unique5589

US Embassy in Ghana - CR1/IR1 Experience

155 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, LBX said:

So you are within the processing times for Ghana.  I understand they were scheduling Jan/Feb 2020 DQs for March 2021.  There is one May 2020 DQ outstanding so will monitor that. That will give you the signal you are next.

Based on the times I've seen, it seems that my husband will get an interview either in August 2021 or September 2021.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
27 minutes ago, unique5589 said:

Based on the times I've seen, it seems that my husband will get an interview either in August 2021 or September 2021.

Let's pray it is before June 2021, so your police report does not expire.  Also, they may ask for the DS-260 to be resubmitted if it is more than a year old. 

07 Nov 2019 - IR-1 Submittes Online / Priority Date
17 July 2020 - I-130 Approval Notice (Nebraska Service Center)
15 Sept 2020* - Submitted documents to NVC
01 Oct 2020 -  Case FE Review note: Request to submit marriage termination document.
01 Oct 2020 -  Spouse divorce papers submitted
01 Oct 2020 - DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED

Notes:
* Foreign police clearance lost by Fedex - delayed submission to NVC by 6 weeks. 

35 minutes ago, LBX said:

Let's pray it is before June 2021, so your police report does not expire.  Also, they may ask for the DS-260 to be resubmitted if it is more than a year old. 

My goodness! I hope it's before June 2021 because that's more work for my husband and I.

Timeline

Today there were 5 interviews (4 CR1/IR1 and one K1) recorded. All approved.

Congratulations to those that have made it!

01 Oct 2020 -  Case FE Review note: Request to submit marriage termination document.

Notes:
* Foreign police clearance lost by Fedex - delayed submission to NVC by 6 weeks. 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, unique5589 said:

Congrats to those that have made it.

How are you getting this info?

I go through the Ghana timelines regularly and sometimes contact individuals that may not have updated their timelines to do so.  Some people can't be bothered to update their timelines so I PM them directly to get information.  

You can check this link with some of the updated timelines.

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op66=All&op7=Ghana&op1=3&op2=&dfile=No&i129prem=All&i140prem=All&op3=&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=

I hope you find it useful. 

I will soon be after you to update your timeline 😁😅

Notes:

9 minutes ago, LBX said:

I go through the Ghana timelines regularly and sometimes contact individuals that may not have updated their timelines to do so.  Some people can't be bothered to update their timelines so I PM them directly to get information.  

You can check this link with some of the updated timelines.

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op66=All&op7=Ghana&op1=3&op2=&dfile=No&i129prem=All&i140prem=All&op3=&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=

I hope you find it useful. 

I will soon be after you to update your timeline 😁😅

Good looking out. Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi Ghana filers! Do you all know if the "one year contact rule" for NVC is by priority date, or DQ? Our PD is Feb 19th, 2020 and we were DQ'd at NVC 19th May. I would assume it's the 19th May date, but I'd like to be sure. Have any of you contacted NVC? (Also, have any of you tried to contact the embassy in Accra?) 

This is getting REALLY tough, I hope to hear some news soon, and I wish the same for all of you! 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, knmuffin said:

Hi Ghana filers! Do you all know if the "one year contact rule" for NVC is by priority date, or DQ? Our PD is Feb 19th, 2020 and we were DQ'd at NVC 19th May. I would assume it's the 19th May date, but I'd like to be sure. Have any of you contacted NVC? (Also, have any of you tried to contact the embassy in Accra?) 

This is getting REALLY tough, I hope to hear some news soon, and I wish the same for all of you! 

Here is part of a message I got from the NVC:

IMPORTANT:

Do not let more than one year pass without contacting the NVC concerning this visa petition. If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact (by telephone, mail, or e-mail) with the NVC, all submitted fees and documents expire. If this occurs, the fees must be paid again and documents must be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

Notes:

I am in the US and my husband is applying for a CR1 spouse visa in Ghana. We got his original interview date in April 2020 which got cancelled due to COVID and rescheduled for August. That also then got cancelled. The first week of January 2021 we finally got a new date for March 2021. Hopefully for people with similar timelines as us will get new dates soon!!

Just now, Zoe B said:

I am in the US and my husband is applying for a CR1 spouse visa in Ghana. We got his original interview date in April 2020 which got cancelled due to COVID and rescheduled for August. That also then got cancelled. The first week of January 2021 we finally got a new date for March 2021. Hopefully for people with similar timelines as us will get new dates soon!!

Awesome! Congrats on the interview date. When was your case DQ'ed at the National Visa Center?

Just now, unique5589 said:

Did you have to re-submit the DS-260?

yep! he got an email just 2 days ago that asked to resubmit it. i did it yesterday. you just have to go do your account and go thru the DS260 thats already submitted and edit anything and then E-sign and its submitted to the embassy again. super easy although i got nervous when we got the email!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.