prettylilraindrop

Checking on employment authorisation/ advance parole etc

19 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, prettylilraindrop said:

Hey everyone. So we have filed for adjustment of status and filed for the advance parole and employment authorisation etc and I know typically it should take 120 days. It’s now gone over that and I completely expected delays because of coronavirus but my question is, is there anyway I can check on the status? I can see online that you can call USCIS but it only mentioned to check on green card status which obviously takes a lot longer? I also tried online but it’s really delayed and still shows as “approved” so is there anyway I can check on the status or do we have any idea how long these documents could take/ how long the delay is? 

it might be a stupid question so I’m sorry if so, any help would be appreciated 

We filed AOS March 2019, Biometrics April 2019, EAD/AP August 2019 but with COVID I would imagine it is taking longer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Filed 2/18/20

Bio 3/13/20

4/6/20 ready for interview..

nothing happened..

.7/21 EAD AP approved (waiting for card)

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 7/24/2020 at 11:11 AM, Nicola and Jordan said:

We filed AOS March 2019, Biometrics April 2019, EAD/AP August 2019 but with COVID I would imagine it is taking longer

Thank you! I just received my biometrics now and we filed back in April so I can imagine it’ll take a lot longer. Am I correct in thinking biometrics is just taking fingerprints, what else is involved and how long does the process take? 

On 8/15/2020 at 1:23 PM, prettylilraindrop said:

Thank you! I just received my biometrics now and we filed back in April so I can imagine it’ll take a lot longer. Am I correct in thinking biometrics is just taking fingerprints, what else is involved and how long does the process take? 

Hey yeah just make sure you take everything they ask for. I think passport with the K1 in, marriage cert etc. Then they just take a pic and fingerprints from what I remember - I have a terrible memory lol. It was quick and painless 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.