sweets1234

Do we have enough evidence for I-751?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Latvia
Timeline

Hello! I wanted to ask you to look at our evidence of our marriage for I-751 and see if it looks good. We can send in starting from beginning of August but might send in a little later if package not ready yet. We live with my husband’s mom together and house is in her name and we pay money to her every month for utilities and other expenses (money coming from our joint checking account). We also don’t have children yet but will want in near future after buy house together (saving up for house down-payment now). Will this all look good, is enough and shouldn’t get RFE or not? Thanks! 

·      Payment $595 and an $85 biometric service fee

·       I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

·       Copy of Permanent Resident Card (front and back)

·       Cover letter

·       Evidence of the Relationship

1.     In cover letter added little explanation telling why we don’t have lease or mortgage or utility bills together because we live together with my husband’s mother, she is the owner of the house and we pay money to her every month for half of utilities and other expenses and tell that we attached a photo copy of my husband’s mother’s driver license to show that we all live in the same address. Should I add that we are saving up for house down-payment and will want children in near future or not? And should I add proof that we are sending money for utilities and other expenses to husband's mom directly every month because she owns the house and we pay her or not necessary?

2.     Joint checking account with transaction history from the date we made the account together (about 6 months ago made that together, didn’t have a need to do that earlier) 

3.     Joint credit card statements and printed copies to show the same credit card numbers (have had the same account credit cards with both of our names for maybe around 2.5 years)

4.     Joint Tax Returns from 2017, 2018, 2019 (all 3 marriage years) 

5.     Copies of health insurance cards showing husband as primary and wife as secondary user and copies of payments for health insurance monthly payments to show that it is active (January 2020-July 2020). Also proof of previous health insurance from wife’s previous employer (December 2017-September 2018), other months we didn’t have and didn’t need health insurance and paid cash for doctor visits. 

6.     Affidavits (Notarized in bank) from mother-in-law with whom we live together and brother-in-law where mother-in-law explains how the house we all live in is in her name and we pay money to her every month and that we are very close, she met the Alien wife’s parents and other relatives at the wedding and how her and the daughter-in-law have become very close…And brother-in-law tells in his affidavit how sees us often when we celebrate Birthdays together and how he was in our wedding and we seem happily married. 

7.     Florida Driver License copies from both of us showing same home address 

8.     Health savings investment accounts for me and my husband that show that we set each other up as beneficiary (from December of 2019 till now). We will include proof that there is activity on the account-investments being made regularly. 

9.     ROTH IRA investment accounts for me and my husband that show that we set each other up as beneficiary (from December of 2019 till now). We will include proof that there is activity on the account-investments being made regularly. 

10.  401K from wife’s previous Employer showing husband as 100% Beneficiary (it is 1 page that shows that information and that job was only for around a year but still proof). 

11.  Car title copy with both of our names, previous car title copies (2017-2020 several cars have had)

12.  Auto Insurance Policy copy with both of our names, previous auto insurance copies (3 years together). We will include proof that insurance was paid quarterly. 

13.  Phone bills with both of our names (starting from half a year after the marriage till now). 

14.  Payment statements from Christian ministries addressed to both of us about the monthly donations 

15.  Bills, mail coming to me and my husband with both of our names on to the same address 

16.  Cards, invitations to events sent in mail to me and my husband together

17.  Trip tickets:

·       Trip to Washington DC in 2018-plane tickets with both of our names, photos 

·       Family trip to Virginia in April 2019-Airbnb receipts with both of our names, photos of family and relatives together 

·       Family trip to Virginia at the end of July 2020-Amtrak train ticket receipts, Airbnb receipts, luggage storage receipt, will be photos of family and relatives together 

18.  Facebook screenshots with photos, posts of me and my husband in different places in Florida and other states with date, place and likes from other people (2017-2020 now) 

19.  Receipt from “Sleep number” for buying a king size bed and pillow with both of our names together on the bill. 

Thank you, I appreciate this community support very much ❤️❤️! 

Edited by sweets1234
mistake in text

5 minutes ago, sweets1234 said:

Hello! I wanted to ask you to look at our evidence of our marriage for I-751 and see if it looks good. We can send in starting from beginning of August but might send in a little later if package not ready yet. We live with my husband’s mom together and house is in her name and we pay money to her every month for utilities and other expenses (money coming from our joint checking account). We also don’t have children yet but will want in near future after buy house together (saving up for house down-payment now). Will this all look good, is enough and shouldn’t get RFE or not? Thanks! 

