michellemilitza

forgeign fiance has a kid, but won't bring to US

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

hello all, I have a quick question, My forgein fiance and I are getting the papers together to send the first packet, but he has a child with another woman whom he never had a relationship with (just a fling, never married, never anything). This all happened prior to our relationship. Anyways he says that he will not be bringing over the child and that she will stay with the mother in Panama. They've already discussed the issue and that's how everything will be. Now my question is, Since he has NO intention of bringing the child over, do i still have to include that info on the I-129F form? Also on the affadavit I-134 affadavit (the one where you have to prove your income) i don't have to mention the child either correct? Hoping to hear from you guys soon. Thanks!

-Michelle

AOS:

August 8, 2008: We're married!! (both the ceremony and legal wedding)

September 11, 2008: Got the marriage certificate in the mail!! 

September 20, 2008: Sent AOS packet (I-485, EAD, AP)

September 22, 2008: USPS confirmed delivery at LockBox

September 26, 2008: Check Cashed!! :)

September 25, 2008: Recv'd date on all NOA's 

September 30, 2008: Received all 3 NOA's: I-485, EAD, AP

Ocotber 10, 2008: RFE for I-485 (needed proof of citizenship for sponsor) :S

October 21, 2008: Biometrics @12 pm in Ft. Lauderdale~over and done with in 5min!!~

October 22, 2008: documents for RFE sent via Priority Mail

October 24, 2008: documents received at MO

November 6, 2008: Case transferred to CSC :D

December 10, 2008: EAD approved!! Card production ordered!

Dec. 15, 2008: Rec'd EAD and AP via mail.

March 2, 2009: AOS Approved

March 9, 2009: Green Card Received!!!

March 24, 2020: N400 submitted (online)

January 2021: notice stating no new Biometrics needed

April 15, 2022: Notice to Appear for interview and exam

June 4, 2022: Interview/Exam Day! 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The I-129F form says "List all children of your alien fiancé(e) (if any)" - it doesn't matter if he is planning to bring the child or not - the information on the form needs to be true and accurate -- "YOUR CERTIFICATION: I certify, under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America, that the foregoing is true and correct"

On the I-134, questions are about the income of the US petitioner. Unless you are supporting the child, it makes no difference.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

hmm ok thanks, that's a doubt that I had thanks for your quick response and good luck! ;)

AOS:

August 8, 2008: We're married!! (both the ceremony and legal wedding)

September 11, 2008: Got the marriage certificate in the mail!! 

September 20, 2008: Sent AOS packet (I-485, EAD, AP)

September 22, 2008: USPS confirmed delivery at LockBox

September 26, 2008: Check Cashed!! :)

September 25, 2008: Recv'd date on all NOA's 

September 30, 2008: Received all 3 NOA's: I-485, EAD, AP

Ocotber 10, 2008: RFE for I-485 (needed proof of citizenship for sponsor) :S

October 21, 2008: Biometrics @12 pm in Ft. Lauderdale~over and done with in 5min!!~

October 22, 2008: documents for RFE sent via Priority Mail

October 24, 2008: documents received at MO

November 6, 2008: Case transferred to CSC :D

December 10, 2008: EAD approved!! Card production ordered!

Dec. 15, 2008: Rec'd EAD and AP via mail.

March 2, 2009: AOS Approved

March 9, 2009: Green Card Received!!!

March 24, 2020: N400 submitted (online)

January 2021: notice stating no new Biometrics needed

April 15, 2022: Notice to Appear for interview and exam

June 4, 2022: Interview/Exam Day! 🥳

• 6 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
hello all, I have a quick question, My forgein fiance and I are getting the papers together to send the first packet, but he has a child with another woman whom he never had a relationship with (just a fling, never married, never anything). This all happened prior to our relationship. Anyways he says that he will not be bringing over the child and that she will stay with the mother in Panama. They've already discussed the issue and that's how everything will be. Now my question is, Since he has NO intention of bringing the child over, do i still have to include that info on the I-129F form? Also on the affadavit I-134 affadavit (the one where you have to prove your income) i don't have to mention the child either correct? Hoping to hear from you guys soon. Thanks!

-Michelle

You still have to list all children on the application.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

I also have a child ( who was 20 at the time the petition was filed) who remained back home where she has a job friends relatives etc......I did include her on the paperwork even though we knew she wouldnt be coming for the same reasons as given above....the form says all children.

Good luck !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I agree - answer the question.

I heard the IO at an AOS interview besides us ask the questions about children a couple of times. It seems that the guy said 3, then it came up it was 4....the IO didn't like that.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.