travusb

K1s being rescheduled

241 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Papercutter said:

My case has been touched. Last updated Jan 26 2021, though no status update.  It's... something?

Same here! The others whose cases also moved to the embassy on Dec 8th also got date changes yesterday to Jan 26th. 

according to the Canadian Spousal and K1 Visa FB group, that’s supposed to indicate the sending of P3. I’m hoping this means we’re getting P3 soon and they’re finally looking at K1 cases again

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Chipper15 said:

Where or how do you know that?

just on the CEAC website?

@Chipper15 @pooj97 How do you know your cases have been “touched”? Did you receive an email? If so from whom?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Chica&Ace said:

@Chipper15 @pooj97 How do you know your cases have been “touched”? Did you receive an email? If so from whom?

This is something you’d look for at the embassy stage. Once your case reaches the embassy, the status on CEAC not only changes to “Ready” but you can also see a Case Created and Case Last Updated dates and if those change. Usually, every time they look at your case at the consulate, your “Case Last Updated” changes.

This picture from Google shows the two date changes. From what I’ve seen, having the second date change means P3 should come soon (according to pre-Covid timelines, let’s see how it is now)

86A50041-C4B2-4F3C-B274-9719F70E9C19.jpeg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, pooj97 said:

This is something you’d look for at the embassy stage. Once your case reaches the embassy, the status on CEAC not only changes to “Ready” but you can also see a Case Created and Case Last Updated dates and if those change. Usually, every time they look at your case at the consulate, your “Case Last Updated” changes.

This picture from Google shows the two date changes. From what I’ve seen, having the second date change means P3 should come soon (according to pre-Covid timelines, let’s see how it is now)

86A50041-C4B2-4F3C-B274-9719F70E9C19.jpeg

Awesome!

Thanks for that update. Our case is still at NVC so we dont have that yet.

Someone at MTL must be alive (unless its just the computers messing around)...

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Chipper15 said:

Awesome!

Thanks for that update. Our case is still at NVC so we dont have that yet.

Someone at MTL must be alive (unless its just the computers messing around)...

I don’t think it’s computer stuff. Everyone I know whose cases got to the consulate with mine in December got date changes yesterday too. 

Someone’s alive!! 🙂

now I just hope they actually do something with it and send our P3’s too. Maybe once enough people send P3’s back, they’ll start scheduling K1’s again 

Timeline
On 1/8/2021 at 3:25 PM, pooj97 said:

Unfortunately there’s been no movement with K1’s lately. Idk what’s going on but it seems like they’ve paused completely while they are continuing with CR1/IR1. My case was one of

those sent on Dec 8th but no movement since then except first Ready status. Even though the consulate’s website says they are still continuing K1 visas on a limited basis, it’s quite clear they have in fact paused processing for reasons we don’t know. I recommend you to comment on their social media 

I just sent in Packet 3 last night. We'll see how it takes to get Packet 4

Timeline
15 hours ago, Papercutter said:

I just received a message from my fiance that my P3 letter showed up in the mail on their side, dated Jan 26, 2021. 

It's time to send it in.

Great news!! Are you the beneficiary or petitioner? Are you saying that your petitioner got it in the mail?

Timeline
2 hours ago, pooj97 said:

Great news!! Are you the beneficiary or petitioner? Are you saying that your petitioner got it in the mail?

Yeah the petitioner received their mail before I did. I haven't received a letter yet.

Edited by Papercutter

Timeline

For those of you getting movement on your cases of late, what were your NOA2 dates? Mine is April 28 but the NVC didn't make my case on their side until June 15. Do we know how long it takes between P3 being sent back and P4 received? How far out are the interviews being scheduled?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.