Dolfishvisa

Interview Documents

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

1). When bringing the I-864 form to the interview, should I update it if there is new information (such as a new address etc) or should I print it out & leave it the way we submitted it to the NVC

2). At this point in the year, should we submit tax records for 2019 and 2020 as well, even if we didn't submit these records to the NVC? (the interview is next week)

48 minutes ago, Dolfishvisa said:

1). When bringing the I-864 form to the interview, should I update it if there is new information (such as a new address etc) or should I print it out & leave it the way we submitted it to the NVC

2). At this point in the year, should we submit tax records for 2019 and 2020 as well, even if we didn't submit these records to the NVC? (the interview is next week)

Bring updated I-864 form and 2019 tax documents to the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The USC must update if this is the US address 

so,  CO and border immigration know you will be joining spouse at the correct address

(reason others have misused the system and not joined a fiancee or spouse so they ruin even those of us with good intentions

example a few years ago a VJ member (man) waited at Atlanta airport and his fiancee sent him a text saying immigration put her on a plane to return home

as he was leaving ,  he saw her in another car and was heartbroken

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline

I should have also said Casa wants the documents to be exactly as sent to NVC

they made one woman get the marriage certificate (English one ) redone to show it exactly as the translation the USC scanned to NVC (as we know translations are not word for word in Morocco,  they are not all done the same from each translator )

3 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

I should have also said Casa wants the documents to be exactly as sent to NVC

they made one woman get the marriage certificate (English one ) redone to show it exactly as the translation the USC scanned to NVC (as we know translations are not word for word in Morocco,  they are not all done the same from each translator )

That would only be the case for civil documents and would NOT apply to financial documents, right?

Visa applicant should bring their sponsor's updated I-864 form and 2019 tax documents to the interview.  The sponsor's financial circumstances could have changed from the time they first submitted their documents to NVC.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chancy said:

That would only be the case for civil documents and would NOT apply to financial documents, right?

Visa applicant should bring their sponsor's updated I-864 form and 2019 tax documents to the interview.  The sponsor's financial circumstances could have changed from the time they first submitted their documents to NVC.

Casa is not like other embassies 

Why would the 2019 tax document be updated?   it is the info that was filed from 2019 not 2020

and Casa wants the originals of documents submitted to NVC so he would also have to produce that original / he can take an updated I 864 but still the USC has to change the US address not the Moroccan

2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Why would the 2019 tax document be updated?   it is the info that was filed from 2019 not 2020

and Casa wants the originals of documents submitted to NVC so he would also have to produce that original / he can take an updated I 864 but still the USC has to change the US address not the Moroccan

I meant that they should bring the 2019 tax documents.  OP said they did not submit them to NVC --

18 hours ago, Dolfishvisa said:

2). At this point in the year, should we submit tax records for 2019 and 2020 as well, even if we didn't submit these records to the NVC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.