RRT1980

Santa Ana Office Filers

55 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, MandG said:

@little_mermaidDid you have your interview?  If so, how did it go?  How are they handling oath ceremonies?   Just wondering as my wife's interview in Santa Ana is on Monday.

Everything went well. I didn’t have oath ceremonies

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/12/2020 at 2:23 PM, sjones said:

Hi! I filed mine Nov 21 and did my biometrics on Nov 29. My case completion estimate shows up as October (2 months) and it used to be July before Covid.

I haven't heard back from USCIS since Nov 29th as it says "Biometrics reviewed" for the last 8.5 months. I hope i'll hear back very soon. 🤞 

Please update here once your interview is scheduled.

My wife had her interview today in Santa Ana.   No issues at all.  I had to wait outside, as they wouldn't allow me in due to COVID.   After she was approved, she went immediately to being sworn in.  She is officially a US citizen!!  The journey is over!!!

Timeline
6 hours ago, MandG said:

My wife had her interview today in Santa Ana.   No issues at all.  I had to wait outside, as they wouldn't allow me in due to COVID.   After she was approved, she went immediately to being sworn in.  She is officially a US citizen!!  The journey is over!!!

Congratulations!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mongolia
Timeline
2 hours ago, RRT1980 said:

Any Santa Ana filers got their interviews scheduled recently?

I actually got my interview scheduled for Dec 16 and the letter is dated 11/10. I filed for it Nov, 2019 so it took exactly a year to get the interview notice.  I really hope the interview doesn't get pushed back due to Covid. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, sjones said:

I actually got my interview scheduled for Dec 16 and the letter is dated 11/10. I filed for it Nov, 2019 so it took exactly a year to get the interview notice.  I really hope the interview doesn't get pushed back due to Covid. 

Congratulations sjones. Please share your interview experience when you can.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mongolia
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to keep you all posted on my interview experience. My interview was scheduled for 8:30AM Dec16th and I arrived there at 8:15AM. I was taken to the second floor where Adjustment and Naturalization interviews take place. I waited in the waiting room for an hour before i was called in. My officer was such a nice guy and he was accompanied by a female officer who was there to observe him. They both were looking at my documents and said I have lots of evidence and they really appreciated the fact that I had submitted that much.

I filed online in Nov, 2019 and submitted a bunch of documents. A few months ago, I added some more updated documents with 2019 joint tax filing, joint insurance, quarterly bank statements since my submission last year, lease renewal etc. and they were a bit confused as to why there were more recent submissions. I told them that I didn't see any movement in my case, so thought I'd update my documents online and they both nodded, smiled and said that it was great that I was proactive. 

The main officer asked me for my green card and driver's license, and he explained to the other officer that this is to see if I still have my green card and the driver's license is for checking my residency. He went through the application questions, talked for a bit and then congratulated me and told me that I was getting recommended for approval. The entire process took about 30 mins. They asked me to wait in the lobby for about an hour to receive my Naturalization certificate. I was walked outside and waited in the lobby for like 15 mins when I was called back in. I took the oath with both officers in the same interview room and received my certificate. I was out in 5 minutes this time.  I'm an American citizen now!!! :)

Questions that I was asked were: 

- What did Abraham Lincoln do?

- When was constitution written?

- What happened on 9/11?

- What's the capital of California?

- How many amendments in Constitution?

- Name one of the longest rivers.

I answered them all 6 questions correctly so he told me I passed the test. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.