Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Fiza Khawar said:

Ohh really, that's a relief to hear then! Means there is much hope for some news next Tuesday!

Doesn’t this mean, In February people with DQ dates 19th to 28th May will get interviews scheduled for March? 

7 minutes ago, Waiting18 said:

Doesn’t this mean, In February people with DQ dates 19th to 28th May will get interviews scheduled for March? 

There is still 2 days of Feb that are empty feb 25 and feb 26. So they could put May19-24 in those 2 days and May24-May28 in start of March. Considering that they have put May 16-18 on Feb 22-24

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fiza Khawar said:

This has been such a ridiculous journey, since December I m hoping to hear something and the speed they are working on is unbelievable even though they are aware of the fact they have to cover alot still. The way they are distributing interview dates makes no logic, they gave Feb 10- Feb 22nd for May 11- May 15. And then they gave Feb 22nd-24rth for May 16-18. This makes no sense in any way possible, there is no even distribution. What I have learned today is to keep least hopes from them as they will only bring disappointment. I m DQ'd on May 23rd and I dont know how long more they will drag to give me some news.

Not just that. The whole country wad open during pandemic and embassy made us all wait just for an interview. Now their working pace is so frustrating. We know they could complete one month dqs in one month but they're just getting slower and slower. 

Edited by Waiting243

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fiza Khawar said:

This has been such a ridiculous journey, since December I m hoping to hear something and the speed they are working on is unbelievable even though they are aware of the fact they have to cover alot still. The way they are distributing interview dates makes no logic, they gave Feb 10- Feb 22nd for May 11- May 15. And then they gave Feb 22nd-24rth for May 16-18. This makes no sense in any way possible, there is no even distribution. What I have learned today is to keep least hopes from them as they will only bring disappointment. I m DQ'd on May 23rd and I dont know how long more they will drag to give me some news.

Also becoz they are working on other visa categories. What's more frustrating is how you're just waiting helplessly and are at their mercy of when they can send interviews becoz they don't even tell you what to expect.  No communication 

43 minutes ago, Waiting243 said:

Not just that. The whole country wad open during pandemic and embassy made us all wait just for an interview. Now their working pace is so frustrating. We know they could complete one month dqs in one month but they're just getting slower and slower. 

I thought the same atleast they complete May DQs. 

Timeline

As of 01/21/2021, my wife's CEAC status has moved from Ready to Administrative Processing.  She was not given a 221g or asked for any documents at the time of the interview.  Just more waiting 😕 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Waiting243 said:

Don't think they care really

i agree. for them its just a job and not peoples lives thats being affected. im a USC my husbands priority date is november of 2018. we even have an 18 month old daughter that they denied him  a visit visa last year for her birth. they also denied my expedite requests. his dq from nvc is may 22. i feel every time we get so close its that much further. i pray these backlogs get handled and everyone is with their loved ones soon 😞 

Edited by sav122

1 hour ago, Jacob_Malik said:

As of 01/21/2021, my wife's CEAC status has moved from Ready to Administrative Processing.  She was not given a 221g or asked for any documents at the time of the interview.  Just more waiting 😕 

One of my friend had interview same day as yours and her status is till showing ready, she wasn't given 221g either and was approved

Timeline
3 hours ago, Jacob_Malik said:

What did they tell her at the interview? Does she have any travel history?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Jacob_Malik said:

You should call them up and ask. You can write to your state governor and tell them to look into it. They will email the embassy. 

Edited by Waiting243

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.