journeyman

Received Letter from NVC, but NOA2

8 posts in this topic

I received a letter from NVC mentiong that they have receive the approved I-129F and that they will be forwarding the petition to the visa-issuing post. However I've not received the NOA2 (I-129F approval letter) from the USCIS.

How can I follow up to know where the petition is now ? Can I use the case number mentioned in the letter I received from NVC ?

Also I believe the original NOA2 is required for the visa interview ? Someone please answer.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I received a letter from NVC mentiong that they have receive the approved I-129F and that they will be forwarding the petition to the visa-issuing post. However I've not received the NOA2 (I-129F approval letter) from the USCIS.

How can I follow up to know where the petition is now ? Can I use the case number mentioned in the letter I received from NVC ?

Also I believe the original NOA2 is required for the visa interview ? Someone please answer.

you can call the embassy.

Wheres your respective consulate?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

By filling out your timeline, it will help vjer's in answering your question promptly.

AOS Timeline......

03/10/2008 - Mailed AOS Appl.

03/13/2008 - NOA Notice Date.

03/15/2008 - NOA's for : I-485, I-131 & I-765

03/16/2008 - Case online.

03/22/2008 - Biometrics assigned date: 04/01/2008, Bio completed early .

03/24/2008 - AOS Touched.

03/27/2008 - RFE Letter : Dated.

03/31/2008 - RFE snail mail rec'd date ( EZ-864 / Missing birth certificate).

04/01/2008 - Mailed RFE response.

04/03/2008 - RFE document delivered to Lees Summit, MO @ 4:03 P.M:

04/07/2008 - AOS Touched, Current status: Response to rfe received, and case processing has resumed.

04/08/2008 - AOS Touched.

05/27/2008 - AOS Touched, received USCIS email indicated case transfered to CSC.

05/29/2008 - AOS Touched.

05/31/2008 - USCIS snail mail stating I-485 has been transferred to CSC to speedup processing.

06/03/2008 - Received email from CSC confirming reception of transferred I-485.

06/03,04,06 - Touched!

08/28/2008 - Green card rec'd in mail.

06/11/2008 - I-131 Approval email received.

06/13/2008 - Received I-765 card ordered email notification.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

I had the same problem we got the NVC letter on June 7 and I though that was our NOA 2 but it wasn't and today I just got an email from USCIS saying that On June 25 they sent us a notice that they have approved the I 129 petition for fiance, so I guess they were behind with the email updates and they are working on that now. I already got the package 3 and 4 and I have my interview date.

I think that everybody that is in the same situation will get soon the NOA2 !! Good luck!! :thumbs:

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzM0Jk91citOT0ErMSt3YXMraXNzdWVkLi4mMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxMiYxMCZjJjAmMTkmMyYyMDA3JjE2JjI2JjgyMjE1NTAwMTE3OTQ0NDQwMi4n.gif

TIMELINE:

12/08/06 Engaged !!

3/01/07 Sent I-129

3/13/07 NOA 1 :)

6/07/07 NOA 2

6/14/07 Received Packet 3

07/03/07 Medical

07/25/07 INTERVIEW !!! Approved!!

11/03/07 Flying to USA . Miami POE

you can call the embassy.

Wheres your respective consulate?

My embassy is Chennai, INDIA.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

You may not get your noa 2. We never did, I had to call last week and have them reissue it. You do not need the NOA 2 for the interview, but you will for the AOS so you have some time before you have to really worry.

You may not get your noa 2. We never did, I had to call last week and have them reissue it. You do not need the NOA 2 for the interview, but you will for the AOS so you have some time before you have to really worry.

Thanks, Did you schedule the interview date ? or the embassy just assigned you the date ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Lucky dude, I filled but still didn't received any thing yet!

Zarashk :unsure:

06/12/07----sending The package to NSC

06/15/07---- Received at NSC

06/25/07---- TOUCHED

07/02/07---- TOUCHED and it conformed they received my Mail on 06/25/07 at CSC!

07/20/07---- TOUCHED and a lady said it still Pending..

08/06/07---- TOUCHED

08/29/07 OMG I am just keep TOUCHING... :lol:

09/26/07 TOUCHED CSC ... Nothing yet :(

09/28/07 sending a fax to congressman at 00:06 A.M.

10/31/07 JUST Called CSC TODAY, my Case Is under Officer reviewing... RIGHT ONNNNNN

11/05/07 RFE!!!! AFTER ABOUT 4 MONTH RFE? WHAT FOR? WHY SO LATE? #######

11/26/07 Approved WooHooo

11/30/07 NO2 hardcopy has been received yo yo

12/10/07 Transferred to NVC as of today 12/17/07. NVC telephone line is a hack of busy!

12/14/07 NV received the case

12/18/07 called and conformed the nvc case number and case have been send to ankara u.s. embassy

01/17/08 Received Appointment Letter Damn slow while they send it thro USPS

02/10/09 Approval Letter. ouiiiiii

02/20/09 Recived The Permanent Resident card

zadcvfp4_845f2cf68d.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.