unique5589

US Embassy in Ghana - CR1/IR1 Experience

155 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 9/22/2020 at 11:06 PM, Three said:

I became documentarily qualified in Dec 2019 and heard from the Ghanaian embassy in Feb 2020 that I had been scheduled for my interview in March. However due to covid and subsequent closure of the embassy my March interview was canceled . I however received a mail for rescheduling of the interview for a date in August and this date was later canceled with the embassy not sure about the resumption of routine services. Hope this helps. 

On 9/22/2020 at 7:09 PM, unique5589 said:

What's been your experience with the US Embassy regarding CR1/IR1 visas during COVID-19?

My husband's documents were qualified July 2020, however, the US Embassy in Ghana has not resumed regular visa services. According to their website, they're providing some visa services, but it doesn't appear that they're processing family-based visas. I haven't been able to reach the US Embassy to speak to someone there. I called the NVC, and they only thing they're telling me is that when the US Embassy in Ghana resumes processing my visa type (IR1), they will send over my info at the Embassy's request.

I'm starting this thread just to hear about the experiences of others regarding this topic.

Hello how are you doing how long did it take your i130 to be approved thank you I’m from Ghana

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 minutes ago, more00 said:

Hello how are you doing how long did it take your i130 to be approved thank you I’m from Ghana

Took me 8 months.

07 Nov 2019 - IR-1 Submittes Online / Priority Date
17 July 2020 - I-130 Approval Notice (Nebraska Service Center)
15 Sept 2020* - Submitted documents to NVC
01 Oct 2020 -  Case FE Review note: Request to submit marriage termination document.
01 Oct 2020 -  Spouse divorce papers submitted
01 Oct 2020 - DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED

Notes:
* Foreign police clearance lost by Fedex - delayed submission to NVC by 6 weeks. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, LBX said:

Took me 8 months.

Ooh okay are you from Ghana it’s been 6 months now and still waiting for it to be approved and one thing please how will I know if someone is working on my case

Timeline
15 minutes ago, unique5589 said:

Hello there! I took my i-130 about 9 months to be approved. I started in Jan 2019. 

That’s long it’s been 6 months now and still waiting for approval I’m from Ghana

Timeline
1 minute ago, more00 said:

Ooh okay are you from Ghana it’s been 6 months now and still waiting for it to be approved and one thing please how will I know if someone is working on my case

Yes, I am from Ghana. For Ghana, it has been about 8 to 10 months for I-130 approval. 

I have never figured out when someone is working on my case. Others are able to see when their case has been touched. BTW, I filed my I-130 online.

01 Oct 2020 -  Case FE Review note: Request to submit marriage termination document.

Notes:
* Foreign police clearance lost by Fedex - delayed submission to NVC by 6 weeks. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, LBX said:

Yes, I am from Ghana. For Ghana, it has been about 8 to 10 months for I-130 approval. 

I have never figured out when someone is working on my case. Others are able to see when their case has been touched. BTW, I filed my I-130 online.

Okay thank you very much still waiting for approval and hope it comes soon and hope everything works out for you and you get your Visa 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, more00 said:

Okay thank you very much still waiting for approval and hope it comes soon and hope everything works out for you and you get your Visa 

This is what it says case was received and is an receipt notice was emailed

Timeline

Thank you. I think you should be approved by February or lasted March. So you are very close. You may want to start planning on getting your police reports especially if you spent more than 6 months outside Ghana. 

All the best.

Notes:

Timeline
1 minute ago, LBX said:

Thank you. I think you should be approved by February or lasted March. So you are very close. You may want to start planning on getting your police reports especially if you spent more than 6 months outside Ghana. 

All the best.

Okay thank you what kind of documents did you need to get when you get to NVC can you inbox me your phone number for us to talk properly we will be friends 

Timeline

Okay thank you what kind of documents did you need to get when you get to NVC can you inbox me your phone number for us to talk properly we will be friends 

No problem. I will inbox you my husband's number. He put most of the documents together for me. 

Notes:

Timeline
Just now, LBX said:

No problem. I will inbox you my husband's number. He put most of the documents together for me. 

Ooh okay thank you will be happy to talk to him my wife is in the US with this virus going on thing are bad and hope everything works for everyone we been waiting for long

Timeline
2 minutes ago, more00 said:

Ooh okay thank you will be happy to talk to him my wife is in the US with this virus going on thing are bad and hope everything works for everyone we been waiting for long

Me too. I hope it works out for everyone. The embassy just started scheduling interviews again. So people that were DQ'd (that is passed through NVC screening) in December 2019 are only just been scheduled for interviews this February. It has been tough.

Notes:

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 1:26 AM, LBX said:

Me too. I hope it works out for everyone. The embassy just started scheduling interviews again. So people that were DQ'd (that is passed through NVC screening) in December 2019 are only just been scheduled for interviews this February. It has been tough.

@LBX please do you have any link that can direct me to the info that states they are scheduling interviews. I’ve searched and can’t find anything. 

Timeline
On 9/22/2020 at 7:09 PM, unique5589 said:

What's been your experience with the US Embassy regarding CR1/IR1 visas during COVID-19?

My husband's documents were qualified July 2020, however, the US Embassy in Ghana has not resumed regular visa services. According to their website, they're providing some visa services, but it doesn't appear that they're processing family-based visas. I haven't been able to reach the US Embassy to speak to someone there. I called the NVC, and they only thing they're telling me is that when the US Embassy in Ghana resumes processing my visa type (IR1), they will send over my info at the Embassy's request.

I'm starting this thread just to hear about the experiences of others regarding this topic.

How many months did they approve your I130 please it’s been 6 months and I’m still waiting 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.