unique5589

US Embassy in Ghana - CR1/IR1 Experience

155 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Just to let you know that I got a message that the US Embassy in Accra resumed services today. 

As for my own journey, NVC contacted me today to request one more document which I submitted immediately. 

So we know NVC is still processing applications.  

Hopefully interviews for you all will be scheduled soon. 

07 Nov 2019 - IR-1 Submittes Online / Priority Date
17 July 2020 - I-130 Approval Notice (Nebraska Service Center)
15 Sept 2020* - Submitted documents to NVC
01 Oct 2020 -  Case FE Review note: Request to submit marriage termination document.
01 Oct 2020 -  Spouse divorce papers submitted
01 Oct 2020 - DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED

Notes:
* Foreign police clearance lost by Fedex - delayed submission to NVC by 6 weeks. 

6 minutes ago, LBX said:

Just to let you know that I got a message that the US Embassy in Accra resumed services today. 

As for my own journey, NVC contacted me today to request one more document which I submitted immediately. 

I also read on the US Embassy in Ghana website that they're resuming services, however, I read that these services are consular services for US citizens. https://gh.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/

On the Embassy website, it still says that they haven't resumed normal immigration services. https://gh.usembassy.gov/visas/

Perhaps this message is old and they'd change it.

I've contacted the NVC in the last month, and they're definitely active. The customer service representative at NVC told me when I called that they can't do anything for my case since the Embassy isn't processing my visa type. My case has already been documentarily qualified. I'm just waiting on the Embassy in Ghana.

At any rate, thank you for updating us, and hopefully you will hear great news about your visa process. I'll also keep you guys updated if I hear anything on my end.

Timeline
12 hours ago, LBX said:

DQ'd - 01 Oct 2020

01 Oct 2020 -  Case FE Review note: Request to submit marriage termination document.

Notes:
* Foreign police clearance lost by Fedex - delayed submission to NVC by 6 weeks. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, unique5589 said:

I forgot to ask, how did you get a message saying that they resumed services? 

By Email from ACSAccra@state.gov

------------------

Message for U.S. Citizens: Resumption of Routine Consular Services for U.S. Citizens

ACSAccra@state.gov
Thu, Oct 1, 11:24 AM (14 hours ago)

Customer Service Announcement – Resumption of Routine Consular Services for U.S. Citizens

The U.S. Embassy in Accra resumed routine consular services for U.S. citizens on October 1, 2020, including passport services, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBAs), and notarial services.

To schedule an appointment, please follow this link: https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/default.asp?postcode=ACC&appcode=1.  Appointments are offered based on the consular section’s available staffing resources. If you are unable to schedule an appointment, please check back later.  Additional appointment slots will open on a regular basis.

Please note that the consular section has implemented COVID-19 related health and safety protocols that include hand washing stations, mandatory use of face coverings, and limiting the number of applicants permitted inside our customer service area at any given time. 

Visit the embassy’s website for more information on the services available to U.S. citizens in Ghana: https://gh.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/.

Notes:

3 minutes ago, LBX said:

By Email from ACSAccra@state.gov

------------------

Message for U.S. Citizens: Resumption of Routine Consular Services for U.S. Citizens

ACSAccra@state.gov
Thu, Oct 1, 11:24 AM (14 hours ago)

Customer Service Announcement – Resumption of Routine Consular Services for U.S. Citizens

The U.S. Embassy in Accra resumed routine consular services for U.S. citizens on October 1, 2020, including passport services, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBAs), and notarial services.

To schedule an appointment, please follow this link: https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/default.asp?postcode=ACC&appcode=1.  Appointments are offered based on the consular section’s available staffing resources. If you are unable to schedule an appointment, please check back later.  Additional appointment slots will open on a regular basis.

Please note that the consular section has implemented COVID-19 related health and safety protocols that include hand washing stations, mandatory use of face coverings, and limiting the number of applicants permitted inside our customer service area at any given time. 

Visit the embassy’s website for more information on the services available to U.S. citizens in Ghana: https://gh.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/.

Ahh okay. That seems to be the same message posted on their website. I mentioned earlier in a post that it seems to be only services for US citizens (i.e they’re not resuming immigration services just yet. :()

I went to check the appointment calendar. They only say they’re operating for the month of October is on Thursdays, and so far, Thursdays are all booked. 

Edited by unique5589

Timeline
1 minute ago, unique5589 said:

Ahh okay. That seems to be the same message posted on their website. I mentioned earlier in a post that it seems to be only services for US citizens (i.e they’re not resuming immigration services just yet. :()

I went to check the appointment calendar. They only say they’re operating for the month of October is on Thursdays, and so far, Thursdays are all booked. 

I believe you are correct - it's only services for USCs.  But at least the embassy is open.  So hopefully visa interviews will start this month. 

Notes:

Greetings,

The US Embassy in Ghana recently made this announcement on their FB page:

ATTENTION: The Embassy is now processing expired immigrant visas. If your immigrant visa was issued before April 23, 2020 and expired before you were able to immigrate to the United States, please email consularaccra@state.gov. Include your case number (beginning with ACC) and full name. Once your email is received, you will be contacted with next steps. Please note that while we are processing expired immigrant visas, the Embassy has not resumed routine visa appointments. If you have already contacted the embassy regarding your expired immigrant visa, you DO NOT need to send another email.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi … anyone have any updates?  I read on another thread where someone DQ'd in August 2020 got an expedited interview for yesterday. At least, we now know US Embassy is interviewing.

Notes:

1 hour ago, LBX said:

Hi … anyone have any updates?  I read on another thread where someone DQ'd in August 2020 got an expedited interview for yesterday. At least, we now know US Embassy is interviewing.

Hello,

Personally, I haven't heard from the NVC or US Embassy in Ghana. I also haven't contacted the NVC lately, as it's futile at this point. There's a group on Facebook called Visa Journey. In this group, people from all over the world share their US visa/immigration experience. No one from Ghana has made a post in this Facebook group. However, there was a comment made in this FB group that resonated with me. When I find that comment, I will copy and paste it here.

I hope you and your family are in good health.

2 hours ago, LBX said:

I forgot to ask. How did that person get an expedited interview? (i.e. What's the reason the embassy decided to expedite the interview?)

Timeline
1 hour ago, unique5589 said:

I forgot to ask. How did that person get an expedited interview? (i.e. What's the reason the embassy decided to expedite the interview?)

Check out the link.

Notes:

Timeline

Here also.

Notes:

Timeline

Hello,

Personally, I haven't heard from the NVC or US Embassy in Ghana. I also haven't contacted the NVC lately, as it's futile at this point. There's a group on Facebook called Visa Journey. In this group, people from all over the world share their US visa/immigration experience. No one from Ghana has made a post in this Facebook group. However, there was a comment made in this FB group that resonated with me. When I find that comment, I will copy and paste it here.

I hope you and your family are in good health.

Sorry … missed your last comment. We are all doing well thanks. Fortunately my husband is still around. My best to you and your family as well.

Notes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.