bandito

Obtaining Credit Report for I-944

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, I moved to the US recently on a K1 visa and am now in the midst of AOS paperwork. In part 3 of the I-944 it asks:

11. Do you have a U.S. credit report?

12. Do you have a U.S. credit score?

Obviously I have neither of these things. I have attempted to use TransUnion and Equifax to obtain proof that I have not got a credit score or report, however they require either a US card number which I do not have (my wife and I share her debit card) or a US address. The problem is that I am not on the lease for our apartment as the landlords told me to wait until it is renued to be added, so when I fill out my adress on the credit report forms they cannot find a record of me living here and thus cannot show proof that I have no credit report. 

I have seen other people run into a similar problem as me, though there's is that they don't have an SSN. I fortunately have an SSN but because of the address information I cannot get the information I need to attach to my I-944.

Has anybody else experienced this issue? Any advice on what I should do?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, bandito said:

Hi all, I moved to the US recently on a K1 visa and am now in the midst of AOS paperwork. In part 3 of the I-944 it asks:

11. Do you have a U.S. credit report?

12. Do you have a U.S. credit score?

Obviously I have neither of these things. I have attempted to use TransUnion and Equifax to obtain proof that I have not got a credit score or report, however they require either a US card number which I do not have (my wife and I share her debit card) or a US address. The problem is that I am not on the lease for our apartment as the landlords told me to wait until it is renued to be added, so when I fill out my adress on the credit report forms they cannot find a record of me living here and thus cannot show proof that I have no credit report. 

I have seen other people run into a similar problem as me, though there's is that they don't have an SSN. I fortunately have an SSN but because of the address information I cannot get the information I need to attach to my I-944.

Has anybody else experienced this issue? Any advice on what I should do?

You don’t need a US card number to obtain a letter from equifax stating you don’t have a credit score or report. We just got ours a couple weeks ago. We were instructed to fax over a cover letter stating what we wanted and 2 forms of ID (his passport and Australian drivers license). Letter in the mail a week later. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.