lucardo3

Passport Standard vs 1-2 Delivery Method

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

On Department of State website there are two processing methods 1) standard and 2) 1-2 day delivery for additional $17.13 and it looks like this cost will be added to total amount to be sent to Department of State. My question do they process it according to the fee and are both delivery methods are trackable? Since 1-2 day delivery method is faster, Which one should i go with? Thanks for your response.

Edited by lucardo3

Filed: Timeline

I did overnight delivery for my passport because imo less room for it to be lost during transit ('epiphany' from a passport that I thought got lost in the mail). Unfortunately, only the passport is trackeable so you just hope for the best for the deliveries of the passport card and naturalization certificate.

12 hours ago, lucardo3 said:

Hello,

On Department of State website there are two processing methods 1) standard and 2) 1-2 day delivery for additional $17.13 and it looks like this cost will be added to total amount to be sent to Department of State. My question do they process it according to the fee and are both delivery methods are trackable? Since 1-2 day delivery method is faster, Which one should i go with? Thanks for your response.

I initially chose 1-2 day delivery, but the post office advised me that they don't do that anymore because of COVID-19. So, I went with Standard. Once you submit the application, you can sign up for status updates on the travel.gov website and it gives you regular updates. 

The idea of having my Naturalization certificate  back with US postal service is stressing me out because they lost my oath ceremony letter luckily i was able to print online. I don't trust USPS and the fact that it's not traceable  is even more ridiculous to me for such an important document. 

Edited by lucardo3

Timeline
6 hours ago, lucardo3 said:

The idea of having my Naturalization certificate  back with US postal service is stressing me out because they lost my oath ceremony letter luckily i was able to print online. I don't trust USPS and the fact that it's not traceable  is even more ridiculous to me for such an important document. 

I totally agree, but its a fact of life.

The only other option is to wait until phase 3, and you can got to the Passport agency in Atlanta and

do an emergency.

Edited by NEW CITIZEN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.