emekus94

I-751 November 2020 filers

1,453 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Rilo0918 said:

Hello,

Do you mind sharing which phone number you used to reach a representative? I've been using the standard number and it keeps me in the automated loop with no option to speak to a live agent.

Thanks in advance.

Hi - yeah you're calling the right number (USCIS Customer Service). You need to say "Schedule Appointment" then say "InfoPass" to be connected to a representative.

Last week though, neither of those options worked for me for whatever the reason. It worked fine on Monday this week, and the wait time was less than 5 minutes when I called during lunch time EST.

5 minutes ago, KineLifts said:

Hi - yeah you're calling the right number (USCIS Customer Service). You need to say "Schedule Appointment" then say "InfoPass" to be connected to a representative.

Last week though, neither of those options worked for me for whatever the reason. It worked fine on Monday this week, and the wait time was less than 5 minutes when I called during lunch time EST.

Thank you so much! I'll try again. By chance, do you have to have some sort of receipt or confirmation number to refer to? I sent in my packet and have not received an extension letter or receipt. 

I'm hoping that I won't need anything like that to speak to an agent to confirm whether they have received my packet.

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, nickymicky said:

update:

Date delivered:11/05/2020

Credit card charged $680: 12/09/2020

OH MY GOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
U just gave me life! Am 2 days after u. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Congrats!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Fmert001 said:

Well I got a rejection notice because it filed incorrectly but I don’t know how???? It was after the date and I had the correct fees 

Well incorrect filings can be many things
They usually give u a date amount to respond. Stay calm
Wait about a month for your package and fix/resend.

2 hours ago, dayotutu1 said:

Check what you missed out and resubmit . Mine was rejected cos I filed too early. I resubmitted within the stipulated 90 days. Now they have cashed my application fee just yesterday.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
34 minutes ago, RR&MJL said:

Just to clarify. You never received a receipt number when you called USCIS, correct?

We both have the same received date 11/02. They charged my credit card on 12/04, and also they gave me the receipt number on 12/07. They said they mailed the I-797 on 12/04.

Even my application has blank spaces because I never used N/A. How come they did not reject my application, but gave me the receipt number? This does not make sense.

I got it today when my husband called and they told him it was rejected and they said that we have to wait to see why it was rejected. I scanned the whole application except the money orders to my computer so the only thing I did wrong was not putting N/A on the blank spaces... I’m looking over it now.... 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Rilo0918 said:

Hello everyone,

I submitted my I-751 packet and was confirmed by UPS that it was delivered on November 16th, 2020. However, I have not received any sort of receipt or extension letter in my mail. The fee is still sitting in the account as well.

My actual green card will expire in January 2021. I lost my previous job due to COVID and have been consistently applying. I'm currently going through three at this moment. If I still do not receive the extension, am I allowed to start an employment?

Please let me know or feel free to share your experience.

Thanks in advance.

You are waiting like the rest of us. They're processing applications received on or about November 5th

Timeline

November filers,

welcome. Just a note- the wait is LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
If you filed after November 5th, you are waiting like the rest of us. Please don't panic and ask "what's happening."

Everybody, please update the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8qNTxz14bzeqOY0Pzk-F0NAWwB42Mr9ypfpwwgm1VU/edit#gid=0

This helps us all to know when to actually call USCIS/panic. Ha

Good luck all

Timeline
10 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

You are waiting like the rest of us. They're processing applications received on or about November 5th

1 hour ago, Ravos said:

I sent I-751 with a wrong fee. I’m expecting my package to return to me any day now. I’ve already spoken with the USCIS representative. I was told to include a new check with the right amount of $680 and send it back to them. I want to send it on the same day when I get the rejected package because my GC expires on January 23rd, 2021. My original package was delivered to Phoenix, AZ on November 2nd, 2020 since then I don’t have any updates. Does anyone know what changes I need to make to the original package besides the new check? Do I need to mention something about rejection in the cover letter? I’m planning to make a copy of the rejection letter and include the original letter on top of my documents in the package.

