Reconnecting Reco

Embassies to possibly start opening on July 15th

39 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Uiyl said:

Fir those interviewing in Addis, with canceled appointments, Embassy announced they will start interviewing in January. If you have a canceled interview, go check your emails and your AIS account. 

Where did you find this announcement?

5 minutes ago, Tasha- said:

Where did you find this announcement?

I found it in the promotions section of my Gmail. I have been checking my spam but never checked that section. Apparently, they had sent the email on the 24 December c. But, I found out today after I randomly logged in to my AIS account where it already showed the interview date. Please check both. 

Edited by Uiyl

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Uiyl said:

I found it in the promotions section of my Gmail. I have been checking my spam but never checked that section. Apparently, they had sent the email on the 24 December c. But, I found out today after I randomly logged in to my AIS account where it already showed the interview date. Please check both. 

Forgive me for my ignorance, but what is AIS?

My appointment wasn't cancelled actually, but expedited--now at the embassy. Still waiting for a date.

35 minutes ago, Tasha- said:

Forgive me for my ignorance, but what is AIS?

My appointment wasn't cancelled actually, but expedited--now at the embassy. Still waiting for a date.

No probs. AIS is the system where you will register your appointment once you are given an interview date by nvc. The site will help you indicate to the Embassy a passport drop off location. It's the same like when you apply for a non immigrant visa. You will get the instruction to sign up with this when you get the interview.  I think it's called global support services Here is the link

ais.usvisa-info.com/en-et

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Uiyl said:

No probs. AIS is the system where you will register your appointment once you are given an interview date by nvc. The site will help you indicate to the Embassy a passport drop off location. It's the same like when you apply for a non immigrant visa. You will get the instruction to sign up with this when you get the interview.  I think it's called global support services Here is the link

ais.usvisa-info.com/en-et

Okay, yeah I was wondering if we receive a date or sign up. I guess I'm still waiting for those instructions to do so. It's been crazy these days, because my husband is from Tigray where the war has been happening.

3 minutes ago, Tasha- said:

Okay, yeah I was wondering if we receive a date or sign up. I guess I'm still waiting for those instructions to do so. It's been crazy these days, because my husband is from Tigray where the war has been happening.

I can understand the very difficult situation you and your husband are in. Hope he is safe and you are able to connect with him. I m glad they expedite it for you. Good luck and Happy Newyear 

Timeline
On 12/31/2020 at 12:36 PM, Uiyl said:

Congrats on getting an interview date! You're finally nearing the end of a very long journey! Wishing you luck at the interview - you'll have to let us know how it goes, since there's not much info on interviews at the Addis embassy, and definitely not any current info on how they interview w/ COVID in the mix. :) 

15 hours ago, Katelyn_Wray said:

Congrats on getting an interview date! You're finally nearing the end of a very long journey! Wishing you luck at the interview - you'll have to let us know how it goes, since there's not much info on interviews at the Addis embassy, and definitely not any current info on how they interview w/ COVID in the mix. :) 

Thanks, I will do so. 

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.