Mylilelar1

To those who have ever had a 221(g) experience.

55 posts in this topic

I find this whole thing bizarre.  My wife was a widow, and all she had to provide was the death certificate.

She did come prepared with newspaper articles and a police report to the interview, but it was never requested.  The difference here I guess is that it was 9 years ago.

Good luck  

Finally done.

2 hours ago, Talako said:

I find this whole thing bizarre.  My wife was a widow, and all she had to provide was the death certificate.

She did come prepared with newspaper articles and a police report to the interview, but it was never requested.  The difference here I guess is that it was 9 years ago.

Good luck  

The difference is the province also And what they provide upon a person's demise. And 9 years ago is an eternity.    Things change 180° now in 2 weeks in the Philippines. My wife had a rapid test in Manilla as was required before she left to go up north.It normally takes 10 hours to 11 hours and it took 23 hours because the driver had to take ANOTHER rapid test in San Jose and wait 5 hours for the results.

And then upon entering the province, with the rapid test that's about 38 hours old, she has to quarantine for 14 days in a miserable facility with filthy toilets for 14 days no matter what the result is from another rapid test she took before she went into this quarantine. The authorities are out to squeeze every peso from every person in that country in this lockdown.

18 minutes ago, Mommango said:

wow, I never knew that the US embassy in the Philippines would really asked stuff like that. Maybe this is one of their ways to delay the process? 

Her husband has been dead for 6 years this December. I've never been so disappointed in my government. This is the only time I've asked my government to actually step up. They could have asked for all these documents 14 months ago. 

But they wait until the interview and then they have to have her get them all again and then some.

I'm sure it's because of fraudulent activity by people saying their spouse was dead when they weren't to avoid those outrageous annulment charges from attorneys.

So I understand why they go there. What I don't understand is why don't they ask for what they want in all 1 sitting. Instead of us waiting months for their response and then they come back with another request.

On 10/25/2020 at 7:14 PM, Mylilelar1 said:

Well,she sent the funeral records AGAIN and death certificate AGAIN on Oct. 21 and now she gets AN EMAIL FROM THE EMBASSY THAT THEY NEED....

1. Medical records from the  District hospital

2. Tombstone photos

3. Burial and internment photos

4. Funeral records AGAIN

5. Church records.

This is what gets us>>>>>they could have asked FOR ALL OF THESE ON Oct 18th.  They could have asked for all of these 14 months ago. It just never ends.

We are concerned they will just keep asking for more instead of asking  for what they need all at one time.   She is going back to Isabela after 33 days in a hotel to scrounge up what she can.

She does not believe they(family) has photos of laying him in the ground at the cemetery.  I just   can't really believe this is happening.

2 minutes ago, Mylilelar1 said:

Her husband has been dead for 6 years this December. I've never been so disappointed in my government. This is the only time I've asked my government to actually step up. They could have asked for all these documents 14 months ago. 

But they wait until the interview and then they have to have her get them all again and then some.

I'm sure it's because of fraudulent activity by people saying their spouse was dead when they weren't to avoid those outrageous annulment charges from attorneys.

So I understand why they go there. What I don't understand is why don't they ask for what they want in all 1 sitting. Instead of us waiting months for their response and then they come back with another request.

I am so sorry to hear that :( . I  know its is hard and tough now.

I myself has 221g issue with my son, it  is quite different though and I am already sad about it, now knowing what you and your wife is dealing with is totally unfair. Pls hang in there and stay strong.  

1 minute ago, Mommango said:

I am so sorry to hear that :( . I  know its is hard and tough now.

I myself has 221g issue with my son, it  is quite different though and I am already sad about it, now knowing what you and your wife is dealing with is totally unfair. Pls hang in there and stay strong.  

Thank you. She is currently what I call a prison. Upon entering her province 4 days ago she goes into 14 day quarantine in a stinky little tent in a basketball court with 43 other tents, all with people in them with filthy toilets. And unlike a prison where inmates get to go outside sometimes, they are held in that basketball court and can never leave that room for 14 days. And on top of that,  it is the 4th day and they still haven't given her any test rapid or swab. What's the point if they don't test anybody when they arrive?It is the worst experience of her life.

Just now, Mylilelar1 said:

Thank you. She is currently what I call a prison. Upon entering her province 4 days ago she goes into 14 day quarantine in a stinky little tent in a basketball court with 43 other tents, all with people in them with filthy toilets. And unlike a prison where inmates get to go outside sometimes, they are held in that basketball court and can never leave that room for 14 days. And on top of that,  it is the 4th day and they still haven't given her any test rapid or swab. What's the point if they don't test anybody when they arrive?It is the worst experience of her life.

But she says the food is decent

8 minutes ago, Mylilelar1 said:

wow that sucks :( can't she ask anyone to maybe help her to do the swab test asap? if that is case, they would all like to get sick and the immune system be weakened right? Oh Lord :(

8 minutes ago, Mommango said:

wow that sucks :( can't she ask anyone to maybe help her to do the swab test asap? if that is case, they would all like to get sick and the immune system be weakened right? Oh Lord :(

8 minutes ago, Mommango said:

She ask s them every single day when her test will be and they say "Sorry maam....I will ask" and they never come back with an answer.

4 hours ago, Mylilelar1 said:

She ask s them every single day when her test will be and they say "Sorry maam....I will ask" and they never come back with an answer.

"Sorry ma'am. Out of stock." 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.