Anyone who has had a similar experience, please advise!

I was reply happy and clicked submit too soon. ha!

So sorry for your current condition.

However, I think you are panicking too soon. This is December. U have a whole month before ur card expires. You most likely will receive something from USCIS by January, including the letter to keep moving forward..

In the meantime, if you get a job now, you got a valid green card and that's all that matters.

21 minutes ago, Rilo0918 said:

Thank you so much! I'll try again. By chance, do you have to have some sort of receipt or confirmation number to refer to? I sent in my packet and have not received an extension letter or receipt. 

I'm hoping that I won't need anything like that to speak to an agent to confirm whether they have received my packet.

Thanks.

I don't think so. Just make sure your immigrant spouse is on the phone to verify the identity; otherwise, they can't give out any updates/information. 

If yours was delivered mid November, you probably won't receive the NOA letter for another few weeks. The current processing time is apparently 4-6 weeks.

For me, the delivered date was 11/2, and the checks were cashed today 12/9. So my NOA letter is probably sent about now or will be within the next few days.

Timeline
1 hour ago, MarshaPM said:

Yeah it is stated in the Instruction PDF for I-751 that they require us to put N/A in places not applicable to us.

I wish USCIS would just develop an online submission system instead so we can avoid this ridiculous waiting time... 

1 hour ago, darymak said:

Thats crazy. I know two people who sent their I-751 with blank spaces and less than a month ago their applications were accepted. So its all really confusing. 

This is such a stupid requirement

Like this should depend if something SHOULD be blank or not. If it says "Provide an alternate address if ANY," a blank is appropriate

If something is an open ended question like "Date divorced was finalized" and u are not divorced, an N/A would be needed. Leaving that blank could mean u don't know date u were divorced, or u forgot that blank, etc.

USCIS Is just trying to make life hard. Ayeee

I honestly pray I don't get stuck with such a terrible person that's stingy about things that shouldn't matter

7 hours ago, Ravos said:

Did you get I-551 Temporary Evidence Stamp in you passport? If you did, when did you apply for InfoPass appointment? How long it takes once you are in the building and what did they ask? 

I didn't get the stamp 

18 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

This is such a stupid requirement

Like this should depend if something SHOULD be blank or not. If it says "Provide an alternate address if ANY," a blank is appropriate

If something is an open ended question like "Date divorced was finalized" and u are not divorced, an N/A would be needed. Leaving that blank could mean u don't know date u were divorced, or u forgot that blank, etc.

USCIS Is just trying to make life hard. Ayeee

I honestly pray I don't get stuck with such a terrible person that's stingy about things that shouldn't matter

No worries! Good to know. Thank you for the info.

25 minutes ago, KineLifts said:

I don't think so. Just make sure your immigrant spouse is on the phone to verify the identity; otherwise, they can't give out any updates/information. 

If yours was delivered mid November, you probably won't receive the NOA letter for another few weeks. The current processing time is apparently 4-6 weeks.

For me, the delivered date was 11/2, and the checks were cashed today 12/9. So my NOA letter is probably sent about now or will be within the next few days.

Thank you for this!

1 hour ago, Fmert001 said:

I got it today when my husband called and they told him it was rejected and they said that we have to wait to see why it was rejected. I scanned the whole application except the money orders to my computer so the only thing I did wrong was not putting N/A on the blank spaces... I’m looking over it now.... 

oh my gosh, I just remember that I left the area in blank under Part5 (information about your children) and didn't put N/A on it. Now this is making me panic like hell coz they might reject my application bcoz of that 🤒. I think I left those blank when I filling AOS.

The thing is where do I put N/A on these areas? For example, put N/A under the first retangle Family Name of the children 1?

Edited by AOSjuly

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Fmert001 said:

If they gave you a receipt number, did you try to check the case status online using https://my.uscis.gov/? Please check and let us know what it says.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.