txvl66

NoA2 approved, but now consulate suspending visas issuance

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Hi,

My NOA2 got approved way after I learned that the US secretary had ordered a visa suspension for all Lao nationals per section 243(d) of Immigration and Nationality act (see attachment) with limited exceptions so long as they could prove to the consular on why (see attachment). Nearly giving me a heart attack, I sent the US consulate in Laos an email to clarify whether if K-1 visas were affected. I got a vague statement between yes and no (see attachment), which doesn't do anything concrete for me. I had also posted on here asking how I should approach this - I had folks tell me that I shouldn't worry because K-1s weren't affected by it, which in itself isn't assuring either, because now I'm getting mixed messages. Honestly, I don't want to bank on anything less than concrete, so I'm gonna prepare for worst case scenario - filing a waiver for exceptions. My questions are:

1) How does the applicant prove they are not a threat to the national security or public safety of the US to consulars.

2) How does the applicant prove exceptional hardship if denied issuance of visa at this time to consulars?

3) Would it be worth it to get my Representatives and Senators involved by preparing a statement and sending it along with my fiance?

4) What else should I do to level our chances of being one of those limited exceptions?

I probably chose the goddamn worst year to file this petition (COVID19 + IMMIGRATION BANS). Link to US Embassy in Laos: https://la.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

Thanks in advance!

20200801_020342.jpg

20200801_020423.jpg

20200801_020400.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, txvl66 said:

I thought so. 

So now is trying to figure out what the loophole is. 

for the most part is seems being the parent of a minor US citizen child is the main loophole. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.