Kim2020

Questions regarding expiration date of I-485 form

6 posts in this topic

I think the I-485 form that is currently on the USCIS website has an expiration date of 10/31/2020. 

However, I sent the I-485 form with the expiration date of 10/30/2021, but they have the same edition date.

Does anyone know about this?

I received the NOA and my checks are deposited already, so does it mean that my application has been accepted without any problems regarding the expiration date?

Does anyone get rejected due to the I-485 form expiration date problems after being charged?

9 minutes ago, Kim2020 said:

I think the I-485 form that is currently on the USCIS website has an expiration date of 10/31/2020. 

However, I sent the I-485 form with the expiration date of 10/30/2021, but they have the same edition date.

Does anyone know about this?

I received the NOA and my checks are deposited already, so does it mean that my application has been accepted without any problems regarding the expiration date?

Does anyone get rejected due to the I-485 form expiration date problems after being charged?

expiration date is not important. it is the version number. 

duh

20 minutes ago, James120383 said:

expiration date is not important. it is the version number. 

Thank you.

I am just worried because I saw one post saying that their I-485 form was rejected because it has 10/31/2021 expiration date.

I cannot find the post. 

I got the NOA and my check was deposited. Do you know if it means that they accepted the form or they could reject after they charged?

11 minutes ago, Kim2020 said:

Thank you.

I am just worried because I saw one post saying that their I-485 form was rejected because it has 10/31/2021 expiration date.

I cannot find the post. 

I got the NOA and my check was deposited. Do you know if it means that they accepted the form or they could reject after they charged?

yes

duh

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
On 7/31/2020 at 6:52 PM, Kim2020 said:

Yes.. to what?

So, you mean they could reject after they charged?

Hey

There are 2 ways of accepting or rejecting applications:

1- if you include old version of the forms or incorrect filing fees, they will reject your petition and send you back your package with all the supporting documents and money for you to fix what it has to be fixed. 

2- Once all the forms correct, they charged the money, send you "on the way receipt notice message" through your phone. Then they transfer your case to the USCIS field Office in your state or the one near you. The field office can now ACCEPT or REJECT your petition or send you RFE or RFIE.

But in anyway, they will take your money no matter what.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.