Ladooz

Mumbai Consulate Interview - IR1/CR1

1,239 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Simranjot Singh said:

Thanks but someone sent me the following link 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/one-month-extension-of-immigrant-visa-medical-examinations.html#:~:text=Immigrant visas are limited to,a maximum of six months.

not sure is it for 6 months or  a year 

3 minutes ago, Anynonmus said:

yes it is valid for 6 months and PCC is valid for 1 year

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Just FYI for couples separated by the pandemic, the American partner can come to India on spouse visa (only tourist visas are not allowed afaik). The application is very easy, we made ours in the New York embassy and we got it on the same day (we had an emergency but in general it wont take more than a week or so). The Indian consulate website don't seem to have this info.

Just wanted to share in case anybody was exploring this option during the brutal wait for the IR1/CR1.

Cheers!

On 4/16/2021 at 11:40 AM, DesiGirlChicago said:

So we came to Mumbai for Medicals, BioMetric and Visa Interview and got stuck in the Covid. Luckily, our Medical and BioMetric were not effected as most of the offices are open in Mumbai. Consulate has cancelled 'most' of the interviews after 12 April to May end.

At his BioMetric my hubby met a guy whose interview was on 15th Apr and it was NOT impacted - reason ? He was qualified as 'emergency'. He was an F1 student and has 60 days limit to reach US to continue his course. An F1 can be considered an emergency but not us came as a setback to us.

Nevertheless, I visited the Consulate on my scheduled (but cancelled) appointment and requested to allow for an interview. It was futile and I will not suggest anyone as the guys who are at gates are tasked to dis-allow anyone whose name is not in the printed list they carry each morning. 

We are at the last step now so the emotions are mixed up. We have earlier faced almost an year of forced separation and can still survive the 1-2 months of further delay. Am lucky to be with him now here in India and he is lucky to work from home for a good IT company. 

Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting. We are utilizing this time to spend good time for family/relatives, plan for future and re-skill for the upcoming time so to have better and stable jobs in future.

Wish all of you a healthy time and to remain hopeful and smiling. Good time will come. Apna Time Aayega.

Really happy that you are with you husband now..

Wish you good luck...

Could you please share your experience at medical examination 

18 hours ago, Syeda96 said:

Really happy that you are with you husband now..

Wish you good luck...

Could you please share your experience at medical examination 

My husband went to Rele Clinic in Mumbai. It is really a small clinic, no idea how they select panel hospitals as there are mega hospitals and clinics across India and only 5-6 are on the US visa panel. Anyways, my husband made it a point that he is afraid of covid so will like to do things fast if possible. The staff was really helpful in all perspective. Blood, Urine, Visual, X ray tests were done. Then came physical examination in which he was examined without clothes (only shorts to stay) as if they were looking for something special on his body like aliens. LoL. 

Since he was not carrying any history of vaccines, 4 vaccines shots were granted to him:). Around 23K of total charges. 

After a day the vaccines brought irritation, sore arm and little fever to him which lasted like 24 hours or so. He is quite well build though, just to say. Took Paracetamol.

Clinic has given the payment receipts immediately and on email they sent the information sheet (PDF) about the test. We need to carry these proofs to the consulate (for interview).

Let me know if anything else you need.

Edited by DesiGirlChicago
grammar

8 hours ago, DesiGirlChicago said:

My husband went to Rele Clinic in Mumbai. It is really a small clinic, no idea how they select panel hospitals as there are mega hospitals and clinics across India and only 5-6 are on the US visa panel. Anyways, my husband made it a point that he is afraid of covid so will like to do things fast if possible. The staff was really helpful in all perspective. Blood, Urine, Visual, X ray tests were done. Then came physical examination in which he was examined without clothes (only shorts to stay) as if they were looking for something special on his body like aliens. LoL. 

Since he was not carrying any history of vaccines, 4 vaccines shots were granted to him:). Around 23K of total charges. 

After a day the vaccines brought irritation, sore arm and little fever to him which lasted like 24 hours or so. He is quite well build though, just to say. Took Paracetamol.

Clinic has given the payment receipts immediately and on email they sent the information sheet (PDF) about the test. We need to carry these proofs to the consulate (for interview).

Let me know if anything else you need.

Thank you so much for Sharing your experience in detail...

This will really help a lot..

Was your husband not given a CD??

And did they mention any expiration date on the information  sheet (PDF you recieved) or how long will these medicals remain valid??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Tvaya7 said:

same on may 7? is it also 7:30am for you?

Did they give you date in the email or did you schedule it? We are trying to call because the website says no appointments available 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.