Kethnthai

Waiting for medical exam but now pregnant

7 posts in this topic

My wife had to postpone embassy interview because of medical exam. December 2019 my wife went to get embassy medical exam but her xray shows abnormal scaring and was taking TB medicine. The hospital said she had to wait 1year after tb treatment. Jan9 she can get a new medical exam after sputum test. 

Now we are 1 month pregnant. We want to have the baby in the US but are concerned about the waiting time for medical exam and reschedule of embassy interview. That it may be to late to fly from Thailand to US. 

3 hours ago, Kethnthai said:

Now we are 1 month pregnant. We want to have the baby in the US but are concerned about the waiting time for medical exam and reschedule of embassy interview.

You can certain ask if there is a medical concern, but otherwise pregnancy, in and of itself, is not a reason to expedite.  

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

2 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

You can certain ask if there is a medical concern, but otherwise pregnancy, in and of itself, is not a reason to expedite.  

We already had a interview appointment Jan 6 2020. But had to postpone because hospital required 1year wait after tb treatment. 

Embassy said can reschedule interview date after medical exam is completed wich may be late Feb or early march. 

I'm wondering if somehow the hospital can do the exam a couple of months earlier. The hospital goes off of the cdc rules. I was trying to search of any rules pertains to pregnancy and leaniancy. After all her xray shows scar tissue but her sputum test was negative. After 6 months of antibiotics for precaution her end lab results conclude scar tissue on lung not from tb. 

1 minute ago, Kethnthai said:

I was trying to search of any rules pertains to pregnancy and leaniancy.

There aren't any pregnancy exceptions - other than health concerns for the mother or child.  If there were expectations for being pregnant everyone would get pregnant to come quickly. 

There are reasons you can use to move it along such as your need to get back to the US, offered a job there, etc.  Someone from Thailand or Vietnam recently got a DCF moved along because the Petitioner was older and COVID presented a risk.

YMMV

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

Looking at you other posts - you are going to have to wait until medically cleared.   There isn't any shortcut around that since the panel physician isn't clearing her medical

23 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

There aren't any pregnancy exceptions - other than health concerns for the mother or child.  If there were expectations for being pregnant everyone would get pregnant to come quickly. 

There are reasons you can use to move it along such as your need to get back to the US, offered a job there, etc.  Someone from Thailand or Vietnam recently got a DCF moved along because the Petitioner was older and COVID presented a risk.

YMMV

They won't waive the TB requirements for normal expedite reasons or pregnancy.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.