kat10kat2

EAD and AP Approved! No Biometrics yet

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We just wanted to let people know that we had checked our case status at: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do and it showed the approval there a few days ago, even though it showed no changes on myUSCIS. He hasn't had his biometrics yet (was schedule for March but cancelled) and were we pretty shocked when we looked up the status since we know that typically comes first.

My husband and I got our notice of action letters today (3 days later) in the mail saying he was approved for the EAD and AP! We wanted to wait to post anything just in case just checking My Case Status was wrong :) 

Anyways, this was just to encourage people to not only just check myUSCIS, as it wasn't showing the update for the approval while looking at My Case Status did!

Good luck everyone! :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Kat10Kat2,

On 7/31/2020 at 7:56 PM, kat10kat2 said:

We just wanted to let people know that we had checked our case status at: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do and it showed the approval there a few days ago, even though it showed no changes on myUSCIS. He hasn't had his biometrics yet (was schedule for March but cancelled) and were we pretty shocked when we looked up the status since we know that typically comes first.

This is important information for everyone !  A lot of people (including me)  are/were under the impression that you absolutely had to have biometrics done before an AP/EAD would be approved.  You information (and that of several others) proves that's not the case.

Congratulations.

--Mark and Sandra

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mark11 said:

Kat10Kat2,

This is important information for everyone !  A lot of people (including me)  are/were under the impression that you absolutely had to have biometrics done before an AP/EAD would be approved.  You information (and that of several others) proves that's not the case.

Congratulations.

--Mark and Sandra

The forms 765 and 131 are been approved without biometrics, but the card is not being produced.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ayrton,

5 hours ago, Ayrton said:

The forms 765 and 131 are been approved without biometrics, but the card is not being produced.

What is the practical implication of this?  Specifically with reference to the AP,  you must have some paperwork in hand when you leave the country, so even though you AP is approved in the system, if the card isn't mailed, are you stuck?  Or could you possibly make an appointment with a field office to pick up paperwork?

--Mark and Sandra

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.