Btrejo

NVC Expedite

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I want to know if I could expedite my case. My case was closed at the NVC in April. Due to covid it hasn't left to the consulate. I'm currently in Mexico staying with my husband. I found out I was pregnant 6 weeks in, however we discovered last week I had an ectopic pregnancy. I had surgery this week to remove my fallopian tube and the egg Tuesday. I have all the paperwork however it is all in spanish. I know I need to translate. But I was wandering if I could use this information to help my husbands case. I currently cannot move . He has been helping me the whole time.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello,

My condolences on your loss and suffering.  I know someone who went through the same complication during her pregnancy.  

For the expedite, you would need to explain how getting your husband to the US as soon as possible can help your situation.  I assume you went through that whole ordeal in Mexico?  And that you are still in Mexico?  Your recovery and your husband's support is not currently being hindered by him not getting an interview, unless I am missing something.  

Timeline
3 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Hello,

My condolences on your loss and suffering.  I know someone who went through the same complication during her pregnancy.  

For the expedite, you would need to explain how getting your husband to the US as soon as possible can help your situation.  I assume you went through that whole ordeal in Mexico?  And that you are still in Mexico?  Your recovery and your husband's support is not currently being hindered by him not getting an interview, unless I am missing something.  

Thank you! And you are correct this was all done in Mexico. No it is not being hindered I was just having wishful thinking. If it is possible for him to come to the states with me due to this. Like help me medically and economically.

Timeline
On 10/7/2020 at 10:34 AM, Dalila Gonzalez said:

You got a case complete in April of 2020? 

Yes it was complete in april just need the interview now

Timeline
1 hour ago, Btrejo said:

Yes it was complete in april just need the interview now

Well good luck, and keep us posted; our case was complete in august 2019 and we are currently still waiting for it to go to the consulate and to finally get an appointment 

Timeline

Hello there, same here waiting for appt since June 2019, just a question who's the petitioner? you or your husband? if you are the petitioner (US citizen/resident) you can request an expedite appt due to your situation since you had that procedure done in Mexico and you can claim you can get better treatment in the US , best wishes 🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.