Rukhsati ceremony for Pakistan embassy

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey, specific to the US embassy Pakistan

CR-1 visa type. 
has anyone gotten the rukhsati done after the interview? We had a big nikkah ceremony  and we have loads of pictures of the event as well so we were thinking of getting the rukhsati done after the interview. Has anyone done the same thing? Will it be an issue at the interview?

Edited by 2019

Timeline
1 hour ago, 2019 said:

CR-1 visa type. 
has anyone gotten the rukhsati done after the interview? We had a big nikkah ceremony  and we have loads of pictures of the event as well so we were thinking of getting the rukhsati done after the interview. Has anyone done the same thing? Will it be an issue at the interview?

depend if you can satisfie the consular officer . Sometimes things goes wrong. i have a freind same happen with him and after interview he is still stuck in Admin process.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, A S said:

depend if you can satisfie the consular officer . Sometimes things goes wrong. i have a freind same happen with him and after interview he is still stuck in Admin process.

Hey, did your friend had his rukhsati after the interview?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, A S said:

yes they did after the interview . 

Thankyou for your response. One more question, the CO asked your friend at the interview if they had gotten the rukhsati and Valima done? Even if they had a large nikkah event?

Timeline
Just now, 2019 said:

Thankyou for your response. One more question, the CO asked your friend at the interview if they had gotten the rukhsati and Valima done? Even if they had a large nikkah event?

to be honest i dont know the detail . but one thing he told me they ďid reception after interview.

Timeline
On 8/20/2020 at 3:09 PM, 2019 said:

CR-1 visa type. 

Not at all. Just show them pics of nakkah during interview. My friend did the same thing. No valima just nikkah pics in the interview.

Timeline
On 8/22/2020 at 7:39 PM, Wasim abbas said:

Not at all. Just show them pics of nakkah during interview. My friend did the same thing. No valima just nikkah pics in the interview.

Thanks for your reply, was your friend asked for any other event pics?

Timeline
6 hours ago, 2019 said:

Well he was not lucky to get visa because the forget his nadra marriage certificate. Nvc approve his case on basis of origional urdu marriage certificate and translation.

And CO give him 221 g letter .its been more than one year that  His case is in AP. 
But Almost every person goes through AP or delay from islamabad embassy . 

6 hours ago, 2019 said:

No he was not asked. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Wasim abbas said:

Well he was not lucky to get visa because the forget his nadra marriage certificate. Nvc approve his case on basis of origional urdu marriage certificate and translation.

And CO give him 221 g letter .its been more than one year that  His case is in AP. 
But Almost every person goes through AP or delay from islamabad embassy . 

No he was not asked. 

AP for 1 year, only for a single document?

thats messed up, is there any way we can avoid a lengthy AP process? 
TIA

Timeline
1 minute ago, 2019 said:

AP for 1 year, only for a single document?

thats messed up, is there any way we can avoid a lengthy AP process? 
TIA

Luck otherwise there is no way except mandamus. I am waiting for my interview all my docs are complete but i know they are going to do same thing. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Wasim abbas said:

Luck otherwise there is no way except mandamus. I am waiting for my interview all my docs are complete but i know they are going to do same thing. 

We are also at the same stage, waiting for the interview now. Good luck on your petition!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.