aslam khan

N400: No Biometric appointment letter?

43 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, enis said:

Has anybody recently send N-400 via FedEx to Lewisville, TX? I sent the package on 1/8/2021, FedEx tracking says delivered but I have not received any letter confirming it nor was the check cashed. What are current processing times? Should I start worrying and maybe apply online or is there a backlog that people are aware of and I should just wait? For reference this started as a K-1 visa.

*correction - used UPS for delivery

25 minutes ago, LuianCyn said:

My husband applied Sep,14 2020 just got the biometrics reuse letter Finally!!!

Is that when he mailed the N-400 package? When was his check cashed? I wouldn’t mind so much if they at least cashed the check....

Timeline
4 minutes ago, enis said:

Is that when he mailed the N-400 package? When was his check cashed? I wouldn’t mind so much if they at least cashed the check....

Usually when they receive and process your application they send a Received letter with info n stuff  we sent Sep 14 2020 and within 2 weeks we recieved a notice of action I 797c.   It might be taking longer because of Covid n stuff

Edited by LuianCyn

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Enis. The same here. I also sent the package on 1/7/2021, FedEx tracking says delivered but I have not received any letter confirming it nor was the check cashed. I almost check my bank account everyday but still no luck. I am also worried about this. I have asked my lawyer to contact the USCIS and I hope can get some feedback from them soon.

22 minutes ago, roman2020 said:

Hi, Enis. The same here. I also sent the package on 1/7/2021, FedEx tracking says delivered but I have not received any letter confirming it nor was the check cashed. I almost check my bank account everyday but still no luck. I am also worried about this. I have asked my lawyer to contact the USCIS and I hope can get some feedback from them soon.

Hello! I have a good news, maybe there is a hope for you as well. They just cashed my check yesterday yesterday late evening I received a text saying they received the package and they sent the receipt number and that the notification will come in the mail. I was about to redo the whole package online soon. I also contacted someone I know and is an immigration attorney and was told to wait about 1.5 month or even 3 before re-doing it. I am so relieved I got some news from USCIS. I hope yours is coming soon, too!

Glad to hear that your case has made some progress!!!! My lawyer sent my package on 01/04/2021. And Fedex showed it is delivered on 01/07/2021. Hope they will cash my check soon... Thanks for your update... Good luck with your future process. Could you help to update the Bio date and interview date when you get such info? 

Thanks you!!

2 hours ago, roman2020 said:

Glad to hear that your case has made some progress!!!! My lawyer sent my package on 01/04/2021. And Fedex showed it is delivered on 01/07/2021. Hope they will cash my check soon... Thanks for your update... Good luck with your future process. Could you help to update the Bio date and interview date when you get such info? 

Thanks you!!

I’ll try to remember! :) But feel free to message me if you are wondering and see no update.

4 hours ago, roman2020 said:

Hi there! I have almost the same timeline, my n400 package was delivered on Jan 19th at Lewisville lockbox (ups). Looks like they just started working on early January cases, so yours should be processing soon.  Good luck!

I also called to uscis this morning, they said to be patient, delays from receiving a case to getting a receipt are up to 90 days.

10 hours ago, ArtN said:

Hi there! I have almost the same timeline, my n400 package was delivered on Jan 19th at Lewisville lockbox (ups). Looks like they just started working on early January cases, so yours should be processing soon.  Good luck!

I also called to uscis this morning, they said to be patient, delays from receiving a case to getting a receipt are up to 90 days.

Great. Let's keep updating the status here!! Good luck for you as well!! By the way, do you know the order Lewisville lockbox handle this? Is it by time? Like First come first serve? Will the CIS office matter the order they handle the package?  

Edited by roman2020

3 minutes ago, roman2020 said:

Great. Let's keep updating the status here!! Good luck for you as well!! By the way, do you know the order Lewisville lockbox handle this? Is it by time? Like First come first serve? Will the CIS office matter the order they handle the package?  

Thanks! I'm hoping to hear from them within the next few weeks(will update here)

As far as I know the lockboxes are contractors who just scan the docs and process payments, as soon as your case the uscis system your local uscis office takes care of it and the timeframe will depend on how busy they are. 

There is a January n-400 thread, you can join to follow up for other fillers updates:

On 3/5/2021 at 7:34 PM, ArtN said:

Thanks! I'm hoping to hear from them within the next few weeks(will update here)

As far as I know the lockboxes are contractors who just scan the docs and process payments, as soon as your case the uscis system your local uscis office takes care of it and the timeframe will depend on how busy they are. 

There is a January n-400 thread, you can join to follow up for other fillers updates:

Updates: I see my check is cached in my bank account. Looking forward to the mail from USCIS and the bio appointment date. 

Thank you ArtN. Keep updated!!

On 3/13/2021 at 1:21 PM, ArtN said:

Glad for you!

I've received my noa as well 03/09/21.

Hopefully biometrics will come soon!

Cool. Great progress!! Hope you will get biometrics soon.

When will you get you noa after your check cashed? USCIS has send you an email for you noa, right? Also, have you got your case id when you get the noa

Thanks, ArtN.

8 minutes ago, roman2020 said:

Cool. Great progress!! Hope you will get biometrics soon.

When will you get you noa after your check cashed? USCIS has send you an email for you noa, right? Also, have you got your case id when you get the noa

Thanks, ArtN.

My check was cashed on 03/09, then (the same day) I got a text with a case number.

Noa1 and a biometrics reuse letter were in a mailbox yesterday 03/13. 

Yes, my case number was in a text msg from USCIS and of course in a paper copy of noa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.