Sweetgirl

Where to apply for american passport question

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Guys!

I have a question where to apply for american passport?

At the post office?

I had a chance to apply yesterday after the Ceremony in Denver,but we didn't do that.

So we came back home to the small town in Colorado and seems the only place to apply for the passport here is the Post Office.

How long does the Process takes? Up to 7 weeks?

Or the Passport Application States if i pay and expedited Fee of $ 157 they will process the application in a 3 days? Does it mean if i pay extra money my passport is gonna be ready in a 3 days?

Also,there is a question section in the application where they wanna know about the date of my trip.

Is it really important to put a date of the trip there? The thing is that i am not planning to go anywhere during the next month or two,but just would like to have a passport ready, just in case.

Are they going to be ok with issuing passport without me having a particular date of my future trip?

What should i write in that section? Soon?...or should i live it blank?...

I appreciate your concern.

Best wishes (F)

You can do it at the post office, but right now there's a huge backlog for passport because of the Mexico and Canada requirement, prior to that you could just travel with your driver's license.

Gone but not Forgotten!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife got her passport done in Feb and paid the expedited processing fee and got her Passport in exactly a week.

Hope this helps

AOS

Filled : 2007-09-17

NOA : 2007-09-25

Biometrics : 2007-12-13

EAD card prod : 2007-12-13

Job Offer : 2007-12-18

EAD card prod : 2007-12-18

EAD approved mailed : 2007-12-21

EAD in Hand : 2007-12-24 (Awesome Christmas Present)

Applied for SSN : 2007-12-26

SSN arrives in mail : 2008-01-05 (Happy New Year)

Start work :2008-01-15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If your trip is coming up soon, then I would think paying the extra fee to have it processed faster would help. I filed for mine back in October and got it in exactly 6 weeks, just like they said I would. I did go to the post office here in Denver and paid with a check.

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.