10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

So getting lots of help from wonderful people on visa journey thanks all so i get to my point .first ead i did if i remember correctly we paid via check. So its renewal time i don't have to pay this time as long its in before October right .also my work card experies 24 th next month i will send of my stuff tommorow so i have 3 weeks till card runs out am i still good .and yes i forgot to check my card when it was ending but i should be ok if send in tommorow i be in the system right any taughts on this be good to here have a great day people 

20 minutes ago, Cula bula said:

So getting lots of help from wonderful people on visa journey thanks all so i get to my point .first ead i did if i remember correctly we paid via check. So its renewal time i don't have to pay this time as long its in before October right .also my work card experies 24 th next month i will send of my stuff tommorow so i have 3 weeks till card runs out am i still good .and yes i forgot to check my card when it was ending but i should be ok if send in tommorow i be in the system right any taughts on this be good to here have a great day people 

Yep, the renewal is free.  You will get a receipt in the post which will serve as the extension.  They don't produce a new card or anything.

You should be fine timing-wise, but I'd send it today.

On 8/25/2020 at 3:31 PM, Jorgedig said:

Yep, the renewal is free.  You will get a receipt in the post which will serve as the extension.  They don't produce a new card or anything.

You should be fine timing-wise, but I'd send it today.

Very useful Information here...

So the renewal comes in the form of a receipt not a new card?

Any idea how long it takes for the renewal to be effected?

27 minutes ago, DISCERNING said:

Very useful Information here...

So the renewal comes in the form of a receipt not a new card?  Correct.

Any idea how long it takes for the renewal to be effected?  My husband sent his well before the one year expiration, and the receipt arrived quickly.  

Timeline

So is this recepit posted out to you or by email also if ur currently working and you don't get your new RENEWAL extension in time by ur card experies can you still work while waiting for your recepit 

10 minutes ago, Cula bula said:

So is this recepit posted out to you or by email

They send it inside an envelope in the mail. For my renewal submission last month the printed stamp had ZIP 85034 (Phoenix, AZ) but envelope said from National Benefits Center, Lee's Summit, MO. Maybe the printed stamp is random?

10 minutes ago, Cula bula said:

also if ur currently working and you don't get your new RENEWAL extension in time by ur card experies can you still work while waiting for your recepit 

You'll need the receipt notice in order to present it together with expired EAD as proof. Unless your employer believes you and is willing to take a risk while waiting for the receipt notice.

Edited by HRQX

Timeline

Thanks very much so i sent of the recepit in which i got with my work card last time they siad to send this recepit when you are doing a RENEWAL they said it speeds up the process for renewal i wonder how long i be waiting mine experies in 23 days 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.