unique5589

US Embassy in Ghana - CR1/IR1 Experience

155 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, LBX said:

Check out the link.

Ahh okay. I've heard incidences like this before, where the petitioner can request an expedited interview for medical or financial reasons. Unfortunately, I am not going through anything medical or financial that would justify an expedited interview.

2 hours ago, unique5589 said:

Hello,

Personally, I haven't heard from the NVC or US Embassy in Ghana. I also haven't contacted the NVC lately, as it's futile at this point. There's a group on Facebook called Visa Journey. In this group, people from all over the world share their US visa/immigration experience. No one from Ghana has made a post in this Facebook group. However, there was a comment made in this FB group that resonated with me. When I find that comment, I will copy and paste it here.

I hope you and your family are in good health.

This is the Facebook comment:

Spousal visa priority scheduling due to Covid19:

1. Already scheduled for interviews prior to Covid and were cancelled. They will reschedule those first.

2. Then they will schedule those that were already at the embassy waiting to be scheduled for interviews but the embassy closed so they could not be scheduled.

3. Then there were many DQ in March before the shutdown and were unable to be sent to the embassy because it closed. They will send those and schedule those third.

4. Then they will begin to send cases to their embassy who were DQ shortly after the shut down in March. They will send those to the embassy in order of receiving DQ. So they will go through those with DQ dates from the embassy closure to current in order.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
45 minutes ago, unique5589 said:

This is the Facebook comment:

Spousal visa priority scheduling due to Covid19:

1. Already scheduled for interviews prior to Covid and were cancelled. They will reschedule those first.

2. Then they will schedule those that were already at the embassy waiting to be scheduled for interviews but the embassy closed so they could not be scheduled.

3. Then there were many DQ in March before the shutdown and were unable to be sent to the embassy because it closed. They will send those and schedule those third.

4. Then they will begin to send cases to their embassy who were DQ shortly after the shut down in March. They will send those to the embassy in order of receiving DQ. So they will go through those with DQ dates from the embassy closure to current in order.

Thanks. Looks like a long wait for me that was DQ'd Oct 1st.

07 Nov 2019 - IR-1 Submittes Online / Priority Date
17 July 2020 - I-130 Approval Notice (Nebraska Service Center)
15 Sept 2020* - Submitted documents to NVC
01 Oct 2020 -  Case FE Review note: Request to submit marriage termination document.
01 Oct 2020 -  Spouse divorce papers submitted
01 Oct 2020 - DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED

Notes:
* Foreign police clearance lost by Fedex - delayed submission to NVC by 6 weeks. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 12:50 PM, LBX said:

Thanks. Looks like a long wait for me that was DQ'd Oct 1st.

It seems like a long wait for me as well. Nigeria and Zambia seem to be issuing visas. In both cases, I’ve read that wives of US citizens received their visas to travel to the USA. The wife in Nigeria had to get a waiver because of the ban against Nigeria. The lady in Zambia had her visa expedited but she didn’t provide a reason for the expedite. As for Ghana, I haven’t heard anyone receiving a visa just yet. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, unique5589 said:

It seems like a long wait for me as well. Nigeria and Zambia seem to be issuing visas. In both cases, I’ve read that wives of US citizens received their visas to travel to the USA. The wife in Nigeria had to get a waiver because of the ban against Nigeria. The lady in Zambia had her visa expedited but she didn’t provide a reason for the expedite. As for Ghana, I haven’t heard anyone receiving a visa just yet. 

This is sad. 

01 Oct 2020 -  Case FE Review note: Request to submit marriage termination document.

Notes:
* Foreign police clearance lost by Fedex - delayed submission to NVC by 6 weeks. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 9/27/2020 at 12:45 AM, unique5589 said:

Thank you. I’ll also keep in touch if I hear anything. 

Happy New Year!  A member with DQ 2019-12-07 has interview scheduled for 2021-02-03.

Have you been scheduled yet?

Notes:

Timeline
On 9/22/2020 at 11:06 PM, Three said:

I became documentarily qualified in Dec 2019 and heard from the Ghanaian embassy in Feb 2020 that I had been scheduled for my interview in March. However due to covid and subsequent closure of the embassy my March interview was canceled . I however received a mail for rescheduling of the interview for a date in August and this date was later canceled with the embassy not sure about the resumption of routine services. Hope this helps. 

Happy New Year! Any news on your interview? 

Notes:

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Three said:

Many happy returns.. haven’t bn on here in a while.. yes finally I’ve bn scheduled for February. 

Yay!  I heard of someone with DQ 2019-12-07 scheduled for 2021-02•03. So decided to check on you.  Wish you all the best.

Edited by LBX

Notes:

I read on the Embassy's FB page that they've resumed limited services. I still haven't heard anything, however, I'm going to request an expedite because I will be stationed outside of the USA this year. I'm a service member. I was DQ'ed in June 2020.

Timeline
1 minute ago, unique5589 said:

I read on the Embassy's FB page that they've resumed limited services. I still haven't heard anything, however, I'm going to request an expedite because I will be stationed outside of the USA this year. I'm a service member. I was DQ'ed in June 2020.

Two CR/IR-1's  with DQ's from Dec 2019 were just scheduled for interviews in Feb 2021.  There is also a K-1 with DQ  Feb 2020 and an IR-3 with DQ March 2020 that are scheduled for March 2021 interviews. So there is some movement.

I was DQ'ed October 2020. So we have some time to wait barring an expedite. I am trying another expedite based on medical reasons for my daughter. Wish you the best with your expedite.

Notes:

5 minutes ago, LBX said:

Two CR/IR-1's  with DQ's from Dec 2019 were just scheduled for interviews in Feb 2021.  There is also a K-1 with DQ  Feb 2020 and an IR-3 with DQ March 2020 that are scheduled for March 2021 interviews. So there is some movement.

I was DQ'ed October 2020. So we have some time to wait barring an expedite. I am trying another expedite based on medical reasons for my daughter. Wish you the best with your expedite.

I also wish you the best with your expedite. I really hope they grant me my expedite.

Timeline
On 1/18/2021 at 10:10 PM, unique5589 said:

I also wish you the best with your expedite. I really hope they grant me my expedite.

Just got an email from NVC that the embassy has accepted my expedite request. 🙏🏼

Notes:

1 minute ago, LBX said:

Just got an email from NVC that the embassy has accepted my expedite request. 🙏🏼

That is fantastic! Congratulations! When did you put in the request and how long did it take them to process/accept it? When is your interview date? I will be putting my request in either today or tomorrow. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, unique5589 said:

That is fantastic! Congratulations! When did you put in the request and how long did it take them to process/accept it? When is your interview date? I will be putting my request in either today or tomorrow. 

Thanks!

Request sent 2021-01-07

Acknowledged: 2021-01-13

Approved: 2021-01-19

Their email says my file will be forwarded to the embassy immediately and the embassy will then schedule me for the interview.  Part of the email says:

"Please note that it could take up to two weeks for the U.S. Embassy or Consulate to receive the case file once it has shipped from NVC."

I just checked my account and it still says "At NVC".  So I guess I need to be patient.

Notes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.