·      Payment $595 and an $85 biometric service fee

·       I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

·       Copy of Permanent Resident Card (front and back)

·       Cover letter

·       Evidence of the Relationship

1.     In cover letter added little explanation telling why we don’t have lease or mortgage or utility bills together because we live together with my husband’s mother, she is the owner of the house and we pay money to her every month for half of utilities and other expenses and tell that we attached a photo copy of my husband’s mother’s driver license to show that we all live in the same address. Should I add that we are saving up for house down-payment and will want children in near future or not? And should I add proof that we are sending money for utilities and other expenses to husband's mom directly every month because she owns the house and we pay her or not necessary?

2.     Joint checking account with transaction history from the date we made the account together (about 6 months ago made that together, didn’t have a need to do that earlier) 

3.     Joint credit card statements and printed copies to show the same credit card numbers (have had the same account credit cards with both of our names for maybe around 2.5 years)

4.     Joint Tax Returns from 2017, 2018, 2019 (all 3 marriage years) 

5.     Copies of health insurance cards showing husband as primary and wife as secondary user and copies of payments for health insurance monthly payments to show that it is active (January 2020-July 2020). Also proof of previous health insurance from wife’s previous employer (December 2017-September 2018), other months we didn’t have and didn’t need health insurance and paid cash for doctor visits. 

6.     Affidavits (Notarized in bank) from mother-in-law with whom we live together and brother-in-law where mother-in-law explains how the house we all live in is in her name and we pay money to her every month and that we are very close, she met the Alien wife’s parents and other relatives at the wedding and how her and the daughter-in-law have become very close…And brother-in-law tells in his affidavit how sees us often when we celebrate Birthdays together and how he was in our wedding and we seem happily married. 

7.     Florida Driver License copies from both of us showing same home address 

8.     Health savings investment accounts for me and my husband that show that we set each other up as beneficiary (from December of 2019 till now). We will include proof that there is activity on the account-investments being made regularly. 

9.     ROTH IRA investment accounts for me and my husband that show that we set each other up as beneficiary (from December of 2019 till now). We will include proof that there is activity on the account-investments being made regularly. 

10.  401K from wife’s previous Employer showing husband as 100% Beneficiary (it is 1 page that shows that information and that job was only for around a year but still proof). 

11.  Car title copy with both of our names, previous car title copies (2017-2020 several cars have had)

12.  Auto Insurance Policy copy with both of our names, previous auto insurance copies (3 years together). We will include proof that insurance was paid quarterly. 

13.  Phone bills with both of our names (starting from half a year after the marriage till now). 

14.  Payment statements from Christian ministries addressed to both of us about the monthly donations 

15.  Bills, mail coming to me and my husband with both of our names on to the same address 

16.  Cards, invitations to events sent in mail to me and my husband together

17.  Trip tickets:

·       Trip to Washington DC in 2018-plane tickets with both of our names, photos 

·       Family trip to Virginia in April 2019-Airbnb receipts with both of our names, photos of family and relatives together 

·       Family trip to Virginia at the end of July 2020-Amtrak train ticket receipts, Airbnb receipts, luggage storage receipt, will be photos of family and relatives together 

18.  Facebook screenshots with photos, posts of me and my husband in different places in Florida and other states with date, place and likes from other people (2017-2020 now) 

19.  Receipt from “Sleep number” for buying a king size bed and pillow with both of our names together on the bill. 

Thank you, I appreciate this community support very much ❤️❤️! 

No, that's not enough. It's more than enough. :)

Good luck. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

In my opinion you have enough. Of course it's not up to me to decide however. I would skip the writing you are saving for a down payment part/giving mom money for utilities and the part about wanting to have children..none of that is necessary.  You already said your mother in law is provided a notarized letter stating that she allows you both to stay there. We lived with my parents and at the request of my lawyer my dad wrote an affidavit stating we are living there, welcome to stay there as long as we need to, etc and provided a copy of the deed of the house (maybe the mortgage paid off letter as well?) that shows he owns the house and his ID; which all ties in to the address we live at and showed proof. Never had a RFE the entire immigration process. Oh and I wouldn't add the receipt for buying a mattress... 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.