Do I need a round trip ticket to Brazil??

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

National U.S.A. (US) /Destination BRAZIL (BR)

BRAZIL (BR)

Passport (must be valid at least for period of intended stay) required.

Visa required (for valid visa in expired passport, please see: For details, click here .)

Single entry visa is valid for only one entry within 90 days of the visa issue date.

Multiple entry visa is valid for number of entries and length of validity indicated on visa, however, first entry must be made within 90 days of the visa issue date.

Visitor must hold:

- sufficient funds; and

- return or onward ticket; and

- all documents required for next destination.

http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/tim_website_client.cgi?

To me a return ticket is a return ticket regardless of wether it is a part of your inbound itinerary or a ticket on its own......

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

That's what I think, and also, this info you just gave I haven't been able to find anywhere, only info I got about required tickets was to actually get a visa, no to clear customs.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi. I agree with you all that a one way ticket should be good enough. Common sense says it's good enough. But according to the only source that knows for sure you are wrong regardless of your opinion or your interpretation of the instructions on the website. The subject is already settled in my mind because I spoke to the fellows that know for sure and I don't need to speculate on the meanings of words. If you really are interested to know the truth so you can give others more accurate information in the future, (which is why we are all here; to help each other), then you can call (713) 961-3063 and find out for yourselves if you don't believe me. Below is my email I sent them a few days ago. It is short and too the point. So if you want clarification then I would suggest calling the phone number listed above and they will explain it in more detail for you. Only be warned because they aren't the most friendly folks in the world. lol :) Have a great night everyone.

This message is not flagged. [ Flag Message - Mark as Unread ]

From: "Consulate General of Brazil in Houston" <visas@brazilhouston.org> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

To: "'xxxxx'" <xxxxx@yahoo.com>

Subject: RE:

Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:07:32 -0500

That’s not a round trip ticket.

Sincerely

Visa Section

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: segunda-feira, 25 de junho de 2007 20:13

To: visas@brazilhouston.org

Subject: RE:

Thanks for the info. What if I have a one way ticket from America to Brazil and also a one way ticket from Brazil to America . Will this be okey? Thanks. xxxxx.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consulate General of Brazil in Houston < visas@brazilhouston.org > wrote:

A round trip ticket is required to apply for a visa. If you already have a valid visa, you will also need a round trip ticket.

Sincerely,

Visa Section

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: segunda-feira, 25 de junho de 2007 15:04

To: visas@brazilhouston.org

Subject:

Hi. I am planning a flight to xxxxx , Brazil in xxxxx and I am wondering if I will be required to buy a round trip ticket? I am wanting to purchased 2 one way tickets for me and also 1 one way ticket for my fiance because I think it may be cheaper. Will the Brazilian customs agent allow me entrance into Brazil if I show the agent a one way ticket into the country and a one way ticket back to America ? Or, will the Brazilian custom agent deny me entrance into Brazil because I do not have a round trip ticket? Could you tell me which kind of airline ticket I need to buy? A round trip or 2 one way tickets? Thanks. xxxxx.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us.

Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows.

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.

That's what I think, and also, this info you just gave I haven't been able to find anywhere, only info I got about required tickets was to actually get a visa, no to clear customs.

Timeline

Well, suit yourself and good luck.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Well, there you have it... a person's real experience of actually transiting passport control in Braszil or the information provided from the Brazilian consulate in the US.... You will have to decide for yourself who to believe....

I have made 10 trips to Brazil in the last year.

All the imigration agents have wanted to se was my passport with the Visa.

the only people that wanted to see a ticket was the airlines.

Timeline
Well, there you have it... a person's real experience of actually transiting passport control in Braszil or the information provided from the Brazilian consulate in the US.... You will have to decide for yourself who to believe....

Round trip tickets can be had today from Delta airlines for under $1200 LOUISVILLE KY to Rio.

Puurchased one this morning for a trip Nov 3.

One way tickets, cheapest $1900, go figure.

Buy a round trip and the return ticket is still good for a year.

If you don't use it you are still money ahead.

WWW.DELTA.COM

Timeline

Round trip tickets can be had today from Delta airlines for under $1200 LOUISVILLE KY to Rio.

WWW.DELTA.COM

Wow, I'm sorry you had to pay so much - especially to go to Rio.

I haven't spent more than $1000 on a round trip ticket and I went to Manaus more often...

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline

WWW.DELTA.COM

I haven't spent more than $1000 on a round trip ticket and I went to Manaus more often...

Prices change daily.

What airline do you fly.

All my tickets are paid for by the company I work for.

My next perosnal trip, one that I pay for, wil cost $61.

Timeline

WWW.DELTA.COM

Prices change daily.

What airline do you fly.

All my tickets are paid for by the company I work for.

My next perosnal trip, one that I pay for, wil cost $61.

The price is $1092 today.

Timeline
Hi. My last topic I posted on this subject, (Please see the link below), I got kind of a cold response from some the VJ er's because I was questioning their responses when they stated, "the Brazilian Custom Agents would not require me to show them a round trip ticket before I was allowed to enter Brazil." So I decided to ask the Brazilian Consulate in Houston my question.

The Brazilian Consulate in Houston said that I am required to show the Brazilian Customs Agent a round trip ticket prior to them allowing me into Brazil. I asked them if 2 one way tickets would work and they said, "No, I would need a round trip ticket to enter Brazil."

So now I am totally confused because I have found that it is much cheaper to buy one way tickets, (even though many VJ er's have stated the opposite).

Can anyone say if what the Brazilian Consulate in Houston said was accurate? Or, are the responses from many VJ er's accurate when they said that one way tickets would work fine?

Anyone know for sure? Thanks for your help.

You need a round trip ticket for the Consulate to issue you a visa.

Is thiw what they are refering to, just sent my passport and Itenrary to the consulate in Chicago for my new visa, old one expired again, whatever happened to the 5 year visa?

Timeline

My current tourist visa is for 5 years. However, the first visa I got was not (but was told maybe that is because it was issued in Uruguay). My work visa was for only one year - but that's normal.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline

FWAGUY - I believe both, the Brazilian Embassy in Houston and also Lisa and Laura. I'm not doubting that many people can make it through the Brazilian Customs line without being asked to show proof of a round trip ticket. I asked the question so that I could understand how to travel to Brazil the LEGAL and RIGHT way. If you think you can travel to Brazil on a one way ticket then by all means go for it. Only do not say I didn't tell you so when you are the 1 out of 1000 that the Brazilian Customs Agent asks to see your round trip ticket and then denies you entrance. Take care my friend. :)

I use priceline or vayama.com, I just got round trip tickets from Miami to Florinopolis for 700. These two sites have always been the cheapest that I have seen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.