33 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

RFE (for medical) received 10-6-20.  Says to wait for interview or interview waiver letter for further instructions.  I haven't done biometrics yet.  Is this normal?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
25 minutes ago, AnnieF said:

RFE (for medical) received 10-6-20.  Says to wait for interview or interview waiver letter for further instructions.  I haven't done biometrics yet.  Is this normal?

It is completely normal :) 

It is called I-693 deficiency note and generally arrives in the mail before the biometrics appointment letter.  

Timeline
On 10/8/2020 at 9:43 AM, Jacobo said:

It is completely normal :) 

It is called I-693 deficiency note and generally arrives in the mail before the biometrics appointment letter.  

Perfect, thank you!  Things are ticking along :)

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

10/28  

no biometrics or  medical in the usa  doing the aos

is this  normal  recieved  the the  notices  on september  05 2020

Edited by timartinezfan

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/28/2020 at 10:05 PM, timartinezfan said:

10/28  

no biometrics or  medical in the usa  doing the aos

is this  normal  recieved  the the  notices  on september  05 2020

Me neither - not received biometrics yet and am wondering if this is normal.  Submitted August 3rd.

Hi guys,

I am currently out of status but I've submitted my forms I-130, I-485 and etc needed for the necessary adjustment of status. I arrived on a B1/B2 visa and since then, I've overstayed because my wife and I decided to do the AOS procedure due to the COVID-19 issue.

Now, I want to do a Masters degree program while waiting for the process to take its course but I don't know what to apply as. I don't know if I can actually apply for the Student Visa also.

I think in a nutshell, my question is, considering I want to study for a MSc program, what do I apply as and how do I go about it?

Thanks

Timeline
18 minutes ago, dmykel7 said:

Hi guys,

I am currently out of status but I've submitted my forms I-130, I-485 and etc needed for the necessary adjustment of status. I arrived on a B1/B2 visa and since then, I've overstayed because my wife and I decided to do the AOS procedure due to the COVID-19 issue.

Now, I want to do a Masters degree program while waiting for the process to take its course but I don't know what to apply as. I don't know if I can actually apply for the Student Visa also.

I think in a nutshell, my question is, considering I want to study for a MSc program, what do I apply as and how do I go about it?

Thanks

Hello, I think you should wait for you EAD card which would work for studying. 

You wouldn’t be elegible to apply for F1 status (student status) within the United States, because said status is a non-immigrant application, while the Marriage-Based Adjustment of Status process is an immigrant application. 

I think you should seek a consultation with an immigration attorney who could explain you more about it ☺️☺️

Edited by Jacobo

1 hour ago, Jacobo said:

Hello, I think you should wait for you EAD card which would work for studying. 

You wouldn’t be elegible to apply for F1 status (student status) within the United States, because said status is a non-immigrant application, while the Marriage-Based Adjustment of Status process is an immigrant application. 

I think you should seek a consultation with an immigration attorney who could explain you more about it ☺️☺️

Thanks a lot for the insight Jacobo. I think your view is actually spot on cos I've been doing some reading but then just decided to ask the community first. I appreciate the time taken to respond

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/21/2020 at 10:20 AM, AnnieF said:

Me neither - not received biometrics yet and am wondering if this is normal.  Submitted August 3rd.

In your medical request, did it say request for initial evidence or request for further evidence, also, did you submit the I944?

Timeline
On 12/9/2020 at 6:49 PM, RPete said:

In your medical request, did it say request for initial evidence or request for further evidence, also, did you submit the I944?

I did submit I-944 with my original application.  The letter I received for the medical was labeled I-693 Deficiency Notice and said I would either receive instructions to bring it to the interview or receive a RFE if interview was not required.  My case is being held at the National Processing Center, so it has not even gotten to my local processing center for biometrics scheduling yet.  It has been 4 1/2 months.  For sure it seems outside of the published processing times, but I was wondering if everyone else was in the same boat, or just me.  There is no reason why my application would be difficult except, I was previously DQ's and invited for interview in consular processing but switched to AoS because of COVID circumstances.  I'd even done my medical for the consular process and sent the unopened medical results in with my AOS application.  Waiting again.......my overall process has been 2 years and 7 months so far to obtain a spousal green card.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Timeline

So long ago I don’t give you an update guys. I had my AOS interview on March 22, 2021and we were approved on the spot!! Hialeah, Florida Field Office 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.