travusb

K1s being rescheduled

241 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I was one of the many who had their rescheduled K1 interview today and happy to report it went well!

If anyone wants any specifics on what they asked or how the process went please ask!

Overall the entire thing took me less than an hour. Quickest interview ever in my life 😂

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Chipper15 said:

Any news or progress on new interviews at MTL?

Some new ones have been scheduled for far for November 4th and 16th.

These are ones that have been at the embassy  before shut down but did not get canceled. They were either waiting to be scheduled, waiting for P4's, and some have reported getting P3's.

This week the cancelled and rescheduled interviews started this past Monday and Today. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, ashley_ann said:

Some new ones have been scheduled for far for November 4th and 16th.

These are ones that have been at the embassy  before shut down but did not get canceled. They were either waiting to be scheduled, waiting for P4's, and some have reported getting P3's.

This week the cancelled and rescheduled interviews started this past Monday and Today. 

Thanks!

Thats good news.

Looks like there are at least 21 more at embassy waiting for scheduling.

Then NVC will hopefully start mailing again!

"Keep on waiting, waiting..." 🎶

Timeline

Hi everyone: Hoping some will get good news. As an update, here are September's numbers for K1 in Montreal. 😶

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/nonimmigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-nonimmigrant-visa-issuances.html

image.png.07f91ccd14d66429ef259f9b4651aa1b.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chica&Ace said:

Hi everyone: Hoping some will get good news. As an update, here are September's numbers for K1 in Montreal. 😶

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/nonimmigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-nonimmigrant-visa-issuances.html

image.png.07f91ccd14d66429ef259f9b4651aa1b.png

Hmm... well i guess 9 is better than 0!

Thanks for that link!

Timeline
On 10/19/2020 at 12:47 PM, Rlewis said:

Hi everyone!

I was one of the many who had their rescheduled K1 interview today and happy to report it went well!

If anyone wants any specifics on what they asked or how the process went please ask!

Overall the entire thing took me less than an hour. Quickest interview ever in my life 😂

I'd love to know what kinds of questions they asked and how the process went! My fiance's interview is on Tuesday!

Timeline
17 hours ago, Sunny_Skies said:

I'd love to know what kinds of questions they asked and how the process went! My fiance's interview is on Tuesday!

For sure! I am going to copy what I posted on the facebook K1/Spouse visa group and paste it here to explain how my experience went.

We cannot go into the building until our designated appointment time and a security called us by name. He asked basic COVID questions (have you travelled outside of Canada last 14 days, do you have any symptoms etc.)

Once you’re through you go through X-ray scanning and leave behind any electronics in a locker they provide for you with a key.

Went up to my first window and I was asked for the same documents!
-Proof of payment for the fee
-Passport and photocopy
-birth certificate and photocopy
- I-134 and any supporting documents (I had tax transcripts, w-2 and PSMC)
-police certificates
-letter of intent
-the medical (if you have physical version)
- and two 2x2 photos!
Oh and did fingerprinting scans as well! Because I had a physical medical I got to keep the xtra scans CD with me. Oh, they did ask if this was my first marriage for either of us.

Then I was asked to sit down and they will call you by your name for the interview section. By this point I saw maybe 5 other people there at the time. I got called to a very nice lady who simply had me take an oath that everything and anything I gave them or state is true. Then I signed it with my fingerprint scans. She reiterated again if this was my first marriage as they had to make sure to give us pamphlets about domestic abuse and such. Then she asked me how we met, and what my fiancé does for a living and if I’ve ever been arrested or gotten in to trouble anywhere at all.

I was not asked for any proof of relationship, or any photos or proof of continued relationship. However I had it all ready if they were to ask me.

Received my pink slip and instructions on how to check the status of my passport being mailed back to my designated Canada post office!

======

Hope that helps! and good luck to your partner!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
4 hours ago, U2k said:

Hi guys, can someone help us. We are using a co sponsor, but my fiance is doing  i134 also. He got laid off cause of covid, he is claiming unemployment now, what do we  put on Part 3 on the employment part? N/a? Or we leave it blank? Thanks 

Just put something like "N/A" or "Unemployed". A human is going to review your paperwork, they should understand.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
8 hours ago, Chica&Ace said:

October’s numbers are encouraging. Any news from other K1 Canadians?

4BE0147B-B678-4784-B245-DCE07E43EC91.jpeg

Had my K1 interview November 18th and was approved! Visa just got issued 😊

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
11 minutes ago, MPeter said:

If my case was approved by USCIS and sent to NVC in August 2020, then when should I expect movement on my case?

Expect to have a long wait. My case was approved in early April and has been at NVC ever since. NVC has said they still have not heard from Montreal about requesting new K1 cases but since Montreal has finished all rescheduled interviews and almost finished K1 interviews for cases that reached the consulate before Covid, I’m feeling kinda hopeful for January. They’ve definitely slowed down compared to the rate at whcih they were scheduling interviews in Sept - mid Nov but since November 16th they have not given out new dates for K1 interviews. I’m praying that they get started again soon

Timeline
23 hours ago, pooj97 said:

Expect to have a long wait. My case was approved in early April and has been at NVC ever since. NVC has said they still have not heard from Montreal about requesting new K1 cases but since Montreal has finished all rescheduled interviews and almost finished K1 interviews for cases that reached the consulate before Covid, I’m feeling kinda hopeful for January. They’ve definitely slowed down compared to the rate at whcih they were scheduling interviews in Sept - mid Nov but since November 16th they have not given out new dates for K1 interviews. I’m praying that they get started again soon

Is there a reason for only one date in December for K1 interviews?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.