Talha282

Documents for nvc processing F2a converted into F2b

8 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

My mother applied for me in F2a category in april 2016. But my petition got converted into F2b category because i was over 21 years old in 2018. 

Nvc alloted me a case number in 2018. 

MY question is-

1) When my mother petitioned for me for F2a,  we gave the original birth certificate to USCIS to prove relationship,  now will we have to submit it again for NVC processing? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Talha282 said:

My mother applied for me in F2a category in april 2016. But my petition got converted into F2b category because i was over 21 years old in 2018. 

Nvc alloted me a case number in 2018. 

MY question is-

1) When my mother petitioned for me for F2a,  we gave the original birth certificate to USCIS to prove relationship,  now will we have to submit it again for NVC processing? 

That's correct. The instructions say to never send original documents, unless specifically told. I'm not sure, but chances of getting the original back from USCIS are probably slim... Are you able to obtain an new one?

Also - NVC cases die after 12 months of inactivity after case creation, did you check in/make updates regularly?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

Never send in an original document.  You will not get it back.  There is no way to get it back to you.  It's gone forever.

The instructions for the I-130 states to only send in copies.  

For the NVC, you will upload a PDF of your birth certificate after you pay the DS-260 fee.

For the visa interview, you will need to have an original or certified copy of your birth certificate.  You should start on getting a certified copy.

---------------

On a separate issue.  Do you qualify for CSPA protection?  If you qualify for CSPA protection, when did your PD become current?  Did the NVC send your mother a bill to pay the DS-260 and I-864 fees? 

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

That's correct. The instructions say to never send original documents, unless specifically told. I'm not sure, but chances of getting the original back from USCIS are probably slim... Are you able to obtain an new one?

Also - NVC cases die after 12 months of inactivity after case creation, did you check in/make updates regularly?

My priority date is 11 april 2016.

Currently the dates for filing in f2b is 1 feb 2016.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Hi,

Never send in an original document.  You will not get it back.  There is no way to get it back to you.  It's gone forever.

The instructions for the I-130 states to only send in copies.  

For the NVC, you will upload a PDF of your birth certificate after you pay the DS-260 fee.

For the visa interview, you will need to have an original or certified copy of your birth certificate.  You should start on getting a certified copy.

---------------

On a separate issue.  Do you qualify for CSPA protection?  If you qualify for CSPA protection, when did your PD become current?  Did the NVC send your mother a bill to pay the DS-260 and I-864 fees? 

I am not qualified for CSPA protection.

NVC only send me the case number saying that my petition converted to f2b and i will have to wait longer

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Talha282 said:

I am not qualified for CSPA protection.

NVC only send me the case number saying that my petition converted to f2b and i will have to wait longer

Ok.

Your petitioner will have to wait a few more years for the NVC to contact her again with the bill for the DS-260 and I-864 fees.  Once those fees are paid, you would need to upload a PDF of your birth certificate.

In the meantime, you need to go get a certified copy of your birth certificate.  It will be extremely hard, if not impossible, for you to get your original birth certificate back from USCIS.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Ok.

Your petitioner will have to wait a few more years for the NVC to contact her again with the bill for the DS-260 and I-864 fees.  Once those fees are paid, you would need to upload a PDF of your birth certificate.

In the meantime, you need to go get a certified copy of your birth certificate.  It will be extremely hard, if not impossible, for you to get your original birth certificate back from USCIS.  

Why it will take few more years! 

Current date for filing according to the july visa bulletin is " 01 feb 2016" and my pd is 11 april 2016

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Talha282 said:

Why it will take few more years! 

Current date for filing according to the july visa bulletin is " 01 feb 2016" and my pd is 11 april 2016

Sorry, my bad.

Your petitioner will probably get the bill in a few months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.