Carol000

Barbados???

31 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 1:40 PM, Sweetcake said:

Hi all, i had an interview for my k1 yesterday and it went really well. There were only two k1 for the interview and we were both approved.

Congrats. Only 2 ppl? Gosh!

don't know why it is taking them so long to schedule us for our CR1 interview?

Still waiting... 

• 9 months later...

Hey Guys,

For all of you who did your interviews at Barbados, how long did you stay at NVC? I've been at NVC for a couple of weeks now. I checked Barbados Embassy website and they are processing a limited amount of K-1 visas, so not sure why I am still at NVC.

On 11/1/2021 at 3:27 PM, JoyJo said:

Hey Guys,

For all of you who did your interviews at Barbados, how long did you stay at NVC? I've been at NVC for a couple of weeks now. I checked Barbados Embassy website and they are processing a limited amount of K-1 visas, so not sure why I am still at NVC.

It looks like someone with a K1 out of Barbados updated the timeline.  They were approved NOA2 9/1/21 and consulate received 11/1/21.  So 2 months would be a educated guess.  I am IR1 waiting for Barbados to schedule also.  Best of luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline
2 minutes ago, G&M’s said:

It looks like someone with a K1 out of Barbados updated the timeline.  They were approved NOA2 9/1/21 and consulate received 11/1/21.  So 2 months would be a educated guess.  I am IR1 waiting for Barbados to schedule also.  Best of luck!

Well Barbados processing is dependent on  local COVID cases, it normally does not take long but COVID slowed things down could take weeks to months they processed things faster at level 3. Level 4 is emergency visas and f1s only. They claim they have no control when cases is at Nvc stage 

23 hours ago, G&M’s said:

Yes, I saw this timeline. I got my NOA2 on 9/14/21 so hopefully I go in transit in the coming week.

Are you at NVC or did the consulate receive your case already? Good luck to you as well on your journey.

23 hours ago, Carol000 said:

Well Barbados processing is dependent on  local COVID cases, it normally does not take long but COVID slowed things down could take weeks to months they processed things faster at level 3. Level 4 is emergency visas and f1s only. They claim they have no control when cases is at Nvc stage. 

I saw that Barbados lifted some entry protocols for vaccinated travelers, so I am hoping that means cases are low and they are not going to shut down anytime soon. What is the level 3? Are K1s level 3?

1 hour ago, JoyJo said:

Yes, I saw this timeline. I got my NOA2 on 9/14/21 so hopefully I go in transit in the coming week.

Are you at NVC or did the consulate receive your case already? Good luck to you as well on your journey.

Thank you very much! We transferred our case from another jurisdiction just a few weeks ago but have been DQ waiting at NVC since November 2020.  We are understandably very much hoping for movement of any kind :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline
On 11/3/2021 at 8:59 AM, G&M’s said:

Did you get your interview scheduled yet?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.