
1 minute ago, parent_canada said:

Wow! Congrats!! Definitely surprise...enjoy happy moments :)  It is good both parents got same date and time... I think they schedule based on NVC acceptance date instead of DQ. is your mom acceptance date Jan/Feb 2020

Oh that makes sense.  Yes they both had the same acceptance day since we made sure to upload all their files together at the same time.  Not to delay one over the other. 

Thank you!  I cannot wait to see them... I know many of us go years without seeing family but I have always been a relatively short flight away (under 3 hours) and within the same timezone.  This is the longest I've ever been without giving my mom a hug... I can't wait.  And I'm still in shock and cannot believe this is finally happening. 

AOS

July 14 - NOA 1

May 18 - GC in hand!!!

Feb 9 - ROC 

Feb 14 - Check Cashed

Feb 16 - NOA 1

April 29 - Biometrics

9 hours ago, parent_canada said:

Excuse my silly question … I have always thought when people say DQ it means the date NVC accepts documents. It seems they are different . How do I look up my DQ?

6 hours ago, Melody1920 said:

Excuse my silly question … I have always thought when people say DQ it means the date NVC accepts documents. It seems they are different . How do I look up my DQ?

Good question :)  Most of the people acceptance and DQ dates are same so that's why everyone always talk about DQ. NVC changes status from submitted to accepted and send DQ email.

Some people only get accepted email and then NVC requests any updated docs from them. NVC will send DQ email only after review that updated docs. This is my research analysis only :)   I heard that some people got interviews with acceptance status only (without DQ email).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, parent_canada said:

Did you get interview schedule for your parents?

Not yet. I don’t know what’s going on? People with random DQ dates are getting interviews. Our case was updated last week so hopefully soon! 

On 5/18/2021 at 9:20 PM, Melody1920 said:

Most of the people acceptance and DQ dates are same so that's why everyone always talk about DQ.

Edit: Completion and DQ dates

Edited by parent_canada

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.